07-07-2010, 02:00 AM #1
battman411
Grey Beard
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Please post any "theories" on MW2 hacks in this thread. If you are confident enough that your theory is new then you must be willing to check every theory in this thread to make sure you are not just rehashing old info. Please post your theory in the title if at all possible. This will make it easier for people to sort through. Meaning use "Hack with RFOM" as the title instead of "new way to hack" as the title. Hopefully this helps everyone and makes life a lot easier for all involved. Thanks to DesmondS95 for getting my attention on this.
Last edited by battman411 ; 07-24-2010 at 04:35 PM.

The following 7 users say thank you to battman411 for this useful post:

beastly12, driftkdd, exTacy Angel, FourzerotwoFAILS, Grandad Trotter, ibombo, PUDDIN_BOLLOX
08-31-2010, 11:33 AM #776
chavman69
MW2 Junkie
i know that people say it has nothing to do with hdd decrypt but what if u decrypt one hardrive and put custom codes in it and one with orignal patch and loaded into mw and went to mp and switched the hdd with the edited hdd i dont know if anyone has tested this i dont have low enougth firmware or 2 hdd to try just a thorey Eek
problery miles away from anything lol Eek
08-31-2010, 02:50 PM #777
benzy
Little One
Okay so you know all about the PS3 JailBreak and its function to BackUp Games to either internal or external Hardrive ...

So i got information from someone (cant say who sorry) that it is easy to get the BackUp from MW2 on to the computer.
Okay now you will not find the patch_mp.ff in there but you will find the .self in this .self file you can find the .ff which but its hard and you will need to know C++ to find the patch out of the .self. .self which is basically the same as xex or what ever its called on xbox somebody posted about similarity before.

Okay lets say someone managed to get to this stage and edited the patch_mp.ff like they wanted the hard thing is getting it online
The PS3 JailBreak blocks ALL firmware and patches so simple no PSN no online gaming till the stick is taken out but then you wouldnt be able to load the backup on the PS3 without the BackUp manager so you might need 2 ps3 and away to get the backup from 1 ps3 to another or i dont know yet lol, okay i am currently re searching more about the jailbreak it self.

.: Pictures Of Conversation :.
(names have been removed )

Thanks for your time if you have any questions contact me feel free to thank me and rep+ me if you want

had this posted on its own but someone had to close it Angry so i cbf to put pics in again and i dont care if they dont show up or if they do pm me for proof and if i say no name then its no name !!!

this i believe is the one of the best ways to getting mods on mw2 on ps3 the guys name i cant name has had his lobby up with a complete diffrent method how ever he was telling me about this method or theory
Last edited by benzy ; 08-31-2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: none ur business
08-31-2010, 08:54 PM #778
Flipk
Keeper
Originally posted by chavman69 View Post
i know that people say it has nothing to do with hdd decrypt but what if u decrypt one hardrive and put custom codes in it and one with orignal patch and loaded into mw and went to mp and switched the hdd with the edited hdd i dont know if anyone has tested this i dont have low enougth firmware or 2 hdd to try just a thorey Eek
problery miles away from anything lol Eek

I was under the assumption the decryping thing was rubbish, you cant use a ps3 hdd in a different console it prompts for a format if you try.

My mates console died and we tried swapping the HDD into mine but it just told us we needed to format.
09-01-2010, 09:36 AM #779
chavman69
MW2 Junkie
Originally posted by Flipk View Post
I was under the assumption the decryping thing was rubbish, you cant use a ps3 hdd in a different console it prompts for a format if you try.

My mates console died and we tried swapping the HDD into mine but it just told us we needed to format.

yea but u would only be using hdd that had been formated in your own ps3 use one for decypt and one u got 1.11 normal patch and switch hdd when u get into muiltiplayer to the edited one
09-01-2010, 09:41 AM #780
8======D----
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by xxTPOWxx View Post
Well heres my thoughts on it. I think its safe to assume from the hundreds of posts ive read , so just here me out. Maybe unknown and Hunter are using a bridged connection from pc to ps3 which would indicate why they have a good connection and everone else is laggy. And editting packets then using a packet injector to send them to the server. Tell me if thats not plausible?

This could only work, if LAN Party is used, and pc and PS3 connection are used on the same LAN, could be true, need mw2 for pc for FULL results
09-01-2010, 09:43 AM #781
Drank
Feelin' Fine.
I haz theory.. Youtube COD4 Wii hack..
And look at the method.. with the .bin files..
could be an exploit in that? If it is with wii could be with playstation.. Lets just say this...
I Didn't even THINK Wii could be modded ( its basically a Wii JTAG)

heres the video if your lazy to look it up Or using the wrong tags..
"https://www.youtube.com/v/9o6NiKqNyoI?fs"

If you guys think That i should make a thread on this tell me.

Also look it looks like hunters/ unknowns lobbies eh?
Last edited by Drank ; 09-01-2010 at 09:46 AM.
09-02-2010, 02:03 AM #782
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Originally posted by Kaos
1.Inject mp_patch.self through the exploit (I think it is Team Ice don't quote me)
2. Set up proxy to block update from IW servers (or emulate it) but still get it varified somehow
3. Test online
4. Profit

You can bypass the default_mp.self btw... just have to research. Read my thread about it "Default_mp.self and Default_mp.xex files"
09-02-2010, 03:01 AM #783
Devz-x
Banned
Ive got an idea can someone tell me if its even possible.
We could try and trick our ps3 into thinking theres a patch 1.12
so that it downloads and installs but still runs on the servers on patch 1.11
just a thought lmao Smile
09-02-2010, 03:44 AM #784
It is possible they used this, it is not the JTAG on the MAINBOARD

You must login or register to view this content.

You must login or register to view this content.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo