02-17-2015, 09:57 AM #1
Glenn Quagmire
Vault dweller
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So my ps3 turns on for like 2 second and then goes dead no nights at all?

Before it did this it used to turn off at random times?

I am leaning towards faulty power supply?

What Do you guys think?
02-19-2015, 07:12 AM #11
Glenn Quagmire
Vault dweller
Originally posted by N0R View Post
Could be a psu issue,have you tried replacing the psu as yet?
Also,I am not familiar with this issue,with the last 1st gen model slims Sony released ( 300xx series ) I encounter many of these with the similar symptoms...
Power the console on,after 1-3 seconds automatically powers down with no lights,even with replacing the psu the issue persists,I always had in mind that this was a mainboard issue with these particular model ps3's...
What model is yours by the way??

Yep, I have a 3003b model, not tried a nother PSU cause I'll have to buy one only got the 200xx model PSU and they take bigger pins
02-20-2015, 10:49 PM #12
CHIPPADONK
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Glenn
So my ps3 turns on for like 2 second and then goes dead no nights at all?

What Do you guys think?

try to loosen the screws under the console itself so there is no pressure on the back of the power supply ive had the same problem and loosening the case solved it hope this helps
02-21-2015, 01:21 AM #13
Seir
Do a barrel roll!
Happened to me with my ofw ps3 super slim. I took it in and they said its because my ps3 was completely fried to the point it couldnt be fixed. I forgot if it was the power supply but thats what happened to me.
02-22-2015, 11:19 PM #14
CyberNomadic
Web Developer
Its a power related issue, sounds like a PSU related problem, this often happens with the PS3 isn't getting enough power.
02-27-2015, 04:27 PM #15
FiL-UK1
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Glenn
So my ps3 turns on for like 2 second and then goes dead no nights at all?

What Do you guys think?

I had the same problem with a FAT PS3, it was indeed the power supply, I had another FAT PS3 given to me for parts with broken blu-ray drive and yellow light of death, I took the PSU out and swapped it with my FAT PS3 PSU and it's worked fine ever since.

Make sure it's from the same model number though because they have different fittings.

This reminds me I have another FAT PS3 stored away from early 2011 with a broken PSU, It may just have firmware 3.55 or lower on it Smile
Last edited by FiL-UK1 ; 02-27-2015 at 04:44 PM.
02-28-2015, 01:22 PM #16
Stunz
Former Staff
Could be any of the following problems;

• Overheating Issue
  • Hard Drive Fault
  • YLOD

I suggest you ring sony up if it's an OFW.
04-15-2015, 10:19 PM #17
Semi brick Smile i fixed mine 💪
04-15-2015, 11:00 PM #18
SlimShadyXV-
League Champion
I had the exact same problem. I bought a new power supply, and it still did not work. I cleaned the inside of the console to get rid of all excess debris and dust, and still did not work. I sent it to a local repair shop and they ordered some new parts, should be getting it tomorrow or friday. Just send it to sony because the price at a local repair shop would be around the same cause at sony its around total $150, and my repair shop its $65 for labor, plus all the parts, which came to around a little more than $150. Since we have the same problem, it would cost the same since we needed the same parts. Hope your ps3 is fixed by now, but if not, good luck
04-15-2015, 11:58 PM #19
Sounds like your power supply is not getting enough power.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo