10-31-2013, 08:09 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); With the recent updates telling us that most of the current gen of headsets will NOT be compatible with the PS4, I got to looking and found that unfortunately my PX5s won't be. So I will be buying a new headset around Black Friday/Cyber Monday. I have narrowed it down to my two personal favorites and they are both from turtle beach.

They are:
The PX51 - You must login or register to view this content.
and
The Call of Duty: Ghosts: Phantom - You must login or register to view this content.

I feel like the only reason they jacked the price up on the CoD one is because its "Limited Edition" and has a cool paint job. Looking at the specifications, they only difference is that the Call of Duty one comes with an XBA adapter and I won't need that as i don't own an Xbox.

Only reason I am bringing this to you guys is a simple question. What's your opinion? Preferably between the two headsets but if you have a better suggestion for a next-gen compatible headset I am all ears. My only requirement is that it is wireless. (Yes yes I've heard the arguments for why wired are better and why they aren't. Wireless is a personal preference for me.)
10-31-2013, 08:27 PM #2
Percal
Do a barrel roll!
They are bluetooth right? I thought they won't work either?

edit: Nevermind, I see You must login or register to view this content., shouldn't the px5 work if the px51 does?
Last edited by Percal ; 10-31-2013 at 08:37 PM.
10-31-2013, 08:48 PM #3
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
Buy Sony Wireless headset, never had a problem with it for a year now.
10-31-2013, 08:52 PM #4
Coqui
Former Staff
Originally posted by partypoker15 View Post
With the recent updates telling us that most of the current gen of headsets will NOT be compatible with the PS4, I got to looking and found that unfortunately my PX5s won't be. So I will be buying a new headset around Black Friday/Cyber Monday. I have narrowed it down to my two personal favorites and they are both from turtle beach.

They are:
The PX51 - You must login or register to view this content.
and
The Call of Duty: Ghosts: Phantom - You must login or register to view this content.

I feel like the only reason they jacked the price up on the CoD one is because its "Limited Edition" and has a cool paint job. Looking at the specifications, they only difference is that the Call of Duty one comes with an XBA adapter and I won't need that as i don't own an Xbox.

Only reason I am bringing this to you guys is a simple question. What's your opinion? Preferably between the two headsets but if you have a better suggestion for a next-gen compatible headset I am all ears. My only requirement is that it is wireless. (Yes yes I've heard the arguments for why wired are better and why they aren't. Wireless is a personal preference for me.)

You must login or register to view this content.

And they will work since day one.
10-31-2013, 10:06 PM #5
iTruceFret
[move]From now on, call me DRAGON.[/move]
My recommendation is the Sony wireless one. Mine has been chewed on by my puppies about three times, I've lost the interior black thing several times, and it still works.
10-31-2013, 10:07 PM #6
whyyoumad
Bounty hunter
astro a40 2013 edition. i hate wireless headset with batteries built in. i always worry about the battery going bad
11-01-2013, 12:56 AM #7
I3lackadder
Gym leader
Originally posted by Coqui View Post

I wish that were true, as i am also a proud A40 owner; but no it's confirmed they will only work once Sony release a post launch patch.
11-01-2013, 12:59 AM #8
Any good headsets under $100? Or there not that good.
11-01-2013, 02:11 AM #9
Coqui
Former Staff
Originally posted by I3lackadder View Post
I wish that were true, as i am also a proud A40 owner; but no it's confirmed they will only work once Sony release a post launch patch.

Happy

This apply only to the A40's because the A50's are wireless and the 1.50 realease day patch only support USB Headsets. And yes the 1.50 update will be released on launch day. Source: You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Coqui ; 11-01-2013 at 02:15 AM.

The following user thanked Coqui for this useful post:

I3lackadder
11-01-2013, 02:21 AM #10
Originally posted by Percal View Post
They are bluetooth right? I thought they won't work either?

edit: Nevermind, I see You must login or register to view this content., shouldn't the px5 work if the px51 does?

I wish that were the case, but take a look You must login or register to view this content.. According to Turtle Beach, the PX5s will not work. I won't be buying a new headset til Thanksgiving time anyways so if the PX5 ends up working, I'll let people know if they don't already.

Originally posted by Joelrca View Post
Buy Sony Wireless headset, never had a problem with it for a year now.

I had a one of those before my turtle beaches. I got it on Christmas, and by February the battery icon stopped displaying the life it had left on the ps3, and the sound was "crackly" is the best way to put it. I returned it to best buy and put the $99 towards the PX5s. Haven't had one problem yet and its been almost 2 years.

Originally posted by Coqui View Post

Only problem is its wired. Nothing against wired headsets, I just like wireless much better. Its a personal preference. Although I will do some looking into it to cover all my options. It would be nice to not have to deal with a battery. Lol.

Originally posted by iTruceFret View Post
My recommendation is the Sony wireless one. Mine has been chewed on by my puppies about three times, I've lost the interior black thing several times, and it still works.

Maybe I just got a defective one then. Check what I wrote above to Joelrca.

Originally posted by I3lackadder View Post

That patch is going to be out day one, and if your as anxious as I am, you already have the patch downloaded and on a flashdrive Happy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo