03-04-2013, 03:24 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); What are the chances of PS4 being jailbroken? Will sony tie their security around ECDSA? Just been wondering
03-21-2013, 06:51 AM #56
NSV
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by TheDarkGamerzz View Post
if there jb there will probily be a cfw

Epic Facepalm.
03-21-2013, 07:20 AM #57
FiNal_EleMeNt
Bounty hunter
dont waste your money/time on it. alot of bitching and crying if something goes wrong when trying to jailbreak. who to blame? sony? who to call? sony?

if u cant do the time, dont do the crime.
03-21-2013, 10:38 AM #58
xLew--
Former Staff
is this thread not dead yet, i hate seeing it in the top posts. personally i hope it doesnt ever come out for ps4 or if it does it doesnt affect anyone else. i want ps4 to be the console everyone wants! and not shy away from because of jailbreaks or what ever they will call it this time

The following user thanked xLew-- for this useful post:

TheGreatestSyn
03-21-2013, 03:21 PM #59
iTruceFret
[move]From now on, call me DRAGON.[/move]
Originally posted by Mr.
Is there a CFW for 4.00 or Higher? No, I think Sony Shit themselves when GeoH0t did his thing. So there gotten much more cracked down on sercurity.

Technically, yes. There are custom firmwares for 4.21, 4.30. :dumb:

What you meant to say was, 'Are there jailbreaks for 3.56 and higher.'

And to top off this conclusion of this entire thread for everyone else, it will have a look in to. Devs around the world are going to be interested in this device, and seeing what gaming technology has come to. Everything gets leaked because people want their e-fame. As far as hacking the console goes, I don't want to see this magnificent system modified to shit. Most of you are simply "hoping for a jailbreak, or an exploit to cheat on Call Of Duty games." And I quoted myself on that, because about 95% of you do. I like the freedom to be able to back up games. Multiman is one, if not THE, greatest modifications ever built for the PS3. Things were taken out of context, Modern Warfare 2 exploded, and all of the kids latched on to this system like a baby with a blanket hoping for more "leet hacks."

The PS4 is directed at the gaming developers to create vast games for the users. Not to cheat, and ruin the shit later. If it is exploited, I hope they have a way to install hot fixes while the system runs, and the player will never know.
03-22-2013, 03:29 AM #60
Phobia
Little One
Originally posted by JP View Post
If the PS4 gets jailbroken I will lose all faith in humanity. People need to just game like normal.

I will say, I dont think the little 12 yr olds should have a jailbroken console. But for dev's and experienced users, they should be allowed to have a CFW, we wont use it to cheat on every online game ever, I for one stay offline with my CFW PERIOD

---------- Post added at 03:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 AM ----------

Originally posted by Diamond
Geohot will find a way, and he May or may not release it because of the previous lawsuit, but he may let someone else release, or he will release it anonymously release it himself?

No trying to be a asshole, but your a smart cookie, aren't you. MAYBE if people pay Geohot all the money he will need for fines against him, each at 10k I think it was, its not that he cant just release it, he can never tamper with a sony product at all, he cannot take them apart, nothing of the sort.
03-22-2013, 03:29 AM #61
Phobia
Little One
Originally posted by Diamond
Geohot will find a way, and he May or may not release it because of the previous lawsuit, but he may let someone else release, or he will release it anonymously release it himself?

Not trying to be a asshole, but your a smart cookie, aren't you. MAYBE if people pay Geohot all the money he will need for fines against him, each at 10k I think it was, its not that he cant just release it, he can never tamper with a sony product at all, he cannot take them apart, nothing of the sort.
Last edited by Phobia ; 03-22-2013 at 03:33 AM.
03-22-2013, 04:40 AM #62
Bichote
Former Staff
The PS4 Secure will be strong but Geohot will be back LOL
03-22-2013, 10:47 PM #63
Well, after reading mostly everything, alongside the fact that the PS4 will be using x86 architecture, I have little doubt it will go down, and relatively quickly at that. Even if that isn't possible its very likely that someway something will come out to allow Windows or some such OS to install onto it. If the PS4 price is within expectation, 400~500 That's a pretty good price for a PC.

Encryption is fun and all but even now on the PS3 scene people are getting around it, albeit with keys, but they were extracted from hardware (Yes with the "help" of linux)

Computers are complicated systems but in the end of the day its all 1's and 0's whatever happens, happens but I don't doubt that the PS4 will be jailbroken.
03-22-2013, 11:27 PM #64
Werewolf
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Dannie
I highly doubt there will ever be a jailbreak for the PS4. And if there was jailbreak I would throw my PS4 out the window and buy xbox.
Cause in my opinion I don't wanna see another sony device jailbroken. For once I wanna play a console that is not hackable. Also the only reason I doubt it it's because Geohot will never touch a sony product. Meaning no jailbreak, also if anyone dears to jailbreak it they will get sued by sony, nobody will have the balls to realease a jailbreak if there ever was one in the near future.

I don't get how they got so butthurt. That's like going to Subway and asking for lettuce on a bacon, chicken, ranch sandwich. You're (we) just making it better. Sony should let those who want to do whatever the hell they please with what they pay for. I didn't pay $300 just to sit around and not discover new things.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo