Post: █★PS3★█★Ask Your Questions Here!★█★Ask Anything!★█★Fast Responses!★█★It's Free!★█
05-04-2014, 03:40 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey I've seen lots of threads of people asking questions and etc although it might be answered and solved if someone got the same program later they might not find the answer so you guys can ask your questions here. I will mostly answer them as I'm familiar with modding etc. It can be questions about CEX,DEX,Tools,CFWs,Banning, anything so yeah I'll be here. Also quote me so I won't forget
Last edited by lil_dre ; 05-18-2014 at 01:59 PM.

The following 3 users say thank you to lil_dre for this useful post:

GloomAndGlow, Implify,
05-22-2014, 08:53 PM #92
Cameron..
Little One
I'm planning on installing 4.46 Rebug CEX firmware soon, what spoof can I use to sign into PSN?
05-22-2014, 09:48 PM #93
Originally posted by Mr.Grimm View Post
I'm planning on installing 4.46 Rebug CEX firmware soon, what spoof can I use to sign into PSN?

4.55 spoofer enabler and disabler... skype me for more info : Kerberholm1
05-22-2014, 09:52 PM #94
How do i convert my Rogero 4.50 CEX to the latest version of Rebug DEX
05-22-2014, 09:57 PM #95
DaZeModz-
Do a barrel roll!
I have a ps3 on 3.55 ofw. I want to get on 4.46 rex edition so I'm just wondering if I can just update to 4.46 rex on 3.55 ofw or should I put it on 3.55 kmeaw then update to 4.46 rex?
05-22-2014, 09:57 PM #96
Originally posted by ELiTEiiiSkillzZ View Post

you need to go back to 3.55 kemiow jaiilbreak

Before convert To DEX Copy updater folder to dev_hdd0

Part 1.1: Preparing The Flash Dump For DEX Firmware Installation

QA-Flag the system (instructions its in folder qa Flag or below)

QA Flagging - Write By yayes

Install This Firmware CFW355-OTHEROS++-SPECIAL.PUP then install qa_flag_extra.pkg then run this app
If you want to check whether your firmware qa flagged go to system setting scroll down to network setting (don't enter network setting) then pres L2 + L1 + R1 + R2 + L3 + D-pad Down
Thats it, the “Edy Viewer”, “Debug Settings”, “Install Package” Menu will now appear.
After You enable qa_flag On your console install 3.55kmeaw (i'm not including this firmware)

Translated from Indonesian:

Once installed Firmware CFW355-OtherOS + +-SPECIAL.PUP (use USB)
Then install qa_flag_extra.pkg Run
Check Your System Is Already Successful qa_flagging
Go to system settings> to network settings (Do not Go to the Network Settings) then press L1 + L2 + R1 + R2 + L3 + Down Arrow Direction
Will Appear Menu "Edy Viewer", "Debug Settings", "Install Package"
After that Install Kmeaw 3:55

Continued from Part 1.1 (Above)

Use multiMAN (referred to mM hereafter) 04.04.04 or later/MemDump to dump the FLASH (I used the mM-dumped one instead, even though the MemDump/mM dumps are the same as each other, hash-wise) make sure you have dtbImage.ps3.bin in your usb for nor console (for Nand Console rename NAND-dtbImage.ps3.bin to dtbImage.ps3.bin)
Use flatz's EID root key application on the PS3 once installed by executing it without having any USB dongles plugged in and the key should be dumped in the "/dev_hdd0/tmp/" path
Use Gunner54's CEX-to-DEX application to patch the flash dump
Double-Click (tap) on the DEX TargetID-modified dump renamed to have ".EID0.NORBIN" or ".EID0.NANDBIN" extension in mM 04.04.04 or later in order to change the TargetID from there

Restart the system by:

Exiting mM and returning to the XMB by pressing the PS button, and selecting "Quit Game"
Selecting the "Users" menu in XMB, selecting "Turn Off System", then selecting "Yes" after you have selected "Turn Off System".
Pressing the button on the PS3 after it has been shut down.

Part 1.2: Installing DEX Firmware

Having an official 3.55 DEX firmware PUP on a USB memory dongle in the "USB:\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP" (must be named as such) directory:
Install it in XMB via the "Settings" XMB menu, and then select the "System Update" option, and then;
Select the "Update from storage media" option whilst having the "Turn system off automatically after update" option unchecked, providing that the option is there, then follow the instructions from there.

Part 2.1: Rolling Back to CEX

Having installed the official DEX 3.55 firmware now, Use mM again, but this time, use the original CEX flash dump, and select it in order to change the TargetID back to the original TargetID (mine was 87 = CEX-UK)
Exit mM and returning to the XMB by pressing the PS button, and select "Quit Game", and then from there, restart the system by:
Selecting the "Users" menu in XMB, selecting "Turn Off System", then selecting "Yes" after you have selected "Turn Off System".
Pressing the button on the PS3 after it has been shut down.

Part 2.2: Installing CEX Firmware

Having the KMEAW 3.55 (CEX) firmware PUP on a USB memory dongle in the "USB:\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP" (must be named as such) directory:
Install it in XMB via the "Settings" XMB menu, then select the "System Update" option, and then;
Select the "Update from storage media" whilst having the "Turn system off automatically after update" option unchecked, providing that the option is there, and then follow the instructions from there.

To summarize, I had to restart my PS3 every time I had to install the firmware after the TargetID changeover and I had to install it via XMB, as it was safe enough for me to do so.

Also, to successfully revert back to CEX, make sure your console is QA-flagged, you're using the newer mM versions (CEX VERSIONS ONLY, otherwise you'll get an error) as the flash-writing capabilities are improved, AND as a safety precaution (nobody says this in their tutorials, but I do it anyway as a safety precaution), make sure you install/have already installed the official DEX 3.55 firmware WITHOUT the Downgrade Support before going back to CEX.

Part 1: QA Flagging Your Console

1. Install CFW355-OTHEROS++-SPECIAL.PUP
2. Install qa_flag_extra.pkg and run it. To Make Sure You Have Succesfully Integrated qa_flag in your console go to network setting (don't enter network setting) and press L1+L2+L3+R1+R2+Directional button Down and you can see edyviewer, debug setting, install packages menus
3. Turn on system Update DEBUG in debug setting

Q: Why I Must qa_Flag My Console ?
A: This Need When revert Back to Cex So We Can AVoid Brick

Part 2: Dump Your Flash And Root Key

1. Check whether your console nand or nor with MinVerChk
2. Install Latest multiMAN (CEX Version)
3. Plug your usb to your PS3 and Open multiman and Open Filemanager (select+start) Select any file > press O > open in hex viewer > press Select+start > choose yes on option dump your flash storage (Otherwise Choose NO) file will copied to USB extension .norbin (nor console) Or .nandbin (nand console)
4. Install eEID_RKDumper.pkg then remove your USB then run eEID_RKDumper
5. Open multiman go to file manager
6. Open folder dev_hdd0/temp then copy eid_root_key to usb (48bytes)

Part 3: Convert Your CEX Flash To DEX Flash

1. Extract cex2dex.rar
2. Load your Dump Flash in tab Nor/Nand Flash Dump
3. Load your Root key in Metldr Dump TAB

Click CEX > DEX and save file with name 355DEX.EID0.NORBIN (for nor console)

355DEX.EID0.NANDBIN (for NAND console)

Part 4: B Convert Your Console To DEX Machine

1. Copy 355DEX.EID0.NORBIN (nor Console) to USB and plug it to your PS3
2. Open multiman > filemanager then double click 355DEX.EID0.NORBIN in USB and Choose yes>yes>yes
3. Quit multiman
4. Turn off your PS3 Using Controller PS3 (Don't Turn OFF Using Power Button)
5. Then Power on Your Console Using power button
6. Install 3.55DEX.PUP from XMB

Revert Back To CEX

1. Install 3.55DEXOFW (not downgrade one) then install multiman CEX (Latest)
2. Then Flash You Console Using Flash Cex You are previously dump
3. Turn off your PS3 Using Controller PS3 (Don't Turn OFF Using Power Button)
4. Then Power on Your Console Using power button
5. Install 3.55kmeaw.PUP from XMB

Note: You must on 4.21 DEX firmware to be able to launch PS3 3.6+ games.

Run 3.6+ Games on DEX

Preparing the PS Update

1. First use PS3 Game Updater (or the Manual Method) to get the newest Update pkg for the game
2. Then fire up Pkg View and extract the BCUS98295 dir into any dir -lets just call it targetdir.
3. Extract psn_package_npdrm.exe into this dir
4. Create a .txt into this dir and fill it with:

Content-ID = EP0001-BCUS98295_00-0000111122223333
K_licensee = 0x00000000000000000000000000000000
DRM_Type = Free
Content_Type = GameData
PackageType = DiscGamePatch
PackageVersion = 01.21
Rename the .txt file "package.conf". Where BCUS98295 is the Title ID of your game and Packageversion has to be the Number of the Patch you downloaded.

5. Create A .txt into this dir and fill it with

psn_package_npdrm.exe package.conf BCUS98295

pause

Then rename .txt file to repack.bat
Then run it (new PKG has just been created)
Install it to your PS3
On debug setting (on your console)
Navigate to "Boot Mode" and select "Release Mode".
Below, in "Blu-ray Disc Access" select "BD Emulator (USB)".
And below, to use the maximum speed of your HDD, select "HDD Native".
Drag your ps3_game folder to genGP3.exe
And it will create .GP3 file located in same dir your PS3_GAME

Warning!!!!! This Step will format your USB Hardrive

Connect the USB hard drive to your pc and open ps3gen.exe
On the command tab choose BD emulator hdd utility
Choose your USB Drive Then choose Format HDD for BD Emulator
In file tab choose open project then locate your .GP3 file
Click on "Build".
On the new window choose second tab (For BD Emulator (*.emu)) then create your image files (*.emu)
Open bdemu hdd manager.exe
Load your drive then write image file choose your *.emu files that you just created
Plug your bd emulator (USB Harddrive) to right usb slot then restart your console
Start game from BD icon
05-22-2014, 09:59 PM #97
Originally posted by DaZeHD View Post
I have a ps3 on 3.55 ofw. I want to get on 4.46 rex edition so I'm just wondering if I can just update to 4.46 rex on 3.55 ofw or should I put it on 3.55 kmeaw then update to 4.46 rex?

just to it on the OFW it will go to a CFW right after that... NEVER JAILBREAK A CFW TO A CFW!!!!
05-22-2014, 09:59 PM #98

or just look up how to convert CEX to DEX or DEX to CEX. Smile
05-22-2014, 10:01 PM #99
does this teach me how to go back to kmeaw?
05-22-2014, 10:05 PM #100
does this teach me how to go back to kmeaw?

i think so just type in 4.46 downgrade to 3.55

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo