Post: Xploder Request- how to downgrade your gamesaves to a lower firmware
06-03-2017, 12:17 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Updating this tutorial as save wizard now supports 4.70. This is strictly only be for xploder resigning tool. The purpose of this is to gather gamesaves that are on the lower firmware than 4.50 or 4.70 because both those firmware add an encryption to gamesaves that are copied via USB method. This tutorial is aimed to bypass that encryption however only a small percentage of you guys are going to be able to use this due to the requirements. I asked that for those that can do this to either contact me or leave a message below so that we can gather a save collection and send off to xploder.
I'll test them out as well.

Method requires Two PS4 and and the account you want to mod saves need to have PS+
PS4 that's on FW 4.70 needs to Upload game save to the online cloud storage (that's why PS+ is needed)

If you have a console on PS4 4.5X or below use PSProxy method You must login or register to view this content. so that you can sign-on to PSN

So once you set up the proxy, login the console thats on fw below 4.5x.
Next youll want to go to the cloud and download those saves onto that console
Copy those gamesaves onto a USB thumb drive, because you are on a firmware below 4.5x no encryption is added to those game saves.

That's it. Like I mentioned, this method works because Sony, once again, only added the new save encryption to the USB copying process. It isn't applied VIA cloud uploading/downloading

PLEASE UPLOAD UR GAMESAVES once they get copied over onto the firmware below 4.5X (so 3.XX). So if you upload a 4.70 VIA cloud onto a 3.55 console, copy tyhat save to a USB and upload it somewhere, send it to Xploder

This Will help Xploder out A LOT for their Save Resigning.

Even though xploder has already confirmed support for 4.50 and 4.70 in a later release it would still help them a lot as it is the saves they are most requesting.

For those that don't have the xploder tool from what I understand helping them out will net you a free copy in a year subscription. Don't quote me on that exactly it's just what I've read
Last edited by Nitrowolf2 ; 06-06-2017 at 05:26 PM.

The following user thanked Nitrowolf2 for this useful post:

neoar
06-06-2017, 04:50 PM #11
Originally posted by Kyoshiro View Post
This may as well be defunct, until another update comes out lol. SW now fully supports OFW 4.70.

I thought about closing the thread however a few users have contacted me that are on Lower firmware. I'm going to keep this thread for the sake of reaching out to people who can submit xploder saves with this method. As it currently stands saves on 4.50 and 4.70 are not compatible with the pre beta.

This method in theory should make them compatible or at least should help xploder out

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo