03-04-2015, 05:31 AM #1
driller2k
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ok. I just flashed my ps3 again after accidentally updating to 4.70. However, now I have another problem. During my process, I had a heck of a time fitting the clip. Spent about 3 hours getting it to work. Well it finally did take the update and I was about to dump the ps3 files and after about 10 seconds, the ps3 cut off. Now every time I turn the power on it cuts off with the red light flashing. After research, it looks as if it has the ylod. Is that true and how can I fix it myself? Looks like I have to heat the motherboard to resolder itself. What is the best method of performing this operation?
03-05-2015, 12:29 AM #11
Hi what u guys talking bout
03-05-2015, 01:21 AM #12
Leftt
Little One
Ok, this is what I recommend. If you don't want to open up your PS3, type in YouTube Blow Dryer Method for YLOD. It lasts about a week, but worth it..
03-05-2015, 10:47 AM #13
killa_ninja58
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by driller2k View Post
Yes it is a fat ps3. Best method to reflow it cheaply?

Ah... As its a phat ps3 I can only reccomend listening to these guys but I'm guessing its the same principle with the slim? I would recommend watching a YouTube video of a disassembly of a PHAT ps3 before you do ANYTHING. Then I would go on Amazon and buy some article silver 5 (best thermal paste out there) and replace the thermal paste from the chips to article silver 5 then put it together again... As I said because its a PHAT ps3 I'm not much help, sorry
03-05-2015, 10:49 AM #14
killa_ninja58
NextGenUpdate Elite
Yes it is a fat ps3. Best method to reflow it cheaply?

Also I forgot to mention... Before you put the new thermal paste on... Reflow it by a hair dryer, heat gun or oven... I've used the hair dryer method and couldn't get it to work... With the oven method it worked a charm! Just remember to take out your battery before you cook it though Winky Winky
03-05-2015, 01:25 PM #15
driller2k
Do a barrel roll!
Just remember to take out your battery before you cook it though Winky Winky[/QUOTE]

A reliable source for the oven method? I did watch one that the guy cooked it in 150 degree for 8 hours and let it cool off and then applied some kind of paste and then cooked it for I think about another 10 minutes up to 500 degrees including the preheat oven process. I have it put back together but nothing to take it back apart. I really am dedicated on jail breaking this thing. 😏
Last edited by driller2k ; 03-05-2015 at 01:30 PM.
03-05-2015, 06:58 PM #16
killa_ninja58
NextGenUpdate Elite
Just remember to take out your battery before you cook it though Winky Winky

A reliable source for the oven method? I did watch one that the guy cooked it in 150 degree for 8 hours and let it cool off and then applied some kind of paste and then cooked it for I think about another 10 minutes up to 500 degrees including the preheat oven process. I have it put back together but nothing to take it back apart. I really am dedicated on jail breaking this thing. 😏[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm talking the oven method which is a sticky Smile I have to say it did work for me... until I soft bricked it and didn't realise so I re cooked it and forgot to wrap it up in tinfoil so the usb ports are shot :/ but it DOES work a treat!
03-06-2015, 03:08 PM #17
Originally posted by ninja58 View Post
Yeah I'm talking the oven method which is a sticky Smile I have to say it did work for me... until I soft bricked it and didn't realise so I re cooked it and forgot to wrap it up in tinfoil so the usb ports are shot :/ but it DOES work a treat!

im bewildered as to how you managed to damage the usb baking the ps3 in an oven.

i have over baked dead boards as a last vain attempt at repair and have yet to damage anything on the board.
03-06-2015, 03:24 PM #18
driller2k
Do a barrel roll!
@ privateuser exactly how Will I perform this method?
03-06-2015, 06:39 PM #19
haha the oven....
thats funny, anybody that tells you to put it in the oven IS A IDIOT

new paste and try it, if no go, bend clips just a bit so they apply more pressure. works alot of the time, if that dont do it go buy a heat gun not hair dryer, (harbor freight $10) and heat up the RSX....

now you cant attack the rsx with the heat gun, gradually heat it up, going over/around the chip, few inches above it, keep gun tipped to side so the hot air gets under the rsx also.

there is no set time to heat, watch the the board closely the second it starts to flex down, start pulling the heat away and slowly take it away, remember the whole time the gun is on, keep it moving!!!!!!!!

this goes for any circuit board tvs,phones,pc mobos/gpu's,car audio, gauge cluster in ford expedition, haha had to throw that in there, i have had some that my rework station wont fix and i pull out the ol heat gun and boom, success

serious though don't ever put nothing but food in your oven LMFAO

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo