08-06-2014, 08:51 PM #1
WOLF
"Hackers" suck
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello guys.

(technically I already have a gaming PC, but I haven't bought any higher end GPUs so my gaming is limited)

As a few of you may know, I've been an advocate for PC gaming for a little while. However, since I got my PC with a very low-end gpu, I've come to the conclusion that PC gaming is not for me. Why you ask?

Well, for starters, how long does an average console last? My PS1, PS2, and PS3 (all purchased within 3 months of launch) still run fine. No really, no issues from any of them. The lasers still work, the discs read fine, and the PS3 has surprisingly given me no trouble whatsoever. They work out of the box. There is no drivers to download, no compatibility issues to consider, the games are just inserted and they load. Done.

My PC on the other hand was not quite so simple. First off don't get me wrong, I loved building my PC. It was a nice experience that will help me in the field I'm going in, but I'm not going to shoot so high next time. I'll start off by saying that Steam and Humble Bundle were the main selling points to me getting a PC. Yeah the games are really cheap at times, and they're digital, so as long as the servers are up, the games are always in pristine condition ready to go where discs will get scratched. Here's the kicker: how much are you willing to spend to get that extra 3 frames per second? You willing to buy a new $200 GPU every year or so (depending on overclocking, temperature, etc) to keep up with the increasingly difficult-to-handle graphics from big publishers? How about double that if you're running two GPUs at once? How about a new CPU every 3-5 years? Buying Intel? Make that a good $300-350 payment every five years.

Indie games reign supreme on PC. I actually like a lot of the smaller games that are extremely cheap on steam for the PC. Here again there are some for the PS4 but the PC has tons of indie games for sale and for free to play. But it doesn't really take a lot of power to play the indie games and a very very cheap setup can get that working nicely. I'm actually currently playing Lifeless Planet on my PC and it's pretty fun.

I'm also going to commit another sin: buying consoles for exclusives. I've always been against this myself as it seemed cheap to sell out to Xbox for Halo (although it was an amazing series), One single game stands out a lot when I mean the PS4 and that's TLoU Remastered. I played it on the PS3 and it was my favorite single-player game of that generation, even over my previous favorite of Fallout 3. The upcoming Uncharted game(s) are also going to be some sure-buys from me.

Back to PC though, I love modding my games. No, you little 12 year old assholes, not hacking Call of Duty or some stupid shit like that, I mean introducing new textures and gameplay elements through downloading and installing them from homebrew developers for games like Fallout and Skyrim. That IS a selling point for PC. Getting to the files on a PS4 in an effort to modify them (at this time) is impossible and I can do that easily on PC. Is it worth getting a really high end PC for indie games and moddable games like this though? In my opinion, no.

Another reason: console gaming is just more fun. I do have a few newer games on my account, Bioshock, Just Cause 2, Dead Island 1+Riptide. I had all of these games in console and they were on sale in steam at one point so I spent a little money and bought them. I did not enjoy it. Sure you can use any kind of input device for your PC and I understand that, but why? Plus my friends I know in real life all have consoles. They are nowhere near into tech like I am, so it makes sense for them to get a console. I like playing with my real life friends over people I've never met. Don't get me wrong, there are a very few select people that know me through this site and that I met on console I prefer over my personal friends, but the majority of my friends that do game use a console. The networking isn't a huge issue for me. Don't care about the PC community.

There's another point. I've always heard the PC community are much nicer and helpful than the console community, there aren't as many squeakers, etc. I'm here to tell you that's complete bullshit. Most of what I see is people being made fun of for parts they've chosen or the Intel vs AMD rivalry, like who really gives a shit? I came to the community and what happens? Still more childish bullshit. If you don't spend over $1500 on your system, you will be chastised severely. Even then, there's always a bigger fish. The PC community is snobby.

Well that's it. May even get a vita for the PS2 games. I miss those.

The following 8 users say thank you to WOLF for this useful post:

Alt, Bounkass, Jasdeep, Mythusala, AFG, Smexeh, TheGreatestSyn, XxWOLFxX_1337

The following user groaned WOLF for this awful post:

DJR_Supreme
08-07-2014, 09:13 AM #11
xSOADx
Banana Joe
Lot of friends asked me if they should buy a ps4 or a pc, and i told them that you can never build a pc which got same power as ps4 for 400€... Try to build a pc for 400€ and all you got is crap

The following 4 users say thank you to xSOADx for this useful post:

Bounkass, AFG, Smexeh, WOLF
08-07-2014, 12:53 PM #12
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by WOLF View Post
Hello guys.

(technically I already have a gaming PC, but I haven't bought any higher end GPUs so my gaming is limited)

As a few of you may know, I've been an advocate for PC gaming for a little while. However, since I got my PC with a very low-end gpu, I've come to the conclusion that PC gaming is not for me. Why you ask?

Well, for starters, how long does an average console last? My PS1, PS2, and PS3 (all purchased within 3 months of launch) still run fine. No really, no issues from any of them. The lasers still work, the discs read fine, and the PS3 has surprisingly given me no trouble whatsoever. They work out of the box. There is no drivers to download, no compatibility issues to consider, the games are just inserted and they load. Done.

My PC on the other hand was not quite so simple. First off don't get me wrong, I loved building my PC. It was a nice experience that will help me in the field I'm going in, but I'm not going to shoot so high next time. I'll start off by saying that Steam and Humble Bundle were the main selling points to me getting a PC. Yeah the games are really cheap at times, and they're digital, so as long as the servers are up, the games are always in pristine condition ready to go where discs will get scratched. Here's the kicker: how much are you willing to spend to get that extra 3 frames per second? You willing to buy a new $200 GPU every year or so (depending on overclocking, temperature, etc) to keep up with the increasingly difficult-to-handle graphics from big publishers? How about double that if you're running two GPUs at once? How about a new CPU every 3-5 years? Buying Intel? Make that a good $300-350 payment every five years.

Indie games reign supreme on PC. I actually like a lot of the smaller games that are extremely cheap on steam for the PC. Here again there are some for the PS4 but the PC has tons of indie games for sale and for free to play. But it doesn't really take a lot of power to play the indie games and a very very cheap setup can get that working nicely. I'm actually currently playing Lifeless Planet on my PC and it's pretty fun.

I'm also going to commit another sin: buying consoles for exclusives. I've always been against this myself as it seemed cheap to sell out to Xbox for Halo (although it was an amazing series), One single game stands out a lot when I mean the PS4 and that's TLoU Remastered. I played it on the PS3 and it was my favorite single-player game of that generation, even over my previous favorite of Fallout 3. The upcoming Uncharted game(s) are also going to be some sure-buys from me.

Back to PC though, I love modding my games. No, you little 12 year old assholes, not hacking Call of Duty or some stupid shit like that, I mean introducing new textures and gameplay elements through downloading and installing them from homebrew developers for games like Fallout and Skyrim. That IS a selling point for PC. Getting to the files on a PS4 in an effort to modify them (at this time) is impossible and I can do that easily on PC. Is it worth getting a really high end PC for indie games and moddable games like this though? In my opinion, no.

Another reason: console gaming is just more fun. I do have a few newer games on my account, Bioshock, Just Cause 2, Dead Island 1+Riptide. I had all of these games in console and they were on sale in steam at one point so I spent a little money and bought them. I did not enjoy it. Sure you can use any kind of input device for your PC and I understand that, but why? Plus my friends I know in real life all have consoles. They are nowhere near into tech like I am, so it makes sense for them to get a console. I like playing with my real life friends over people I've never met. Don't get me wrong, there are a very few select people that know me through this site and that I met on console I prefer over my personal friends, but the majority of my friends that do game use a console. The networking isn't a huge issue for me. Don't care about the PC community.

There's another point. I've always heard the PC community are much nicer and helpful than the console community, there aren't as many squeakers, etc. I'm here to tell you that's complete bullshit. Most of what I see is people being made fun of for parts they've chosen or the Intel vs AMD rivalry, like who really gives a shit? I came to the community and what happens? Still more childish bullshit. If you don't spend over $1500 on your system, you will be chastised severely. Even then, there's always a bigger fish. The PC community is snobby.

Good luck with that

Originally posted by soad08 View Post
Lot of friends asked me if they should buy a ps4 or a pc, and i told them that you can never build a pc which got same power as ps4 for 400€... Try to build a pc for 400€ and all you got is crap

You don't know what you are talking about.

The following user thanked Oneup for this useful post:

DJR_Supreme
08-07-2014, 01:03 PM #13
Cien
Open Your Mind Before Your Mouth
I dont know why people compare pc with console games, i still dont understand....
08-07-2014, 03:14 PM #14
xSOADx
Banana Joe
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
Good luck with that

You don't know what you are talking about.

Well than good luck playing latest games on highest resolution with a 400€ pc...
08-07-2014, 04:34 PM #15
Default Avatar
Oneup
Well than good luck playing latest games on highest resolution with a 400€ pc...

It's not hard to do that. Any card with the last 4 years can do that just fine. You do realize consoles aren't using new hardware right? That shit is already old.

The following user thanked Oneup for this useful post:

DJR_Supreme
08-07-2014, 04:59 PM #16
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by WOLF View Post
Hello guys.

You should at least get a decent GPU like a r9 270 and idk what keyboard and mouse you got but get good ones of those and then try I mean you got a nice PC and a low end GPU gaming won't be all that great it's like judging a pony car when you only drove a v6 one
08-07-2014, 05:07 PM #17
Toke
PC Master Race

400pounds can buy you a PC that can play bf4 on ultra at 50fps
Last edited by Toke ; 08-07-2014 at 05:27 PM.

The following user thanked Toke for this useful post:

DJR_Supreme
08-14-2014, 07:18 AM #18
I prefer PC

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo