12-10-2011, 10:41 PM #1
OneWound
I am error
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); My question, what would be the best thermal compound to use to fix a ylod'd ps3?( have fixed it before, want best compound atm)
12-11-2011, 01:16 AM #2
shmaffle
Pokemon Trainer
i heard arctic silver is the best but i dont think you can fix ylod by just replacing the thermal compound

The following 2 users say thank you to shmaffle for this useful post:

Big Poppa Bren, Wretch 32
12-11-2011, 01:58 AM #3
wardy
[move]Smilies bk plz[/move]
Originally posted by OneWound View Post
My question, what would be the best thermal compound to use to fix a ylod'd ps3?( have fixed it before, want best compound atm)

I used arctic silver 5 to fix mine, it worked for about 2 months then happened again
12-11-2011, 04:45 PM #4
Arctic Silver 5.

Be sure to use liquid flux. Without it, your wasting your time.
12-11-2011, 04:53 PM #5
JokerLol
Climbing up the ladder
Your wondering why it only lasts around 2 months, its because you have reflowed it
Reflowed motherboards can last anywhere upto 2 years or as little as 2 weeks, there isnt anything you can do about it except apply new thermal compund evrytime it breaks.
Your best bet is to buy a 2nd hand motherboard that hasnt been faulty before or a completely new console.
12-11-2011, 05:32 PM #6
OneWound
I am error
I don't mind reflowing it, and I will NOT replace it(as it is my 3.55 jb) but does it harm it to reflow it every couple months or weeks or whatev?

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Originally posted by shmaffle View Post
i heard arctic silver is the best but i dont think you can fix ylod by just replacing the thermal compound

I know that, I was hoping that if i buy the best there is out there, I won't have to replace it as often.
12-11-2011, 08:12 PM #7
awluiz
Haxor!
well, at least now i can see how to fix my ps3 if it ever gets the YLOD. *Knocks on Wood*

The following user thanked awluiz for this useful post:

Big Poppa Bren
12-11-2011, 08:43 PM #8
Big Poppa Bren
Treasure hunter
i repair ps3 as a second job, with pro machine. 200+ ps3's repaired, just started trading the service on ebay. and i gave a warranty item number is 250951265181
my seller name ps3_repairs
12-11-2011, 10:20 PM #9
FoxkaZ
Retired Super
Originally posted by OneWound View Post
My question, what would be the best thermal compound to use to fix a ylod'd ps3?( have fixed it before, want best compound atm)

Moved to the correct section.:y:
12-11-2011, 11:15 PM #10
until u get to reballing - reflowing = theres may still hope... common mistakes people usually make
forgetting to pull the little battery off the board & hearing a pop
not assembling the (ground) screw properly
marshmallowing the board
not resting the board
using the wrong thermal compound that ends up being too thin/thick or too sticky it pulls the gpu off the board the next time you try to get to it (usually leads to reballing if its salvageable)
ive fixed a couple from people whove tried there own DIYs but im with you, reflowings a much cheaper option then buying new, squeeze the life out of it

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo