10-31-2013, 08:09 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); With the recent updates telling us that most of the current gen of headsets will NOT be compatible with the PS4, I got to looking and found that unfortunately my PX5s won't be. So I will be buying a new headset around Black Friday/Cyber Monday. I have narrowed it down to my two personal favorites and they are both from turtle beach.

They are:
The PX51 - You must login or register to view this content.
and
The Call of Duty: Ghosts: Phantom - You must login or register to view this content.

I feel like the only reason they jacked the price up on the CoD one is because its "Limited Edition" and has a cool paint job. Looking at the specifications, they only difference is that the Call of Duty one comes with an XBA adapter and I won't need that as i don't own an Xbox.

Only reason I am bringing this to you guys is a simple question. What's your opinion? Preferably between the two headsets but if you have a better suggestion for a next-gen compatible headset I am all ears. My only requirement is that it is wireless. (Yes yes I've heard the arguments for why wired are better and why they aren't. Wireless is a personal preference for me.)
11-01-2013, 02:47 AM #11
Hickey
League Champion
If you can afford t Astor a40 best headset you can get, you sound never get a wireless headset

Sounds are amazing, real comfortable you can wear for hours, comes with mix amp so you can fine tune separate games easily.
11-01-2013, 10:40 AM #12
iTruceFret
[move]From now on, call me DRAGON.[/move]
Originally posted by partypoker15 View Post
With the recent updates telling us that most of the current gen of headsets will NOT be compatible with the PS4, I got to looking and found that unfortunately my PX5s won't be. So I will be buying a new headset around Black Friday/Cyber Monday. I have narrowed it down to my two personal favorites and they are both from turtle beach.

They are:
The PX51 - You must login or register to view this content.
and
The Call of Duty: Ghosts: Phantom - You must login or register to view this content.

I feel like the only reason they jacked the price up on the CoD one is because its "Limited Edition" and has a cool paint job. Looking at the specifications, they only difference is that the Call of Duty one comes with an XBA adapter and I won't need that as i don't own an Xbox.

Only reason I am bringing this to you guys is a simple question. What's your opinion? Preferably between the two headsets but if you have a better suggestion for a next-gen compatible headset I am all ears. My only requirement is that it is wireless. (Yes yes I've heard the arguments for why wired are better and why they aren't. Wireless is a personal preference for me.)

Yeah man based on experience, I've had all of the headsets. Overtime my Turtle Beaches fuck up and I'm left its crackling sound, or the speaker jack jacked up and no sound. I've had maybe three Turtle Beaches and these Sony Wireless ones are still going strong. For $100, those are the best options. I won't be using any Headsets I imagine within the first few days because I'm just going to be playing single player on a few games. But these sonsofbitches I have right now are super durable.
11-01-2013, 11:51 AM #13
I3lackadder
Gym leader
Originally posted by Coqui View Post
You must login or register to view this content.

Happy

This apply only to the A40's because the A50's are wireless and the 1.50 realease day patch only support USB Headsets. And yes the 1.50 update will be released on launch day. Source: You must login or register to view this content.

This just made my day!!!!
11-01-2013, 12:19 PM #14
CzekFTW
I am error
i have the astro mixamp with the siberia v2, and is amazing.

the px51 have the same cost of an astro headset with the difference that px51 is wireless (shit), so imo u need to buy an astro headset
11-01-2013, 12:26 PM #15
Camacheiro
EA Data Reviewer
Glad that my Sharkoon's will work, don't really want to have £150 worth of headset just decorating my desk!
11-01-2013, 05:15 PM #16
xLew--
Former Staff
Why do people hate turtle beaches I've had my px5's for nearly 2 years and they're still perfect, my friend got some the same time and his are fine too! Px21 are cheap/budget ones that do break easily so I can assume most people just rate turtle beaches on them, which is a shame, I'll probably get the px51's next

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
11-01-2013, 05:17 PM #17
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by Coqui View Post
You must login or register to view this content.

Happy

This apply only to the A40's because the A50's are wireless and the 1.50 realease day patch only support USB Headsets. And yes the 1.50 update will be released on launch day. Source: You must login or register to view this content.

Surely that means px5's will work then too as they're wireless?

11-01-2013, 06:53 PM #18
Originally posted by Hickey View Post
If you can afford t Astor a40 best headset you can get, you sound never get a wireless headset

Sounds are amazing, real comfortable you can wear for hours, comes with mix amp so you can fine tune separate games easily.

I'm looking into em. I've had bad experiences with wired headsets and haven't had one problem from my wireless ones.

Originally posted by iTruceFret View Post
Yeah man based on experience, I've had all of the headsets. Overtime my Turtle Beaches fuck up and I'm left its crackling sound, or the speaker jack jacked up and no sound. I've had maybe three Turtle Beaches and these Sony Wireless ones are still going strong. For $100, those are the best options. I won't be using any Headsets I imagine within the first few days because I'm just going to be playing single player on a few games. But these sonsofbitches I have right now are super durable.

For me its the opposite. My Sony ones fucked up but my Turtle Beach ones (nearly 2 years old) haven't had one problem.

Originally posted by CzekFTW View Post
i have the astro mixamp with the siberia v2, and is amazing.

the px51 have the same cost of an astro headset with the difference that px51 is wireless (shit), so imo u need to buy an astro headset

What do you mean wireless ones are shit? I have never had a problem with mine. Once in a while my friend brings his astro a40s and they sound just as good as my PX5s. His have more bass, since the headset doesn't rely on a battery and therefore has more power, but I don't need a whole lot of bass in my headset, I need precise sound.

Originally posted by xLew
Why do people hate turtle beaches I've had my px5's for nearly 2 years and they're still perfect, my friend got some the same time and his are fine too! Px21 are cheap/budget ones that do break easily so I can assume most people just rate turtle beaches on them, which is a shame, I'll probably get the px51's next

Same. I haven't had one problem with my Turtle Beaches. I think its like the console war between Sony and Microsoft. People say that "Turtle Beaches suck!" or "Astro A40s suck!" when they have no basis for it.

Wireless headsets are just a personal preference for me, I don't have anything against them.
11-01-2013, 07:27 PM #19
Kyanon
Little One
Wow i have the same problem. I cant choose between Earforce phantom or px51. I emailed the company and they hive me this. [ATTACH=CONFIG]27763[/ATTACH] and this [ATTACH=CONFIG]27764[/ATTACH]

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo