06-18-2013, 05:13 AM #1
Fierceknucks
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Alright so I decided I'm going to go ahead and post this rant. I know it's going to generate a lot of trolling, positive and negative comments, and arguments. That being said, let it be known that I absolutely do not care whether or not people agree or disagree with the opinion I am about to state. Furthermore, I certainly will not care about any trolling.

This is in regards to Sony making it mandatory for users to get PS+ in order to play games online. Right off the bat I'm sure you've got an opinion on this matter as well. Feel free to post it, but don't expect me to defend mine. This is simply a rant.

I chose Sony for a reason. That reason is very simple. PSN is free. I'm sure other people like Sony for that reason as well. After all, it's a great fuckin' reason to like something. Obviously PSN being free, and XBL not being free, started a lot of controversy and flame wars between the two major consoles on the market. I always felt that Sony maintained a competitive edge against it's competitor, by offering a free online service in which users could play games. It's what kept me away from other consoles and kept me an exclusive PSN user.

Now, I feel Sony is pulling the rug from under it's users. A bait and switch per se. Now in order to play online on the PS4, users will have to sign up and pay for PS+? WAIT A MINUTE. Really? (Oh and by the way, I didn't just find this out. I've just put off posting this.) I'm sorry but am I missing something here? Why is Sony changing it's standpoint from offering something the competitors couldn't, to do exactly what the competitors are doing, in a damaging way? I personally feel stabbed in the back. I feel let down and disregarded as a consumer of Sony products.

I don't want to continue supporting Sony if it's going to do the things that I hate about its competitors. And I'm probably not going to. Having to pay $50/year for a subscription just to play online is fuckin' bullshit, and I won't stand for it.

Before you go getting on your high horse and attempt to refute my argument in one fell swoop, let me explain a few things. I know exactly what you're thinking. "Well it's only $5-/month!" "There's so many cool things that PS+ offers!" "Sony has to make some profit, this is normal business."

NOPE. Here's the thing. Sure, PS+ is cheap and awesome and is 100% worth it. I will give you that. The problem is that it's not an option now. And what's more is that I can't play online if I don't get it. I understand as much as the next person that corporations need to make a profit and that servers cost money. And I have absolutely zero problem with them charging people for services and making a profit off of them. EXCEPT when they force it on us. Also, I don't want extra features, free games and whatever other bullshit PS+ comes with. I have very specific taste when it comes to games and I know for sure that I won't use 99.9999% of whatever PS+ has to offer. And finally, I don't fucking CARE how cheap it is. I don't care if it's fucking ONE CENT every 20 years. Most people say "oh so you can't afford $5/month? :dumb: :carling: :carling: :carling:". Fuck you. Cost has nothing to do with it. I simply don't think we should be forced to pay for it. And before you say "well you're not forced, you can stick to ps3", that's exactly what I intend to do, dick.

So there's nothing for people who don't want it and don't think we should be forced into having to have it to play online to do but bitch and moan like I'm doing now. And also just not buy the system and stick to ps3. Probably what I'll do. So why post this though? Because if everyone just bends over and accepts this shafting, then things can only get worse. Obviously I won't be able to start some campaign to get Mandatory PS+ overturned, but I at least want some article somewhere on the net so that when some fat cat Sony corporate asshole searches the net, they might come across this and know that one person out there isn't going to be suckered into a forced anal raping just to play games online. I'd rather go play outside.

Thanks. That's all.
Last edited by Fierceknucks ; 06-18-2013 at 06:00 AM.

The following 14 users groaned at Fierceknucks for this awful post:

-Skyline, AyeeLG, Hadenkin, Immaculate., Jerry_, Mezzid, Jango, Phobia, Richard., SilentOne15, SuperGamecube64, U WOT M8, xKtF
06-19-2013, 12:02 PM #38
I read your post all of it and I do understand where you are coming from trust me I was a little annoyed when it was confirmed Sony would make it mandatory to pay for multiplayer online.
I guess it's for mostly servers and improvements if you look at it from a business point of view
But overall wouldn't mind to have it optional.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo