08-03-2014, 03:15 AM #1
Young Jedi
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I know there's already a thread with a similair topic, but it doesn't really answer my question. Alright, so my console has been really hot lately. I'm too afraid to take apart my console, and replace the thermal paste just yet. Although, if I have to I will. But for now, my temperatures range from 40C CPU and 40C RSX at startup. After about 15 minutes, my console is at 80C CPU and 70C RSX. I knew that it's not normal to have those temperatures, so I went and opened PS3ITA Manager, and went to the fan utility option. I set the speeds to payload, and ever since I did that, my temperatures are at 65C max. It seems like everything is fine. I've been doing this for about a week. Even though the fan is kinda loud, it doesn't bother me unless it's not safe. My questions, is it alright to have the fan working a little harder than usual? Resulting in more noise and speeds? Or is this going to end up with me, having fan issues or overall just more problems? Thanks! - (4.46.1 D-REX CECHP01 PHAT) Fan speed settings: You must login or register to view this content. (I copied these settings, this isn't a screenshot from my console).
Last edited by Young Jedi ; 08-03-2014 at 03:20 AM.
08-06-2014, 08:20 AM #11
Young Jedi
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Haxel. View Post
I own a PHAT too. I placed my PC coolin. Fan on the bottom and one on the back. It helped a bit actually.

Also fan utility to Payload, and you?

Also disassembling looks really easy, but putting them back :/:

lol yeah. Blowing air into the behind, just sends all the air back into it i'm pretty sure. I have payload + fan into the front (Theres vents in the front hidden) and i think its working.

Three hours of playing MW3 through HDD : You must login or register to view this content.

EDIT: i also put my PC cooling pad under my console, only to find that it's broken.. I'm not sure if it would help that much anyway Sad Awesome
Last edited by Young Jedi ; 08-06-2014 at 08:27 AM.

The following user thanked Young Jedi for this useful post:

iHaxel
08-06-2014, 09:17 AM #12
iHaxel
We're no strangers to love
Originally posted by USP View Post
lol yeah. Blowing air into the behind, just sends all the air back into it i'm pretty sure. I have payload + fan into the front (Theres vents in the front hidden) and i think its working.

Three hours of playing MW3 through HDD : You must login or register to view this content.

EDIT: i also put my PC cooling pad under my console, only to find that it's broken.. I'm not sure if it would help that much anyway Sad Awesome

Not bad. Actually before putting it to payload, it gets 80+ only 10 minutes of playing. Now it's only 70+. Which is still bad.

I think I'll have to risk opening my ps3, besides if I fail, there's someone in my local retail stores who fixes ps3 XD

The following user thanked iHaxel for this useful post:

Young Jedi
08-06-2014, 09:18 AM #13
iHaxel

You got Skype? Maybe we can put thermal paste together XD

Young Jedi
08-06-2014, 09:51 AM #14
Young Jedi
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Haxel. View Post
You got Skype? Maybe we can put thermal paste together XD

That would be wayyy better lmao.. Skype: Hoping. (with a dot at the end)

The following user thanked Young Jedi for this useful post:

iHaxel
08-06-2014, 01:26 PM #15
iHaxel
That would be wayyy better lmao.. Skype: Hoping. (with a dot at the end)

Suspect? If yes, added. Smile

Young Jedi

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo