03-04-2013, 03:24 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); What are the chances of PS4 being jailbroken? Will sony tie their security around ECDSA? Just been wondering
03-26-2013, 04:12 PM #74
Josh_ox3
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by Dannie
I never said geohot was the best, I only said he was the only one on jailbreaking it.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Not saying, just stating that it wont be exploited like the ps3 did.
Sure you got a point on the paying 300$ to discover new things, I can't disagree with that.

Originally posted by another user
Also the only reason I doubt it it's because Geohot will never touch a sony product.

^ You basically did.
03-26-2013, 11:18 PM #75
DinoFreak
I'm le back
Originally posted by ox3 View Post
^ You basically did.

Dude, I am not saying Geohot is the best hacker out there, just saying that he was the one on jailbreaking the ps3, Ugh.
03-27-2013, 12:42 AM #76
xShadow
Pr0n ftw
I never said geohot was the best, I only said he was the only one on jailbreaking it.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Not saying, just stating that it wont be exploited like the ps3 did.
Sure you got a point on the paying 300$ to discover new things, I can't disagree with that.

:dumb: If it wasn't for fail0verflow finding the exploit geohot would have never released the jailbreak...
OP: If we can't find or get anyone to release a jailbreak for PS3 now, it won't happen for PS4, and just because sony will sue anyone who releases such a thing doesn't mean it won't happen, remember you can always walk into a library with an usb flash drive... It's all about staying anonymous.
Last edited by xShadow ; 03-27-2013 at 12:48 AM.
03-27-2013, 01:24 AM #77
Originally posted by Killer1478 View Post
Well, after reading mostly everything, alongside the fact that the PS4 will be using x86 architecture, I have little doubt it will go down, and relatively quickly at that. Even if that isn't possible its very likely that someway something will come out to allow Windows or some such OS to install onto it. If the PS4 price is within expectation, 400~500 That's a pretty good price for a PC.

Encryption is fun and all but even now on the PS3 scene people are getting around it, albeit with keys, but they were extracted from hardware (Yes with the "help" of linux)

Computers are complicated systems but in the end of the day its all 1's and 0's whatever happens, happens but I don't doubt that the PS4 will be jailbroken.

yea, dont expect cfw on ps4 the day it comes out, give it time and people will probably find a way somehow
03-27-2013, 05:43 AM #78
xHeAVeN
I♥NGU
You act like GeoHot is the only person who can jailbreak shit Lmao!
03-27-2013, 11:07 PM #79
Originally posted by 23 View Post
What are the chances of PS4 being jailbroken? Will sony tie their security around ECDSA? Just been wondering

When ps2 was moded we all said ohh ps3 will never be jailbroken ? what happend legend geohots came along Smile
now we are saying ps4 wont be jailbroken :( some other legend will come along Smile will take a good while but i think it will happen Smile

DONT HATE ME. i get scared Winky Winky
03-27-2013, 11:46 PM #80
matt12
Keeper
I highly doubt there will ever be a jailbreak for the PS4. And if there was jailbreak I would throw my PS4 out the window and buy xbox.
Cause in my opinion I don't wanna see another sony device jailbroken. For once I wanna play a console that is not hackable. Also the only reason I doubt it it's because Geohot will never touch a sony product. Meaning no jailbreak, also if anyone dears to jailbreak it they will get sued by sony, nobody will have the balls to realease a jailbreak if there ever was one in the near future.

just saying you'll get sued but you'll win bc your not doing anything thats not legal todo unless your downloading priated games or stuff like that
03-28-2013, 12:21 AM #81
AlabamaHit
ROLL TIDE!!!
Originally posted by xShadow View Post
:dumb: If it wasn't for fail0verflow finding the exploit geohot would have never released the jailbreak...
OP: If we can't find or get anyone to release a jailbreak for PS3 now, it won't happen for PS4, and just because sony will sue anyone who releases such a thing doesn't mean it won't happen, remember you can always walk into a library with an usb flash drive... It's all about staying anonymous.

THANK YOU!!! Finally someone that actually remembers that GeoHot only was able to do what he did because fail0verFlow.

I seriously was getting sick of reading this thread until I seen your post, because everyone was like "GeoHot" "geoHot". The dude did a good thing, but he would have never did it if it wasn't for "Someone Elses" hack

To everyone, the ps3 is only called "Jailbroken" because of GeoHot. And he is the creator of "jailbreaking" that is what he calls his mods. If anyone else in the world wouuld have released before the super e-EGO GeoHot it would have just been called "Modded". lol.

The following user thanked AlabamaHit for this useful post:

justeve
03-28-2013, 12:24 AM #82
IVisionsI
IM WHITE
Originally posted by 23 View Post
What are the chances of PS4 being jailbroken? Will sony tie their security around ECDSA? Just been wondering

im guessing there will be one cfw for it then you will just have to buy the ones that have already been jailbroken

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo