03-04-2015, 05:31 AM #1
driller2k
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ok. I just flashed my ps3 again after accidentally updating to 4.70. However, now I have another problem. During my process, I had a heck of a time fitting the clip. Spent about 3 hours getting it to work. Well it finally did take the update and I was about to dump the ps3 files and after about 10 seconds, the ps3 cut off. Now every time I turn the power on it cuts off with the red light flashing. After research, it looks as if it has the ylod. Is that true and how can I fix it myself? Looks like I have to heat the motherboard to resolder itself. What is the best method of performing this operation?
03-07-2015, 12:17 AM #29
yea i kno i went at low heat for like 1 1/2 mins and again on high heat for like another 45 sec once i heard the flux working and the beeds of solder seeded them selfs i stoped never had an error with it im not a pro but i know how to follow directions lol
03-07-2015, 12:19 AM #30
Originally posted by itsallornone View Post
WHAT????? you didnt put it in the oven? wife must of had dinner cooking huh haha

na lol im just not stupid who the fuck in there right mind will bake a ps3 like a thanksgiving turkey lol

The following user thanked j_973 for this useful post:

itsallornone
03-07-2015, 12:24 AM #31
xv4xv4x
Do a barrel roll!
Remove the thermal paste, lay the board flat, pre heat it to prevent warping the board and also remember to use flux or else the repair will not last.
Heat the GPU and CPU for around 1 minute or you can check how much it takes your heat gun etc to melt a peice of solder so you know exactly how long to use the heat gun for. If you are skilled enough you can remove the IHS and replace the thermal paste there as well. Once you repair the console I recommenced to install CFW and use control fan utility as the PS3 fans just don't do enough on the low level that they always stay at.
Also I recommend testing the console before flashing it again to make sure it doesn't YLOD during the flashing process.
03-07-2015, 10:23 AM #32
what a load of fearmongering on this thread..
oven bake method is fine. over 60 ps3 fats and slims baked by me using this method.
i have 3 baked by me that are in daily use and they were all baked over 2 years ago.

no flux used, no dangerous heat gun needed

simply place mainboard of ps3 supported and level in the middle of a fan oven and set to 100 deg c. allow oven to preheat to 100 and then remove board from oven. set to 200 deg c and allow to preheat. place the board in the preheated oven and wait for ten minutes, open oven door and turn off oven being careful not to vibrate or knock the board and leave to cool in oven, wait at least 30 minutes before touching the mainboard. once cool reassemble with new generic thermal paste.

this is how they make the mainboards in the first place. they are all oven baked in the factory.
03-07-2015, 11:22 AM #33
they are all oven baked in the factory.? you referring to the thanksgiving turkey???

"reassemble with new generic thermal paste" <----only part of above post that isn't BS

dont you have a ps3 to cook privateuser3250 .dont forget to season it now.
03-08-2015, 01:24 AM #34
driller2k
Do a barrel roll!
Ok. Reflow did not fix the issue. I have used the heat gun method and the oven method. I imagine I now have a hell of a reflow now. I turn it on with nothing but the battery and power supply connected. The green light comes on for a split second then I see like an orange color light, may be the red light slightly coming on and and then beeps three times and has a continuous red flash. Hummm... Any other ideas or thoughts?
04-15-2015, 10:20 PM #35
driller2k
Do a barrel roll!
Just to put it out there. It never was ylod... It became bricked and I know this because everything I went through to finally fix it.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo