09-17-2010, 11:18 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Vssiky from nextgenupdate.com was metioned over @You must login or register to view this content. today. WTG!!

Here's what they said:

You knew it was going to happen: Trophy Hacks! The only caveat: You can’t sync with PSN, which makes it a cool hack, for now (no online cheating). Vssiky over at nextgenupdate.com has written a detailed tutorial on how to hex edit your way to the top (of the offline world).

Check it out:
[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr08ElBmP2Q]YouTube - [PS3] Platinum any PS3 game INSTANTLY![/ame]

If/when you can sync with PSN, by whatever means, it’ll likely put you at risk of getting banned. Play honest. Don’t be a dick.

Inside the trophy collection section on your XMB, there are games represented by thier TROPUSR.DAT(s) respectively, where you can view the % of a game, what have you unlocked, etc. TROPUSR.DAT stores all of that information. Basically to get everything unlocked on a game, you will need to edit that game’s TROPUSR.DAT.

Manually editting TROPUSR.DAT can take a while to get used to. But after learning where and which byte to change, you will be able to platinum a game in no time.

You’ll need the following:

•A hacked PS3 running You must login or register to view this content.

•A Hex Editor

You must login or register to view this content. by CJPC

•An FTP client for your PC (Windows, Mac, Linux
etc.)

Then You must login or register to view this content.. Nice work, Vssiky.

The following user thanked NextGenTactics for this useful post:

Tony_xMUFCx
09-18-2010, 03:27 AM #11
Originally posted by edge4eva32 View Post
I seriously loved this. Truely I did. This is exactly how I feel and believe about all of this "hacking" by jailbreak. I am just sitting back and going to watch everyone get their systems banned while I keep playing Smile

I'm glad you enjoyed it Smile, common sense seems to be particularly funny/interesting when you can appreciate it.

These guys made an expensive product, they are going to protect its integrity in whatever way, shape, or form possible. I wouldn't be surprised if another update comes around and encrypts the data.

Then again if it uses the same (1:1) encryption I guess it would make it easier to modify our saves. Something that doesn't hurt the trophy system and can add life to a dull game (see Nazi Zombies on Xbox360).
09-18-2010, 05:19 AM #12
chrir
Haxor!
Originally posted by Man
It's an ultimately worthless hack since jailbreak can be detected and your PS3 banned from PSN. It's a good idea though, because if things were different you could easily plat games that have 1 trophy left that you've never been able to get.

you can still update and the trophies should remain on your hdd. so.... i plan to stock up on platinums and then update :derp:
09-18-2010, 05:42 AM #13
Man of Steel
It lives, my 360 is back
Not going to help you if your PS3 gets banned, or the huge amount of trophies gets reset.
09-18-2010, 11:16 AM #14
Originally posted by Ix
You won't get banned, all you have to do is use your brain and edit multiple Trophy Data's and edit the time stamps. If you editthe time stamps and make it look legit, then what have Sony got to suspect or what evidence have they got to ban you?

Use your brain? Like this is a open net forum. Your PSN account name is in your profile. Take that name and look it up on Sony's PSN site....

You must login or register to view this content.

This you? Well, I think Sony is a little smarter then to post something like you said for all to read. Your account could already be flagged and watched. Again, anyone can come in and read and open forum on the net. They have teams that search this info out everyday just looking for it.
09-18-2010, 11:31 AM #15
DarkGeneRaL_
Are you high?
Originally posted by ZBlacktt View Post
Use your brain? Like this is a open net forum. Your PSN account name is in your profile. Take that name and look it up on Sony's PSN site....

You must login or register to view this content.

This you? Well, I think Sony is a little smarter then to post something like you said for all to read. Your account could already be flagged and watched. Again, anyone can come in and read and open forum on the net. They have teams that search this info out everyday just looking for it.

yes they do i wont be surprise if a regular member from ngu works for sony.thats why i didnt even bother with the jailbreak stuff it will get to the point were you will get banned watch you will see.
09-18-2010, 09:26 PM #16
Undercovermc
NGU's Resident Realist
Originally posted by NextGenTactics View Post
I know this sherlock, i'm posting what ps3hacks SAID about him. try-n-catch up will ya?..LOL

There was no need for you to make a new thread for that, you should have just posted it in his thread. PS3-Hacks didn't state anything that he didn't already state in his OP.

If Hunter or TheUnkn0wn ever release their method, and a PS3 website makes an article about it, I'll make sure to create a brand new thread just to link to their one. That makes sense, right?

The following 2 users say thank you to Undercovermc for this useful post:

MARY JANE
10-08-2010, 12:39 AM #17
phantom1999
Are you high?
cool glad i found this..
10-08-2010, 03:48 AM #18
i request sticky please. :y:
10-17-2010, 08:00 PM #19
00king00
Do a barrel roll!
if can’t sync with PSN, why bother to do it?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo