07-16-2008, 03:10 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); First off let me say I am sorry if this is in the wrong spot. Ok the other day I was playing with my friends in some domination on CoD 4. When the game was over it showed everones score like normal and when it went to go back to the game lobby it froze...Ok so I restarted my PS3 and it wouldn't read the disk. Then I put in another disk and then switched back to CoD 4 and it worked. So then I got on. Right when I got on it froze withing minutes of getting on...So I turned it off and just waited till later. I thought maybe it would be a good idea to just try to restore the PS3 deleting everything on it. Well 5 and a half hours later, It still didn't work. It will read the disk for a little bit then just freeze. Sometimes it will just start the disk then same "start opperation could not be performed" or something like that and it said some kind of error. So I tried a diffrent PS3 game (Assassin's Creed) and it did the same thing saying it couldn't start the disk. After fooling with it more with CoD trying to get it to work, I tried a PS2 game. I played MNCHappyub Eddition Remix. It worked fine with no problems and no freezing. Then I tried the CoD and same thing happend. It isn't the disk cause my disk played on my friends system. I concluded that I think it is the Blu-Ray disk reader. I could be wrong cause I don't know anything about this, but if you have experienced this and could help me then pleaseeeeeeeeee post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need major help quick. So start posting!!!!!
07-16-2008, 06:14 AM #11
Originally posted by SmokinAce View Post
you know what I'll look for the number now and if I find it I'll let you know

Ok thanks I'll rep you for trying to help me.
07-16-2008, 06:15 AM #12
Surikizu
GUMI fanboy
here this might b useful 18003457669 - Scea i keep every manual i get LoL
07-16-2008, 06:17 AM #13
Ok I'll keep this number and compare it to the one that SmokingAce gives me and try both if they are diffrent.
07-16-2008, 06:18 AM #14
SmokinAce
Gym leader
Originally posted by Brodyf11 View Post
Ok thanks I'll rep you for trying to help me.
ok I got the customer contact call its 1-877-971-7669 that should be it
07-16-2008, 06:19 AM #15
Originally posted by SmokinAce View Post
ok I got the customer contact call its 1-877-971-7669 that should be it

Ok thanks I really appreciate both of you helping me out. I will get on this first thing tommorow as I need some sleep. Talk to you guys later.
07-16-2008, 08:25 AM #16
Oneinfamous
Former Staff
this same thing happend to my friend he had to call sony they told him to like format his ps3 it took 4ever that didnt work so he called back and he had to ship his ps3 to sony that took 1 week to get the box to ship it 1 week to ship to sony and sony sent him a new ps3 that also took a week
07-16-2008, 09:41 PM #17
RICHIE209
March 6, 2011.
go to the os website and write to them they reply fast and its n actuall person
07-17-2008, 05:26 AM #18
Originally posted by firegt View Post
this same thing happend to my friend he had to call sony they told him to like format his ps3 it took 4ever that didnt work so he called back and he had to ship his ps3 to sony that took 1 week to get the box to ship it 1 week to ship to sony and sony sent him a new ps3 that also took a week

So did he have a waranty on it or do they just replace it if this happens. And if you could get the number he called for me that would be very apreciated cause the two numbers posted are diffrent so one has to be wrong. Plz help me with this. Also if he had to send the PS3 with money or what?
07-21-2008, 11:20 AM #19
Antones
Blood of Innocence
Same thing happend to me! good job my ps3 had 3 years insurance on it, but nah its happend to me before. I went to play cod then it woudnt read the discs

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo