05-22-2013, 04:35 PM #1
nay1995
The Master
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); After the show yesterday from Xbox, i thought i'd post on what i thought so far with the information given.

Lets start of with the Xbox event yesterday, in my opinion the event was a let down, not many games were shown and the actual features of the new Xbox don't seem to be new they just seem to be updated which was a let down, a new generation of consoles so mean something new software wise... no? i made my mind up months ago what console i was going to buy, but i was looking forward to Xbox's event and what they had in store for us, the controller is the same and the leading designer stated that it was 15% quicker which i think was just a made up number due to the way he acted before stating this fact. The new Xbox is set to give you the new kinect with the Xbox, kinect seems to control your whole system through physical movement or speech, in my opinion this is really a feature that isn't needed as i can navigate with a controller, but everyone has their own opinions.

Lets move on to Sony's event, Sony's event was a little disappointing to fans as the console wasn't shown but i guess this makes it more interesting and keeps us fans on our toes. Sony showed the new controller and system specs. The new 'Awesome faceual-shock 4' controller looks quite cool and offers a lot with the touch screen in the center of the controller to developers. The new features on the controller also tickled my belly (Smile) , the new controller allows the user to share recorded game-play to the social media world, this game-play is recorded by the system and the PS4 offers an in console editing system which just sound fantastic, maybe they will incorporate Sony Vegas in the new system?

Anyway enough of the new controller now onto the games displayed. The Xbox event was also a let down on the games front, they showed a simple game where a boat seem'd to crash into a bridge and that was it, it was rather strange and didn't show to much. EA was also at the event, EA have know become apart of the new Xbox one with exclusive DLC only going to Xbox on big games such as 'FIFA' which rather annoyed me, it seems like Xbox have to buy there ways into fans hearts and it just annoys me to be honest, it ruins the experience for PlayStation users. Anyway another game showed at the Xbox event was 'Call of Duty Ghosts' , now i do like call of duty games, but over the years they have gone down hill, i hope this isn't another one of those, but again for this game Xbox have also renewed their contract with Activision and they also get the DLC early on the next gen call of duty's. That was really it from Xbox they didn't show really that much and what they did show, well they didn't show enough.

Slowly moving onto what games were announced at PlayStation's event, the PS4 has some stunning titles coming up such as 'Awesome facerive Club', 'Awesome faceestiny', 'Killzone shadow fall', 'Watch dogs' and many more all of which were shown at Sony's event and we fans got a real feel whats in store for us with epic trailers and game-play also showing of the PS4 graphics etc. Sony really impressed me with there event, even though they didn't release the look of the console all the games shown, the controller and architecture of the console made up for this in my opinion.

Now Lets Move Onto The Specs:

[/b]
Console Optical Drive Game DVR RAM CPU Storage Web Connection Bluetooth A/V Hookups USB Second Screen Cloud Storage Mandatory Game Installs Always Online Connection Backwards Compatibility Motion Control Voice Commands Subscription Fee Live Streaming
PS4[/u] BLU-RAY / DVD Yes 8GB GDDR5 Single-chip x86 AMD “Jaguar” Processor 8 cores Not Announced Ethernet IEEE 802.11 b/g/n Bluetooth 2.1 HDMI Analog (Component RCA) Optical Output with 4K Support USB 3.0 PS Vita Yes Not Announced No No DualShock 4 & PlayStation Eye Not Announced Not Announced Yes
XBOX ONE[/u] BLU-RAY / DVD Yes 8GB GDDR3 8 Core Microsoft Custom CPU 500GB HDD Ethernet WiFi Bluetooth 2.1 (EDR) HDMI Input and Output. Optical Output with 4K Support USB 3.0 Smart Glass Yes Yes Yes No Kinect 2 Yes Not Announced Not Announced

As the table above shows Sony is winning on the specs side of the war, i'm still wondering why Microsoft felt the need to make there system 'Always-Online' i mean that is just a silly decision in my book and another thing that popped up today was that Microsoft are making people pay full price for Pre-owned games (If the game has been registered on one system, and then ran on another, then Microsoft are making people pay for this. What if someones console breaks? they have to purchase the game again...? all these questions yet no answers).

As much as people will call me a "PlayStation fanboy" after this post, i truly believe in what i have said and i am let down by Microsoft even though i wasn't even considering buying there new system, i am still let down on what they have had to offer, hopefully they will show us something at E3 on June the 10th, and for Sony keep going and blow us away at E3 Smile

I hope you enjoyed this article, i took me quite a long time to type, but i have a lot of opinions... tell me what you think.
Last edited by nay1995 ; 06-08-2013 at 08:09 PM.

The following 11 users say thank you to nay1995 for this useful post:

Ansity., Cyberix, Hadenkin, I Love Castle, justsoboss, LucasBara, User23434, Nickolas47, Phobia, Silent Assassin, TheHolyMart
05-22-2013, 06:14 PM #11
xLaXeSx
Do a barrel roll!
fail-box
Last edited by xLaXeSx ; 05-22-2013 at 06:18 PM.
05-22-2013, 06:15 PM #12
Hells
I'm Back...
Originally posted by nay1995 View Post
im with you there i never have purchased one and i dont intend to, i dont see why we should pay for online service when you get the same service for free on PSN.

Because you don't get the same service
05-22-2013, 06:16 PM #13
xLaXeSx
Do a barrel roll!
microsoft did't know that a cable box existence
05-22-2013, 06:33 PM #14
I have always been a Sony owner and i was thinking about getting the new xbox as most my friends currently own the 360 but obviously the next generation is round the corner. And from what i have seen so far PS4 is what im getting i just hope the console looks good unlike the massive black box which you need a shed to store it in (xbox one).

Microsoft is trying to appeal to everyone and the problem is that XBOX 360 was for the hardcore gamers and mircosoft has turned on them in my opinion which was a massive mistake. It seems XBOX is trying to money whore with subscriptions and all these fancy things and win by getting DLC deals but clearly that hasn't worked.

Sony seem to giving what people want which microsoft so far isn't doing so much, and one big flaw with the xbox one is that you got to always be online to play anything so if XBOX was to go down then you can't play your XBOX unless its only connection to the internet and not the XBOX servers im not sure correct me if im wrong.

I can't wait for June the 10th I have faith that sony can make an awesome looking console like they did with the PS3, one other thing i want to mention is security, I hope that both consoles have better fitted security unlike the last Consoles for example the PS3 was not very well done until 3.56 where they patched installing CFW etc.

And hopefully we won't see a CFW for the PS4 as i want to enjoy having fair games for awhile before any mods etc.
05-22-2013, 06:47 PM #15
socia
Gym leader
in my mind they especially struck a deal with EA because of FIFA, most of the players of FIFA are from outside the US and what better way to get people from other countries to buy an XO. most Xbox owners are from the US and probably or most likely will still get XO so they are trying to get a bigger base in other countries. if you cant get your exclusive dlc for your PlayStation then you would want to get the XO.... kinda forcing you to buy it in a way. i stopped buying DLC for COD because of the deal they have with Xbox. i wont support that game anymore.
as to always on-line.... yes it doesn't have to be "always on-line" but always has to check in with daddy once a day. to me whats the difference. either way you have to connect to the internet to call dad and say im a good boy, look i haven't done anything to my system or pirated anything. then hang up until the next day and repeat.
05-22-2013, 08:23 PM #16
xLaXeSx
Do a barrel roll!
You must login or register to view this content.
05-22-2013, 08:58 PM #17
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
If you want to compared both systems you need to be fair in doing so. That is one massive fault with this Article right now also some of the facts are wrong :p
Wifi was stated to be N grade.
Always online was no.
Etc

Anywho " I made my mind up months ago what console I was going to buy" that line pretty much turns it from a article to a opinion post. Nothing xbox was going to show you was going to please you Winky Winky
05-22-2013, 10:01 PM #18
nay1995
The Master
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
If you want to compared both systems you need to be fair in doing so. That is one massive fault with this Article right now also some of the facts are wrong :p
Wifi was stated to be N grade.
Always online was no.
Etc

Anywho " I made my mind up months ago what console I was going to buy" that line pretty much turns it from a article to a opinion post. Nothing xbox was going to show you was going to please you Winky Winky

its a fair point but if you carry on the reading i also say that i made up my mind about what i was going to buy but i was looking forward to see what microsoft had in store, and they really didnt impress me, i see what you mean by a one sided post, but microsoft simply arent impressing me at the moment.
05-22-2013, 10:16 PM #19
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by nay1995 View Post
its a fair point but if you carry on the reading i also say that i made up my mind about what i was going to buy but i was looking forward to see what microsoft had in store, and they really didnt impress me, i see what you mean by a one sided post, but microsoft simply arent impressing me at the moment.

Only thing that has disappointed me is lack of games from both so far.

On the Sony side it the promise with nothing showed working in real time.

On the xbox side it the first party game support from the past. To be fair both are pretty meh but xbox is less meh.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo