Post: Buy COD on the PS3, get it on the PS4 cheaper, Price revealed
08-21-2013, 08:46 AM #1
xLew--
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Activision have released the price of the PS3 to PS4 upgrade for COD Ghosts, which is something Sony are doing with companies to allow upgrading of games to next-gen cheaper.

Activision today announced further details surrounding Call of Duty®: Ghosts’ participation in Sony’s PS3 to PS4 upgrade programmes.

The upgrade programme is completely optional and allows consumers who purchase Call of Duty: Ghosts on PlayStation ® 3 to upgrade to the PlayStation ® 4 version of the game for a limited time at a suggested retail price of only £10. More details will be shared in the weeks to come.

"Today we’re announcing that anyone who buys Call of Duty: Ghosts for the PS3 will be able to upgrade to Call of Duty: Ghosts for the PS4 for a limited time at a suggested retail price of just 10 dollars, 10 euros or 10 pounds," said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing, Inc. "

We have also previously announced that for a limited time our players will bring all of their Season Pass Content and all of their in-game progress with them within a console family, for no additional charge.

----

So does that mean thats set the price for the PS3 to PS4 upgrade, I think it has, Many other companies will follow on that I'm sure of it! I'm happy with that any more then id be considering waiting.

Thoughts on this?

The following 5 users say thank you to xLew-- for this useful post:

Immaculate., rls1321, Soldier.,
09-06-2013, 11:30 PM #38
frozenking
Do a barrel roll!
they'll make there money back anyway with the shit ton of dlc they release
09-07-2013, 01:09 AM #39
Porter_Justice
Cake is a lie
Not to be cynical. But it's "limited time." How long is that time period? Would I be able to play COD Ghosts or an EA game until say Christmas 2013 and then upgrade fpr $10+ or is that window only for say a couple weeks since PS4 version comes out 10 days after PS3

The following user thanked Porter_Justice for this useful post:

Swifter
09-07-2013, 05:40 AM #40
S3XS
Banned
Originally posted by nawking View Post
activision knew if they didn't do something fast to ease customers uncirtinly they would be fucked buy hey its a sweet deal buy the game on ps3 aand get the second copy on your ps4 for 10 dollars and save 50 seem pretty good to me.

you don't get to keep the PS3 copy at all which sucks ass if you ask me lmao so I for one will be buying two copies one for PS3 Amazon Edition and one for PS4 HE Smile
09-07-2013, 09:03 AM #41
Camacheiro
EA Data Reviewer
For me it actually works cheaper to buy the PS3 version, then pay the extra £10 to upgrade to PS4 than actually just buying the PS4 version...lol.

£29 for PS3 version + £10 to upgrade, compared to the £45 PS4 version of the game....
09-08-2013, 06:44 AM #42
Now we see the confused Microsoft waddling around in the sand box.
09-12-2013, 06:02 PM #43
Killing4love
I am error
It looks cool but will this only work for psn games ?
09-14-2013, 05:15 PM #44
How about other games like GTA V and nfsRivals? If a buy to PS3 can download on PS4?
09-14-2013, 06:42 PM #45
Originally posted by xLew
Activision have released the price of the PS3 to PS4 upgrade for COD Ghosts, which is something Sony are doing with companies to allow upgrading of games to next-gen cheaper.

Activision today announced further details surrounding Call of Duty®: Ghosts’ participation in Sony’s PS3 to PS4 upgrade programmes.

The upgrade programme is completely optional and allows consumers who purchase Call of Duty: Ghosts on PlayStation ® 3 to upgrade to the PlayStation ® 4 version of the game for a limited time at a suggested retail price of only £10. More details will be shared in the weeks to come.

"Today we’re announcing that anyone who buys Call of Duty: Ghosts for the PS3 will be able to upgrade to Call of Duty: Ghosts for the PS4 for a limited time at a suggested retail price of just 10 dollars, 10 euros or 10 pounds," said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing, Inc. "

We have also previously announced that for a limited time our players will bring all of their Season Pass Content and all of their in-game progress with them within a console family, for no additional charge.

----

So does that mean thats set the price for the PS3 to PS4 upgrade, I think it has, Many other companies will follow on that I'm sure of it! I'm happy with that any more then id be considering waiting.

Thoughts on this?

I want to buy cod ghost from the psn market place with hardened now if i do that can i upgrade to the digital copy of the ps4 version ? from the marketplace on ps4 or does that only apply to physical discs and retailers ?
09-14-2013, 06:48 PM #46
TheGreatestSyn
Bounty hunter
Anyone know if i rent ghosts on ps3, and then buy a physical copy of it on ps4 will my stuff carry across?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo