10-19-2014, 08:29 AM #1
xv4xv4x
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So I have two PS3 slims, One is a 160gb and the other is I think a 250gb.
The first one turns on but nothing on the screen. I tried resetting the signal and tried AV and HDMI but nothing worked. Also for a moment it went green for two seconds then turned off. Now it is working again but I'm unsure if it is an internal fault or GLOD.
The other Slim turns on for 1 seconds then all lights disappear and then you see a red light. PS3 on Standby, Red Light, sensor/button pressed, brief Green Light, no lights, Red Light - Internal Component Failure(Similar to YLOD). I also saw a yellow light only once after I was trying several times to switch it on.
Both consoles do fan tests without a problem so would the problems be on the motherboard for both? Both consoles are missing hard drives and I tried hard drives in both of them but it made no difference.
10-19-2014, 11:29 AM #2
DF_AUS
NextGenUpdate Elite
Few things to clear up before we settle on a main board issue.
First...do the consoles have the Sony warranty seal in tact???if not why was both consoles opened??

The first console
When the console powered down ( as you stated ) did the red stand by light flash red in a sequence similar to the ylod issue???
Or was it a constant standard stand by light??
Have you tried removing the internal hdd and powering on the console until the message appears " cannot find appropriate storage media " ??
If the message does appear reinsert your internal hdd and see the outcome...
# if the black screen issue permits try using a different internal hdd or by reformatting your current internal hdd via PC ( try the different hdd solution first if possible )
If the issue remains please report and we move on to the next solution.

The second console...
Maybe a psu issue,if the shutdown times varies ( shutdown at 1 second shutdown at 4 seconds etc ) it is more than likely a psu issue.
If the shutdown times are constant it maybe the ylod,or if you purchased the console already in this state it maybe a brick due to a downgrade attempt.
Please report back.
10-19-2014, 11:32 AM #3
DF_AUS
NextGenUpdate Elite
Sorry I just noticed that the consoles have no internal hdd's
Do both have the Sony warranty seals in tact??
10-20-2014, 07:44 AM #4
xv4xv4x
Do a barrel roll!
The console that has a Green light on only and no signal I think may be overheated GPU and the second console.. Well I have no idea what is wrong.
Both consoles were opened up but the person who opened them didn't know what they were doing so they never touched the motherboards... They just put screws back in the wrong spot and left dirty scratch marks on the casing.
The second console has the red stand by light then I go to turn it on and it goes green for about 1-2 seconds and then the whole light disappears. You press the power button again and then the red stand by light appears again but there is no flashing lights. I tried swapping PSU but they were incompatible but I have a mates PS3 slim that may have a similar PSU just so I can test to see if the console does have a bad PSU. Both consoles did a Fan test without a problem and I also found that the one with symptoms of GLOD cannot sync controllers so I might try and reflow the motherboard and see if it fixes anything. I also tried both consoles with blu rays unplugged but that does nothing either.
10-22-2014, 02:11 PM #5
DF_AUS
NextGenUpdate Elite
Could be a GPU issue,maybe on its last stand...
Do you know if the original source attempted a downgrade??
If so it may be a brick due to a hardware flash gone wrong!
The second console...
What model is the unit??
I have had similar symptoms with a few consoles....funny thing is they are all the same model...CECH-300
If it is the same issue I encountered Im certain it's a mother board fault :-(
10-23-2014, 06:28 AM #6
xv4xv4x
Do a barrel roll!
The PS3 with the green light to red light is model version: Cech-2502A and the GLOD system is model version: Cech-3002a

Edit: Just tested the GLOD system and it now not turning on. It is doing the same thing as the first system but the green light stays on 1 or 2 seconds longer.
Last edited by xv4xv4x ; 10-23-2014 at 06:31 AM.
10-23-2014, 10:32 AM #7
xv4xv4x
Do a barrel roll!
The Glod console now doesn't turn on but when it had GLOD I couldn't reset video or get into recovery mode. It would beep and make the sounds but it wouldn't show anything on the TV. Also the controller would charge via USB but not sync so I'm guessing it is a GPU issue as I had the same problem with a Backwards compatible 60GB. I reflowed the motherboard and it got it working so I'm guessing it is some sort of similar issue. I've never repaired any Slims before, only blue rays drives from them. Some I'm not that familiar with them.
11-01-2014, 05:01 PM #8
bzerk1
Bounty hunter
I got this same issue did u get a fix? Mine is bricked just beeps & shuts off so peed off
11-04-2014, 09:54 PM #9
Originally posted by xv4xv4x View Post
So I have two PS3 slims, One is a 160gb and the other is I think a 250gb.
The first one turns on but nothing on the screen. I tried resetting the signal and tried AV and HDMI but nothing worked. Also for a moment it went green for two seconds then turned off. Now it is working again but I'm unsure if it is an internal fault or GLOD.
The other Slim turns on for 1 seconds then all lights disappear and then you see a red light. PS3 on Standby, Red Light, sensor/button pressed, brief Green Light, no lights, Red Light - Internal Component Failure(Similar to YLOD). I also saw a yellow light only once after I was trying several times to switch it on.
Both consoles do fan tests without a problem so would the problems be on the motherboard for both? Both consoles are missing hard drives and I tried hard drives in both of them but it made no difference.

Try use a different TV in your house and use av cable if it still doses not work
11-05-2014, 03:55 AM #10
xv4xv4x
Do a barrel roll!
Ok so turns out a ribbon cable was unplugged causing it to shut off but now one of the consoles turns on but has GLOD again.
I've changed PSU's on it and still same symptoms so I'm guessing it is a faulty GPU. The other console I'm unsure if it is the GPU or the power supply as it is a different model PSU i cannot test it.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo