06-18-2013, 05:13 AM #1
Fierceknucks
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Alright so I decided I'm going to go ahead and post this rant. I know it's going to generate a lot of trolling, positive and negative comments, and arguments. That being said, let it be known that I absolutely do not care whether or not people agree or disagree with the opinion I am about to state. Furthermore, I certainly will not care about any trolling.

This is in regards to Sony making it mandatory for users to get PS+ in order to play games online. Right off the bat I'm sure you've got an opinion on this matter as well. Feel free to post it, but don't expect me to defend mine. This is simply a rant.

I chose Sony for a reason. That reason is very simple. PSN is free. I'm sure other people like Sony for that reason as well. After all, it's a great fuckin' reason to like something. Obviously PSN being free, and XBL not being free, started a lot of controversy and flame wars between the two major consoles on the market. I always felt that Sony maintained a competitive edge against it's competitor, by offering a free online service in which users could play games. It's what kept me away from other consoles and kept me an exclusive PSN user.

Now, I feel Sony is pulling the rug from under it's users. A bait and switch per se. Now in order to play online on the PS4, users will have to sign up and pay for PS+? WAIT A MINUTE. Really? (Oh and by the way, I didn't just find this out. I've just put off posting this.) I'm sorry but am I missing something here? Why is Sony changing it's standpoint from offering something the competitors couldn't, to do exactly what the competitors are doing, in a damaging way? I personally feel stabbed in the back. I feel let down and disregarded as a consumer of Sony products.

I don't want to continue supporting Sony if it's going to do the things that I hate about its competitors. And I'm probably not going to. Having to pay $50/year for a subscription just to play online is fuckin' bullshit, and I won't stand for it.

Before you go getting on your high horse and attempt to refute my argument in one fell swoop, let me explain a few things. I know exactly what you're thinking. "Well it's only $5-/month!" "There's so many cool things that PS+ offers!" "Sony has to make some profit, this is normal business."

NOPE. Here's the thing. Sure, PS+ is cheap and awesome and is 100% worth it. I will give you that. The problem is that it's not an option now. And what's more is that I can't play online if I don't get it. I understand as much as the next person that corporations need to make a profit and that servers cost money. And I have absolutely zero problem with them charging people for services and making a profit off of them. EXCEPT when they force it on us. Also, I don't want extra features, free games and whatever other bullshit PS+ comes with. I have very specific taste when it comes to games and I know for sure that I won't use 99.9999% of whatever PS+ has to offer. And finally, I don't fucking CARE how cheap it is. I don't care if it's fucking ONE CENT every 20 years. Most people say "oh so you can't afford $5/month? :dumb: :carling: :carling: :carling:". Fuck you. Cost has nothing to do with it. I simply don't think we should be forced to pay for it. And before you say "well you're not forced, you can stick to ps3", that's exactly what I intend to do, dick.

So there's nothing for people who don't want it and don't think we should be forced into having to have it to play online to do but bitch and moan like I'm doing now. And also just not buy the system and stick to ps3. Probably what I'll do. So why post this though? Because if everyone just bends over and accepts this shafting, then things can only get worse. Obviously I won't be able to start some campaign to get Mandatory PS+ overturned, but I at least want some article somewhere on the net so that when some fat cat Sony corporate asshole searches the net, they might come across this and know that one person out there isn't going to be suckered into a forced anal raping just to play games online. I'd rather go play outside.

Thanks. That's all.
Last edited by Fierceknucks ; 06-18-2013 at 06:00 AM.

The following 14 users groaned at Fierceknucks for this awful post:

-Skyline, AyeeLG, Hadenkin, Immaculate., Jerry_, Mezzid, Jango, Phobia, Richard., SilentOne15, SuperGamecube64, U WOT M8, xKtF
06-18-2013, 04:29 PM #11
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by Fierceknucks View Post
How will it get worse? I didn't mean that in terms of service. It'll get worse because once they realize they can charge people for online play, the cost will only go up. And then anything that comes out will be a pay-for product.

Kinda like on disk dlc right?

Currently PSN in general just sucks. I have a 50Megabit /5Megabit connection and somehow still get horrible horrible speeds on their servers when downloading anything. I'd be more then happy to have that $5 go to getting that shit dealt with.
06-18-2013, 04:31 PM #12
SuperGamecube64
ナンバー1任天堂ファン
I dont see how PS+ is a bad thing?.. You pay 40 A year and you get like 3 or 4 free games a month. It's even more benefit if you have a Vita and you only need it on one acc. They releases good games on it too, I really dont see why your hating it?...Just accept the fact they're no charging at least you're getting something back other than just being able to play online.

The following user thanked SuperGamecube64 for this useful post:

06-18-2013, 04:52 PM #13
Alright so I decided I'm going to go ahead and post this rant. I know it's going to generate a lot of trolling, positive and negative comments, and arguments. That being said, let it be known that I absolutely do not care whether or not people agree or disagree with the opinion I am about to state. Furthermore, I certainly will not care about any trolling.

This is in regards to Sony making it mandatory for users to get PS+ in order to play games online. Right off the bat I'm sure you've got an opinion on this matter as well. Feel free to post it, but don't expect me to defend mine. This is simply a rant.

I chose Sony for a reason. That reason is very simple. PSN is free. I'm sure other people like Sony for that reason as well. After all, it's a great fuckin' reason to like something. Obviously PSN being free, and XBL not being free, started a lot of controversy and flame wars between the two major consoles on the market. I always felt that Sony maintained a competitive edge against it's competitor, by offering a free online service in which users could play games. It's what kept me away from other consoles and kept me an exclusive PSN user.

Now, I feel Sony is pulling the rug from under it's users. A bait and switch per se. Now in order to play online on the PS4, users will have to sign up and pay for PS+? WAIT A MINUTE. Really? (Oh and by the way, I didn't just find this out. I've just put off posting this.) I'm sorry but am I missing something here? Why is Sony changing it's standpoint from offering something the competitors couldn't, to do exactly what the competitors are doing, in a damaging way? I personally feel stabbed in the back. I feel let down and disregarded as a consumer of Sony products.

I don't want to continue supporting Sony if it's going to do the things that I hate about its competitors. And I'm probably not going to. Having to pay $50/year for a subscription just to play online is fuckin' bullshit, and I won't stand for it.

Before you go getting on your high horse and attempt to refute my argument in one fell swoop, let me explain a few things. I know exactly what you're thinking. "Well it's only $5-/month!" "There's so many cool things that PS+ offers!" "Sony has to make some profit, this is normal business."

NOPE. Here's the thing. Sure, PS+ is cheap and awesome and is 100% worth it. I will give you that. The problem is that it's not an option now. And what's more is that I can't play online if I don't get it. I understand as much as the next person that corporations need to make a profit and that servers cost money. And I have absolutely zero problem with them charging people for services and making a profit off of them. EXCEPT when they force it on us. Also, I don't want extra features, free games and whatever other bullshit PS+ comes with. I have very specific taste when it comes to games and I know for sure that I won't use 99.9999% of whatever PS+ has to offer. And finally, I don't fucking CARE how cheap it is. I don't care if it's fucking ONE CENT every 20 years. Most people say "oh so you can't afford $5/month? :dumb: :carling: :carling: :carling:". Fuck you. Cost has nothing to do with it. I simply don't think we should be forced to pay for it. And before you say "well you're not forced, you can stick to ps3", that's exactly what I intend to do, dick.

So there's nothing for people who don't want it and don't think we should be forced into having to have it to play online to do but bitch and moan like I'm doing now. And also just not buy the system and stick to ps3. Probably what I'll do. So why post this though? Because if everyone just bends over and accepts this shafting, then things can only get worse. Obviously I won't be able to start some campaign to get Mandatory PS+ overturned, but I at least want some article somewhere on the net so that when some fat cat Sony corporate asshole searches the net, they might come across this and know that one person out there isn't going to be suckered into a forced anal raping just to play games online. I'd rather go play outside.

Thanks. That's all.

I admire your English Language Vocab, did u get like a A* or something? Smile

and im not even trolling or nothing the way you write is insanely good makes me wanna jizz You must login or register to view this content.
06-18-2013, 04:53 PM #14
Originally posted by another user
This is in regards to Sony making it mandatory for users to get PS+ in order to play games online.

Only read that far and I don't want to read the rest so bear that in mind when you read my response.

Response:

I believe Sony have explicitly stated that whether or not a game will require a subscription to P+ to play online is completely at the discretion of the developers, so some games will hopefully have free to play online but Sony games are most certainly going to be behind a pay wall but I don't believe I have any games made by Sony that I currently ever play online.

That's obviously not excusing them from doing this and I'm still very unhappy they have chosen to do so, but at least this service gives you more than xboxlive does.

Right, now onto a different rant about the same area and problems it has with me specifically:

My main reason for disliking the Subscribe to play online model is that it's only really viable to get this service if you play online a lot or play lots of games regularly, both of which I do not do.

I play online fairly infrequently maybe once for 30 minutes a month, I play some cod Zombies for an afternoon every now or then or a couple of matches online then go back to browsing the net or playing an offline game. I'm not paying £5/4 a month to use the online service when I hardly every play online. I also don't want a bunch of free games as a gift to essentially shut me up and make me sound like I'm being entitled. I'm selective about what I play and I pick games up as and when I want them, not when Sony decide to give me games.

I also don't want to be tied to a subscription for a service, essentially being in that bracket of people that play online infrequently Sony have just kind of isolated us and that's what pisses me off the most, to make the £5/4 a month viable I'd have to use it much more and I'm not going to do that.

Aldo people seem to think "But Muh free games" is valid compensation for £5/4 a month. It's not, I don't want a load of free games. I just want to be able to play online as infrequently or frequently as I want without having to get out my fucking credit card and I'm not wasting money on something I don't use. So it's either no online or free online. I'm not paying for it.
Last edited by Madison Taylor ; 06-18-2013 at 05:09 PM.
06-18-2013, 05:20 PM #15
Jango
I love my kitteh
Go to xbox.
06-18-2013, 06:35 PM #16
Fierceknucks
Former Staff
Originally posted by UP View Post
Kinda like on disk dlc right?

Currently PSN in general just sucks. I have a 50Megabit /5Megabit connection and somehow still get horrible horrible speeds on their servers when downloading anything. I'd be more then happy to have that $5 go to getting that shit dealt with.

Again, you misunderstood my post. I'm not saying the SERVICE will get worse.

Originally posted by NintendoFanboy View Post
I dont see how PS+ is a bad thing?.. You pay 40 A year and you get like 3 or 4 free games a month. It's even more benefit if you have a Vita and you only need it on one acc. They releases good games on it too, I really dont see why your hating it?...Just accept the fact they're no charging at least you're getting something back other than just being able to play online.

Another person who didn't understand the point of my post. I clearly stated that I understand that PS+ is cool. I never said it was bad or not worth it. I simply said I don't want to be forced to have to get it in order to play online.

Originally posted by Madison
Only read that far and I don't want to read the rest so bear that in mind when you read my response.

Response:

I believe Sony have explicitly stated that whether or not a game will require a subscription to P+ to play online is completely at the discretion of the developers, so some games will hopefully have free to play online but Sony games are most certainly going to be behind a pay wall but I don't believe I have any games made by Sony that I currently ever play online.

That's obviously not excusing them from doing this and I'm still very unhappy they have chosen to do so, but at least this service gives you more than xboxlive does.

Right, now onto a different rant about the same area and problems it has with me specifically:

My main reason for disliking the Subscribe to play online model is that it's only really viable to get this service if you play online a lot or play lots of games regularly, both of which I do not do.

I play online fairly infrequently maybe once for 30 minutes a month, I play some cod Zombies for an afternoon every now or then or a couple of matches online then go back to browsing the net or playing an offline game. I'm not paying £5/4 a month to use the online service when I hardly every play online. I also don't want a bunch of free games as a gift to essentially shut me up and make me sound like I'm being entitled. I'm selective about what I play and I pick games up as and when I want them, not when Sony decide to give me games.

I also don't want to be tied to a subscription for a service, essentially being in that bracket of people that play online infrequently Sony have just kind of isolated us and that's what pisses me off the most, to make the £5/4 a month viable I'd have to use it much more and I'm not going to do that.

Aldo people seem to think "But Muh free games" is valid compensation for £5/4 a month. It's not, I don't want a load of free games. I just want to be able to play online as infrequently or frequently as I want without having to get out my fucking credit card and I'm not wasting money on something I don't use. So it's either no online or free online. I'm not paying for it.

Finally, someone who understands where I'm coming from.

Originally posted by Jango View Post
Go to xbox.

You're just a fucking moron.

The following user thanked Fierceknucks for this useful post:

F l e x
06-18-2013, 06:46 PM #17
Jango
I love my kitteh
You're just a fucking moron.

Your rant was much to long for me to read. From what I did read though, you were saying the reason you chose ps3 over xbox was the free online. Well, now that it is no longer free you can go to xbox or pc. You said you didn't care how other people responded with and that was my little test to see if you did. Well, you do.

The following user thanked Jango for this useful post:

chiefclueless
06-18-2013, 07:16 PM #18
Your rant was much to long for me to read. From what I did read though, you were saying the reason you chose ps3 over xbox was the free online. Well, now that it is no longer free you can go to xbox or pc. You said you didn't care how other people responded with and that was my little test to see if you did. Well, you do.

Wants free online, your suggestion is to switch to a console that also has paid online.

I was only pretending to be retarded

Great ruse man, 10/10.
06-18-2013, 07:25 PM #19
Default Avatar
Oneup
Again, you misunderstood my post. I'm not saying the SERVICE will get worse.

No sir you misunderstood my post. I was simply saying thats what im hoping the money goes to.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo