02-17-2015, 09:57 AM #1
Glenn Quagmire
Vault dweller
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So my ps3 turns on for like 2 second and then goes dead no nights at all?

Before it did this it used to turn off at random times?

I am leaning towards faulty power supply?

What Do you guys think?
04-15-2015, 11:59 PM #20
Originally posted by Whiiteboys7thst View Post
I had the exact same problem. I bought a new power supply, and it still did not work. I cleaned the inside of the console to get rid of all excess debris and dust, and still did not work. I sent it to a local repair shop and they ordered some new parts, should be getting it tomorrow or friday. Just send it to sony because the price at a local repair shop would be around the same cause at sony its around total $150, and my repair shop its $65 for labor, plus all the parts, which came to around a little more than $150. Since we have the same problem, it would cost the same since we needed the same parts. Hope your ps3 is fixed by now, but if not, good luck

thats insane, you can buy a 3.55 console off ebay for less.
05-15-2015, 08:25 AM #21
CHIPPADONK
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Glenn
So my ps3 turns on for like 2 second and then goes dead no nights at all?

What Do you guys think?

hey man i hope i can help out here as i had exactly the same problem that i put down to the psu being faulty aswell, i sold my cfw ps3 the other day and when the buy received it he returned it bback to me and said it was faulty and kept cutting out when he tried turning it on (same problem your getting) now when i tightened the screw up underneath the console thats when the problem started, so what i did was take the top case of the ps3 and push down on the power pack at each end with the console switched on, i pushed down on the right (disk drive side) first and the console stayed on so i pushed down on the opposite side and guess what the console just shut completly off to the point where i had to power cycle so my fix for this was the AC power adapter wasnt making a good connection and when it was moved i presume it sent abit more power through the console and cut off so i just replaced the AC connector block that clips on top of the psu and its working fine now hope this can help you out a little mate
05-24-2015, 07:19 AM #22
xv4xv4x
Do a barrel roll!
I've had this problem before. It was not the power supply for me but the actual power plug at the back which needed to be replaced which is easy because it is a plug in interface. I also noticed when I had this problem that If I re-plugged the cabling, the console would work on the next boot but then fail with the same problem after it has been off. Console now works great with the back plug replaced from another unit.
My PS3 was CECHH model.
05-25-2015, 10:25 PM #23

What Do you guys think?

This could be caused by the following:

Faulty PSU

To much power is being conducted from your mains, which could be causing your board to short and turn it self off.

Scratched or damaged RSX Chip

Or a chipped mobo.

If your problem is completely irrelevant to the problems above i recommend changing your thermal paste and having your system reflowed.
06-06-2015, 12:08 AM #24
CHIPPADONK
Bounty hunter

What Do you guys think?

hey dude not sure if you sorted your problem out but this happened to me on my slim console aswell i just used to sit my laptop on top of the ps3 and it was fine i looked at loads of tutorials on this and none solved my problem, i sold my console with this problem as i thought it wouldnt be that bad to a new buyer but he ended up sending me the console back to me, so what i did was take the top case of the ps3 and apply slight pressure on the power pack, the side that has 2 prongs from the motherboard in the power pack was fine the i did the same again on the opposite side and it just shut off so i replaced the AC adaperter cable in the ps3 itself and it stayed on so i dont know if it would be worth replacing that, or another thing you can try is take the power out of the console if you have the slim and and take the casing off it once your down to the psu board, you will see 2 white plastic screws next to each other, if you turn them both clockwise about a fraction on each that may also solve your problem, they are using for the current of power that goes in the pack hope you sort if you havent already, thank me if this helped

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo