01-02-2013, 11:16 PM #1
D3cH
Zombie Cakes Maker
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello everyone!

First off I want to say special thanks to aerosoul94, we discovered this few months ago, we did alot of mods, and now this is the time for release!

Ok, so now I'll explain how to edit memory of PS3 games in real time.

Tools needed :

• A PS3 with a DEX firmware
  • ProDG Target Manager and ProDG Debugger (they got leaked just google it)
  • make_fself.exe
  • The ELF file of the game you want to mod

/!\ - Your PS3 must be wired, it will not work if you're using WiFi - /!\

Ok first, start ProDG Target Manager and go on "Search For Targets" then press the refresh button to start scanning, if all is ok your PS3 should be detected, just right click on it and move it to "Debugging Station" group then double click on it, it will add your PS3 into your targets list.

You must login or register to view this content.

Now in your targets list, right click on your PS3 then choose "Connect", once your PS3 is connected you can start ProDG Debugger (if it's asking you to select a target then just select your PS3).
You will see a window called "Memory", that's in this window that you will edit the memory of the game you want.

Ok now you need to make a fself (with make_fself.exe) of the ELF you want to edit memory, just go into cmd then put make_fself x.elf EBOOT.BIN where x is your ELF (it will create the EBOOT), once you have your file just put it in your PS3 in the right game folder.

In ProDG Debugger you should see a process appear in the "Processes" window, right click on it then choose "Attach Process" then "Continue without symbols" now your process is attached and you can view memory, but when you attach it, ProDG pauses the process, you have to continue it, just go in ProDG Target Manager, expand the list of your PS3, go to "Kernel Explorer", highlight the process then press the "Continue" icon (you can also continue it with ProDG Debugger).

Now you're done and you can edit memory of your game, by the way there are other options in ProDG Debugger, you can add breakpoints, show disassembly, etc. Also don't forget to refresh memory or just enable "Auto Update" option.

Here is a screen of how it looks like :

Example of real time modding :

Enjoy your memory editing !! Smile
Last edited by D3cH ; 01-04-2013 at 06:02 PM.

The following 296 users say thank you to D3cH for this useful post:

^TPP^, _PORTLAND_, -Elmas15-, -Google-, -JM-, -Nathan-, -SuperMan, Day, iTruceFret, {H} | Exception, {TehFluux}, *SCHAOS*, /SneakerStreet/, RAB, ItzSparkBoii, Dynamite, ℳaTiCz, ⓙω мσ∂z, ϟ c0rruption ϟ, Eddie Mac, ~SpongeBob, 007bond, 192.168.1.1, 631, abdullahjwz070, aerosoul94, alchybear, AllaoOo, AMNE, AssClapper-130, awsomedude1097, Bad Luck Brian, BadChoicesZ, BASEBALL4EVER12, bcb, BigGucciSosa300, blackhawk34, Blackstorm, Boliberrys, Brag, BrinkerzHD, BroIDontMod, Bubbles Are Fun, Bucko, cali123, Capo837, CentralModz819, deneo24, Choco, Choopie, clankfan1, CLM, CoDyMoDz1000XD, ContagiousModz, CrEaTiiOn_BuRn, Creepz, Creepzoid 0___0, Crunk, Daddy, Dan Dactyl, Dannie Fresh, DazedMods, DEREKTROTTER, Derpy Hooves, DETERMiiNED, ErasedDev, Disslzit, DJ_KILLA1337, dolby1, DraMaTiK_DreaM, drdshh, DSG24, DylanOc1, emcrew2, ExceptionHell, F l e x, Fachry Ilham, FAKA_ELITE, FallofReach, FM|T xR3PMz, forflah123, SubwayMonkey, FTDreload, FuntCase, g9g__BASHA__g9g, GaMeRGiRL_2310, gaming_nation, GE90, Ghost Rolly, gianluca33, Glitchy_Modz, GodDrinksPepsi, Gommy, uome68, GreenTea101, Gus Fring, Hack Pack, Harry and 196 other users.
01-04-2013, 02:26 AM #110
D3cH
Zombie Cakes Maker
Originally posted by gianluca33 View Post
i can' t see the process why??

Make sure you made a fself and renamed it to "EBOOT.BIN".

Originally posted by woohoo12345 View Post
It's a little message that i get when i click onto ProDG Debugger its says "please wait - target communication in progress...."

just wondering if its meant to go on for a while or not

thanks

Are you connected with your PS3 in the Target Manager when you start the debugger?
01-04-2013, 02:29 AM #111
gianluca33
Little One
yes but i use fself.exe with eboot.elf
01-04-2013, 02:44 AM #112
Dannie Fresh
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by D3cH View Post
Are you connected with your PS3 in the Target Manager when you start the debugger?

Its all good now Smile but thanks for the response
01-04-2013, 03:21 AM #113
itnio
Little One
So do I just download the 4.21 DEX and update it on my ps3? Currently I'm on 4.21 REX
01-04-2013, 03:25 AM #114
Can somebody provide a link for the make_fself.exe? It would be much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 AM ----------

Originally posted by itnio View Post
So do I just download the 4.21 DEX and update it on my ps3? Currently I'm on 4.21 REX

Just fallow this thread by DEREKTROTTER You must login or register to view this content.
01-04-2013, 03:28 AM #115
itnio
Little One
Originally posted by iOH View Post
Can somebody provide a link for the make_fself.exe? It would be much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 AM ----------

Just fallow this thread by DEREKTROTTER You must login or register to view this content.

yeah, but dont I need a e3 flasher to downgrade?
01-04-2013, 03:42 AM #116
Hacks 'n' Mods
Maggbot timeout!
Originally posted by D3cH View Post
Hello everyone!

First off I want to say special thanks to aerosoul94, we discovered this few months ago, we did alot of mods, and now this is the time for release!

Ok, so now I'll explain how to edit memory of PS3 games in real time.

Tools needed :

• A PS3 with a DEX firmware
  • ProDG Target Manager and ProDG Debugger (they got leaked just google it)
  • make_fself.exe
  • The ELF file of the game you want to mod

/!\ - Your PS3 must be wired, it will not work if you're using WiFi - /!\

Ok first, start ProDG Target Manager and go on "Search For Targets" then press the refresh button to start scanning, if all is ok your PS3 should be detected, just right click on it and move it to "Debugging Station" group then double click on it, it will add your PS3 into your targets list.

Now in your targets list, right click on your PS3 then choose "Connect", once your PS3 is connected you can start ProDG Debugger (if it's asking you to select a target then just select your PS3).
You will see a window called "Memory", that's in this window that you will edit the memory of the game you want.

Ok now you need to make a fself (with make_fself.exe) of the ELF you want to edit memory, just go into cmd then put make_fself x.elf EBOOT.BIN where x is your ELF (it will create the EBOOT), once you have your file just put it in your PS3 in the right game folder.

In ProDG Debugger you should see a process appear in the "Processes" window, right click on it then choose "Attach Process" then "Continue without symbols" now your process is attached and you can view memory, but when you attach it, ProDG pauses the process, you have to continue it, just go in ProDG Target Manager, expand the list of your PS3, go to "Kernel Explorer", highlight the process then press the "Continue" icon (you can also continue it with ProDG Debugger).

Now you're done and you can edit memory of your game, by the way there are other options in ProDG Debugger, you can add breakpoints, show disassembly, etc. Also don't forget to refresh memory or just enable "Auto Update" option.

Here is a screen of how it looks like :

Example of real time modding :

Enjoy your memory editing !! Smile

Could this be used to make a modded MPDATA on mw2 so ppl can host without infection?
01-04-2013, 03:57 AM #117
SC58
Former Staff
Originally posted by YooYoOoN View Post
Can you link me to DEX CFW's. or perhaps a full tutorial on the 3.55 DEX?

its a 4.21 dex cfw go google and type ps3ita v9 dex cfw that it Happy ps3 news site

---------- Post added at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

some one should make a video on how to do this I understand it but it would be good to help ppl who don't?
01-04-2013, 03:58 AM #118
Dan
I'm a god.
I would never think this would happen, this will be great. Happy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo