Post: How to use KG's free Save Resigner (Noob Friendly Tut)
02-16-2013, 02:57 PM #1
Smokin420
Used2B Kelston813
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Hey guys, here's a noob friendly tutorial on how to use KG's free save resigner. It basically does the same as Xploder, except its free and has a more basic interface. Xploder takes awhile to resign saves where KG is extremely fast, as you only need an .sfo of your own once! And then it is not needed again, you only need the save you want to make yours.

Here is a link to You must login or register to view this content., please give him credit for this great program and even consider donating, which is what I did when Xploder asked me to renew my license, I sent the money to him. Check out his description for the most updated games.conf if I havn't edited the thread in awhile.

Download the link above and extract then install the program.

When you open the resigner, you will be on the Save Resigner tab, click on Customized Profile Settings.

Don't worry about the profiles yet, first just paste these keys in, exactly into the same fields.

SysCON Manager Key: D413B89663E1FE9F75143D3BB4565274
Key Gen Key: 6B1ACEA246B745FD8F93763B920594CD53483B82
Gamesave PARAM.SFO Key: 0C08000E090504040D010F000406020209060D03
Fallback Disk Hask Key: D1C1E10B9C547E689B805DCD9710CE8D

Then click on Save Keys.

Now grab any .sfo from your account. These are found inside gamesaves copied off your PS3. Still on the customized settings page, click the 'Or load from Param.sfo' button. Find the .sfo from your account and load it into Profile 1, then click Save Profile.

Go back to the Save Resigner tab, go to File > Open, then find the modded save you need and highlight ICON0.PNG. Choosing ICON.PNG will pick all contents in the folder.

You should see the game name and game ID show up. If you need the save to be resigned to another region change it now under game ID, enter your version e.g BLES0145 to BLUS0145 (the numbers usually change as well)
You can also remove or add copy-protection from here by simply ticking the box. When your done choose which Profile you want to resign it to, and then click resign. There is a decrypt, encrypt/resign option next to it for those who are modding the save.

After resigning it will alert its finished, and the save will now be named as the original modded save you chose. The backup will say (Original Backup) in the name and has not been resigned.

Remember to choose ICON.PNG as the file when resigining!! Copy the save to your PS3 and load up like normal :y: please check below for more helpful info and some FAQ's...

Hash Key Issues and Fix
The save should never give you a corrupt message on load, only on copy. If it does its because the game you are doing hasn't been added to the games.conf. This can be fixed by searching ['Enter game name disk hask keys'] into a search engine.
You need something like this -

; "Jetpack Joyride"
[NPUB31097/NPEB01240]
;disc_hash_key=
secure_file_id:*=BA069413E990A0C3153BC84095690547

Open the games.conf with notepad and copy/paste that in the file. If you've downloaded BruteForce that has alot of the disk hash keys compiled into one, however it gets regularly updated on Aldos Tools. I will also upload mine after a few more games have come out and it needs updating.

F A Q's

(Q) When I open KG, it says msvr100.dll Error?! Help!!

(A)This is down to parts of Windows being out of date and is easily fixed. This download link is directly from Microsoft so they are safe. Most Microsoft users will need to download the 32bit version. Not sure for Linux sorry.

(Q) My modded save has no .SFO, can I use it?

(A) Yes, you can. You need a .SFO from that game first though. So if it's unprotected simply copy one of your saves from the PS3. Put your .SFO from the game into the modded save, and resign it to your Profile. Now the save should be complete and Load normally. This is also true if any other files are missing from the save e.g the ICON.PNG

(Q) The game I'm doing is copy-protected, how do I get the save off?

(A) This is tricky if you can't find a save for the game. You need to copy a save to your PS3 with the copy-protection already removed. So, say you need your Star Ocean Last Hope Save Slot 1 off your PS3. Resign a modded save to your profile (It has to be from a different Save Slot!) And load say, Save Slot 2. Now load your original save you needed and SAVE THE GAME! This save should now be uncopy-protected and you can get it off the PS3!

(Q) Everytime I copy it back to my PS3, it says 'Copying of this Data is not Allowed'.

(A) A very simple mistake people make is forgetting to check the Copy-Protection box. If you load a modded save and are about to resign it to your profile, make sure the box is ticked!! Otherwise you'll have to resign it again.

(Q) My games.conf is missing some games?! Help!!

(A) Here is a link to an updated games.conf - You must login or register to view this content.

(Q) I'm still getting errors and its in games.conf?! Help!!

(A) Next to the copy-protection box is another little box reading 'Copy Params from a specified Game'. If the games not in games.conf an you can't find the hash keys, use this option. It will ask you load the Param from another save from that game. So, choose your original save not the modded one! KG should recognize which game you are resigning.

(Q) I've resigned my save and my PS3 doesn't recognize it?! Help!!

(A) Did you remember to change your game ID to your region? Remember if your from the EU and you're using a US save, you need to change the Game ID to NPEB or BLES.

(Q) I can't get Dead Space 3 to work?! Help!!

(A) Alot of requests for this game, as I don't own it sorry I have no experience with testing the saves. The user xXDeepuXx posted that he had sorted this issue using firefistfury's method here:

Originally posted by xXDeepuXx View Post
Is anyone else having trouble with the dead space 3 saves. I'm trying to use the save that gives you max resources and max money at the start but i cant get it to work. the first time i tries it restarted and had graphic issues and the second time it didn't give me the resources. I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me what to do.

My save

The saves im trying to use:
or
You must login or register to view this content. ----- This one is Xghostsx

Edit: i got it use firefistfury's method.

Please PM him or search for firefistfury's post so I can update the Opening Post with the fix. I DO NOT OWN DS3 SO I CANT TEST IT!!

(Q) I still can't get it to work?! Help!!

(A) Post here and we'll try to sort you out!

__Not Happy or Sad_Not Happy or Sad_-__
Last edited by Smokin420 ; 07-06-2014 at 05:03 AM.

The following 39 users say thank you to Smokin420 for this useful post:

/SneakerStreet/, aby, AgentXa1, bigburt82, biker4033, bmo-beats, ChrisBalrog, chupalosky, CODHoster1337_, CYKApower, drexyl, Elduder, Esrtrocorn, First Blood, Forgive, Gabberhard, Gian_, Harlem Shake, I Am AnOnyMoUs, iiAceHD, Iseppina, JPClyde, Khemz, KRODERICH, mapoitevin, mathilda, mikesean, Mr Grumpy, MTZ_956, Nknights23, sephyroth89, smushpie, Spongebob., Sys, Uncle_Bryn, Westers, xSoulEdge, Yuki_240sx, zajtonglis
02-17-2013, 01:42 PM #20
Smokin420
Used2B Kelston813
Originally posted by Hickey View Post
took me two days to get this to work, the day after you post a tut haha, all along my keys were wrong i copied them from someones youtube post

Lol me too, I finally realised there were - and a ? in my keys Happy

Originally posted by Waky View Post
What exactly do you search to find the keys?

Read the post you quoted bro, haha 'Enter game name disk hash keys' into a search engine. More specifically it will probably redirect you to ps3devwiki which updates there hash keys archive daily.
02-17-2013, 01:57 PM #21
I found an updated games.conf

02-17-2013, 03:02 PM #22
Hickey
League Champion
Originally posted by Smokin420 View Post

exact same as mine, i dont load the icon like you say i just simply load the .sfo in there press my profile and reload, but i havent done a save thats a different region yet
02-17-2013, 03:35 PM #23
Smokin420
Used2B Kelston813
Originally posted by Hickey View Post
exact same as mine, i dont load the icon like you say i just simply load the .sfo in there press my profile and reload, but i havent done a save thats a different region yet

Ahh ic, yeah i think its mandatory for region swapping, not sure but oh well. Thanks for reminding me, I might add to OP that you can resign all contents of a save not just the .sfo if people are still getting corrupt message this will def fix it
02-17-2013, 06:39 PM #24
I hope this stays up...last time I posted about it it was vaporized into thin air.

I solely use it...I hope the view on it is becoming more lax and the community gets back to its roots.
02-17-2013, 08:34 PM #25
Waky
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Smokin420 View Post

Read the post you quoted bro, haha 'Enter game name disk hash keys' into a search engine. More specifically it will probably redirect you to ps3devwiki which updates there hash keys archive daily.

Can you link me the archive please?
02-17-2013, 08:55 PM #26
desmayer
Do a barrel roll!
For the gams.config file I use BruteForce to download the latest database then copy it across to the correct folder. Works like a charm!! Happy
02-18-2013, 01:16 AM #27
chupalosky
Do a barrel roll!
I want to know that this bone is like having Xploder true?, I mean they say Xploder issues of saved could be used with this true? who takes that doubt me, not if I explain well. greetings.
02-18-2013, 03:06 AM #28
Duzkuh♥
Do a barrel roll!
Nice tut man Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo