Post: Xploder Request- how to downgrade your gamesaves to a lower firmware
06-03-2017, 12:17 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Updating this tutorial as save wizard now supports 4.70. This is strictly only be for xploder resigning tool. The purpose of this is to gather gamesaves that are on the lower firmware than 4.50 or 4.70 because both those firmware add an encryption to gamesaves that are copied via USB method. This tutorial is aimed to bypass that encryption however only a small percentage of you guys are going to be able to use this due to the requirements. I asked that for those that can do this to either contact me or leave a message below so that we can gather a save collection and send off to xploder.
I'll test them out as well.

Method requires Two PS4 and and the account you want to mod saves need to have PS+
PS4 that's on FW 4.70 needs to Upload game save to the online cloud storage (that's why PS+ is needed)

If you have a console on PS4 4.5X or below use PSProxy method You must login or register to view this content. so that you can sign-on to PSN

So once you set up the proxy, login the console thats on fw below 4.5x.
Next youll want to go to the cloud and download those saves onto that console
Copy those gamesaves onto a USB thumb drive, because you are on a firmware below 4.5x no encryption is added to those game saves.

That's it. Like I mentioned, this method works because Sony, once again, only added the new save encryption to the USB copying process. It isn't applied VIA cloud uploading/downloading

PLEASE UPLOAD UR GAMESAVES once they get copied over onto the firmware below 4.5X (so 3.XX). So if you upload a 4.70 VIA cloud onto a 3.55 console, copy tyhat save to a USB and upload it somewhere, send it to Xploder

This Will help Xploder out A LOT for their Save Resigning.

Even though xploder has already confirmed support for 4.50 and 4.70 in a later release it would still help them a lot as it is the saves they are most requesting.

For those that don't have the xploder tool from what I understand helping them out will net you a free copy in a year subscription. Don't quote me on that exactly it's just what I've read
Last edited by Nitrowolf2 ; 06-06-2017 at 05:26 PM.

The following user thanked Nitrowolf2 for this useful post:

neoar
06-03-2017, 04:32 AM #2
neoar
Space Ninja
Originally posted by Nitrowolf2 View Post
Very quick guide on how to modify gamesaves from consoles on 4.70 with Save Wizard. This is technically a bypass of the encryption process that Sony added in the latest firmware (and 4.5X)

Method requires Two PS4 and PS+
PS4 4.70 Upload game to the online cloud storage
PS4 4.5X or below uses PSProxy method You must login or register to view this content.
Download saves onto console and copy to USB, to encryption is done so the save is compatible with different firmwares

Copy saves to USB drive
Apply cheats with save wizard
Eject USB stick and plug it into the 4.70 Console.
Copy Modded Game Saves.

That it. Like I mentioned, this method works because Sony, once again, only added the new save encryption to the USB copying process. It isn't applied VIA cloud uploading/downloading

Save Wizard just added Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 collection and I tested this method out. Works like a charm, though it is very limited to people.

HOWEVER, you guys who have PS4 below 4.5X and can do this method, PLEASE UPLOAD UR GAMESAVES once they get copied over onto the firmware below 4.5X (so 3.XX). So if you upload a 4.70 VIA cloud onto a 3.55 console, copy tyhat save to a USB and upload it somewhere, send it to Xploder

This Will help Xploder out A LOT for their Save Resigning

is this Proxy method safe it wont get account blocked
06-04-2017, 10:27 PM #3
this isnt making sense
06-04-2017, 10:30 PM #4
MFC_WC
Do a barrel roll!
what about japanese proxy
06-04-2017, 11:09 PM #5
Originally posted by shythegodchild View Post
this isnt making sense

I reworded some of the steps to be more clear, what portion isn't making sense though (read the updated Tut first)
06-04-2017, 11:23 PM #6
Originally posted by WC View Post
what about japanese proxy

that would be a question for the other thread :(
06-05-2017, 01:48 AM #7
haitianxu
我是馬甲我怕誰?
Does PSProxy work for Canada? In any case I'm not going to invest in a second PS4. Sticking with offline gaming for the time being until they find a solution.
06-05-2017, 02:51 AM #8
manabyte77
Little One
Nitro, PM me when you get a chance.
06-05-2017, 09:36 AM #9
Why didn't I see this before? Yesterday updated 2 console to 4.70
06-06-2017, 02:25 PM #10
Kyoshiro
< ^ > < ^ >
This may as well be defunct, until another update comes out lol. SW now fully supports OFW 4.70.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo