08-03-2014, 03:15 AM #1
Young Jedi
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I know there's already a thread with a similair topic, but it doesn't really answer my question. Alright, so my console has been really hot lately. I'm too afraid to take apart my console, and replace the thermal paste just yet. Although, if I have to I will. But for now, my temperatures range from 40C CPU and 40C RSX at startup. After about 15 minutes, my console is at 80C CPU and 70C RSX. I knew that it's not normal to have those temperatures, so I went and opened PS3ITA Manager, and went to the fan utility option. I set the speeds to payload, and ever since I did that, my temperatures are at 65C max. It seems like everything is fine. I've been doing this for about a week. Even though the fan is kinda loud, it doesn't bother me unless it's not safe. My questions, is it alright to have the fan working a little harder than usual? Resulting in more noise and speeds? Or is this going to end up with me, having fan issues or overall just more problems? Thanks! - (4.46.1 D-REX CECHP01 PHAT) Fan speed settings: You must login or register to view this content. (I copied these settings, this isn't a screenshot from my console).
Last edited by Young Jedi ; 08-03-2014 at 03:20 AM.
08-04-2014, 03:59 AM #2
1. thermal paste WILL help
2.80C NOT Normal (ofc)
3.fan uitilty is SAFE
4.Try Manual Fan Speed
08-04-2014, 06:33 AM #3
Young Jedi
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by LightningMods View Post
1. thermal paste WILL help
2.80C NOT Normal (ofc)
3.fan uitilty is SAFE
4.Try Manual Fan Speed

Alright.. So, since my fan is at average 65C with the fan utility, is there a need for a thermal paste change?
I don't have a problem with the noise of my console, I just want to be sure this wont ruin my fan's motor or anything =D
(Also, I recently have a large studio fan blowing directly into the back, so that should help.) I'm afraid to turn on my system now XD

The following user thanked Young Jedi for this useful post:

iHaxel
08-04-2014, 07:12 AM #4
Originally posted by USP View Post
Alright.. So, since my fan is at average 65C with the fan utility, is there a need for a thermal paste change?
I don't have a problem with the noise of my console, I just want to be sure this wont ruin my fan's motor or anything =D
(Also, I recently have a large studio fan blowing directly into the back, so that should help.) I'm afraid to turn on my system now XD

NEED New Thermal Paste
08-04-2014, 12:22 PM #5
iHaxel
We're no strangers to love

haha your just like me! I literally have 2 fans facing my PS3 XDXD

just waiting for my thermal paste. I'm just scared I can't assemble it back.

I've tried opening my PS3 controllers year ago, up till now it's still not assembled.

The following user thanked iHaxel for this useful post:

Young Jedi
08-04-2014, 09:29 PM #6
Young Jedi
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Haxel. View Post

I've tried opening my PS3 controllers year ago, up till now it's still not assembled.

Exactly! If I take that system apart, I know it will break! And it's not like I can send it in to sony or anything. If they turn it on and see multiMAN I'm pretty sure I could be going away for a while. I'm kinda stuck right now. Currently, I have three fans facing it aswel as internal fan utility! Sad Awesome

The following user thanked Young Jedi for this useful post:

iHaxel
08-04-2014, 10:39 PM #7
CHIPPADONK
Bounty hunter
just look at youtube vids and try to keep your ps3 in a well ventilated area and also free of dust if possible, the are 2 options for replacing thermal paste either use a heatgun and heat both of the processors up for a minute or 2 or use the oven but i dont recommend that at all i have had about 6 or 7 fat ps3's that have over heated and caused ylod (yellow light of death) once you've done it once it stick in your head where things need to go and what screws go where good luck with it anyway
08-06-2014, 01:43 AM #8
Young Jedi
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Haxel. View Post

Do you place your fan facing the back or facing the front? I'm using a PHAT model so I believe I shouldn't blow air into the back. I should blow air into the front right?
08-06-2014, 01:49 AM #9
SonyBlack
League Champion
use artic cooling mx4 and set fan options to syscall..
08-06-2014, 03:54 AM #10
iHaxel
We're no strangers to love
Do you place your fan facing the back or facing the front? I'm using a PHAT model so I believe I shouldn't blow air into the back. I should blow air into the front right?

I own a PHAT too. I placed my PC coolin. Fan on the bottom and one on the back. It helped a bit actually.

Also fan utility to Payload, and you?

Also disassembling looks really easy, but putting them back :/:

The following user thanked iHaxel for this useful post:

Young Jedi

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo