12-01-2015, 12:28 PM #1
Gamergerrit
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi I have a question I 've dropped my Playstation 3 and now he gives a red / yellow and green light in 3-2 seconds what can the problem be?
Its a PlayStation 3 slim
12-02-2015, 11:29 AM #11
Helping-Hand
Cake is a lie
Originally posted by Gamergerrit View Post
No******************.....

Originally posted by itsallornone View Post
get yourself a heatgun and heat up the chips, otherwise find a local computer repair shop and they should be able to take care of it for you

Using a heat gun wouldn't do much only make the console last for a month or so, but that's a great alternative if your not looking to buy one... you could have it reballed or as isallornone said using a heat gun will reflow the RSX chip (Temporary Fix)

Other than that there is nothing else you can do, don't put it in an oven (like tutorials on YouTube say to do) since you'll damage it even more... also a laptop shop may charge you $60-80 and they may or may not even have the Stencil for the RSX Chip.
12-02-2015, 01:12 PM #12
Originally posted by Hand View Post
Using a heat gun wouldn't do much only make the console last for a month or so, but that's a great alternative if your not looking to buy one... you could have it reballed or as isallornone said using a heat gun will reflow the RSX chip (Temporary Fix)

Other than that there is nothing else you can do, don't put it in an oven (like tutorials on YouTube say to do) since you'll damage it even more... also a laptop shop may charge you $60-80 and they may or may not even have the Stencil for the RSX Chip.

heat gun used correctly and keep keep fan cranked 60-70% and temps will stay in the mid 50's and it should never get hot enough to overheat again, last time MY ps3 took a shit was because i forgot to turn fan up that was almost 2 yrs ago, still going strong today,

i buy broken nor ps3's every chance i get. im in a big city and i pick them up everywhere..., i heat them up with heat gun, jailbreak them and sell them to my friends// local community on Craigslist for $120-180 depending on hdd sz.,(they become customers, i give them all future support, (i maintain majority of them, only a few got the hang of it) and i have never ever had one come back unless they forgot to turn the fan up,, i install fan control app on them all. yes i know there is easier ways to get fan up but the way i look at it is if you cant remember to turn the fan up every time you dont need a CFW

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo