Post: The Big "I'm Out Of Inspiration For New Mods" Brainstorm Thread !
07-04-2011, 02:08 PM #1
Karoolus
I'm the W@W Menu Guy !
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); okay, since everyone is always editing the same stuff etc, i'd like to get some ideas from the ppl who actually use the patches/mods..

So i'm asking the community: what would you like to see in new patches? (keep it realistic, don't ask for crazy shit)

Anyone who has an idea (or something that could be worked out to an idea), post it here, so we (the ppl who code) can see what's doable & what not Smile

what's okay to post:
Custom Game Modes
Cool things to do to players
etc....
Last edited by Karoolus ; 07-04-2011 at 02:22 PM.

The following 4 users say thank you to Karoolus for this useful post:

COD5-MAN-, CrEaTiiOn_BuRn, Solo., thatbrat
07-04-2011, 03:38 PM #11
Karoolus
I'm the W@W Menu Guy !
Originally posted by EddieMeduza View Post
You going to make an new patch? Happy
cool...
MP or SP?

both i think Smile

Originally posted by drive4567 View Post
How about a duel game mode. Where everyone spawns in a circle and has a .44 magnum. After every shot they have to reload. With little obstacles to hide behind. Each player gets one life per round. Also, maybe a Civil war game mode. With short range bolt action rifles that act like muskets. Like in the duel game mode you have to reload after each shot.

sounds good, i'll think about it..

Originally posted by Defraggler View Post
what about for zombies open all the doors and or link all teleporters ??

(like u do for the power on Alpatch649 phoenix v4.1)

already exists.. open all doors is easy & link all teleporters even easier :p
it's just a trigger Happy

Originally posted by Skyl1n3 View Post
Custom Game Mode:

Theres a custom made bunker on each map (kind of like in zombieland (preferably made out of SND bombs?)) and a team of 3 have to defend it while the rest of the 9 have to try to invade each door (the bunker has to be reasonably big in size) and can have a max of up to 5 doors, through one door can be a mini maze or a set of stairs and the team of 3 have to protect each one, when the team of 9 get through all of the doors, the first 3 of the 9 get to be the next team to defend. (doesn't really sound possible but meh, you're Karoolus Smile)

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Oh and a mod to randomly place betties on the map and the betties are invisible so it's a bit like land mines Smile

yeah you're right, it DOES sound impossible..
idk about the bunker, but everything else sounds great, i'll see what's possible & what's not.. we can't build bunkers like on mw2 (not enough memory, it'll lag the game)
07-04-2011, 03:52 PM #12
:bong:ya i know:bong:
07-04-2011, 03:55 PM #13
Skyl1n3
DO SOMETHING THEN!
Originally posted by Karoolus View Post
both i think Smile

sounds good, i'll think about it..

already exists.. open all doors is easy & link all teleporters even easier :p
it's just a trigger Happy

yeah you're right, it DOES sound impossible..
idk about the bunker, but everything else sounds great, i'll see what's possible & what's not.. we can't build bunkers like on mw2 (not enough memory, it'll lag the game)

Ah, I'll think of more as soon as I finish watching this thing on TV :p
07-04-2011, 04:09 PM #14
Karoolus
I'm the W@W Menu Guy !
just a little info to everyone who reads this thread:

if you post an idea, don't just post a vague description.. post a clear description of how you see it, so we don't have to pull things out of our asses all the time.. :p
if it's possible, i/we might ask you to clarify some things so there are no misunderstandings..

i've seen some ideas that are worth working with, but you'll need to be very specific about HOW it all works etc.. don't worry about graphical shit etc, just make sure that for example:
for a custom game mode, write it like this:

Gametype Name: ....
played in: TDM/FFA/SD (delete the ones that are wrong)
max # players: ....
# of teams: ....
team names: ....
special map requirements:
Gametype Description:

so it's clear to see what you want
07-04-2011, 04:53 PM #15
Skyl1n3
DO SOMETHING THEN!
just a little info to everyone who reads this thread:

if you post an idea, don't just post a vague description.. post a clear description of how you see it, so we don't have to pull things out of our asses all the time.. :p
if it's possible, i/we might ask you to clarify some things so there are no misunderstandings..

i've seen some ideas that are worth working with, but you'll need to be very specific about HOW it all works etc.. don't worry about graphical shit etc, just make sure that for example:
for a custom game mode, write it like this:

Gametype Name: ....
played in: TDM/FFA/SD (delete the ones that are wrong)
max # players: ....
# of teams: ....
team names: ....
special map requirements:
Gametype Description:

so it's clear to see what you want

Want me to do that with my Gametype idea? Smile
07-04-2011, 05:53 PM #16
iReset Nigga
2Fresshh!!
i was thinking what about like a paintball type gamemode that would be pretty sick like make bunkers and shit like that
07-04-2011, 05:54 PM #17
trilispy
Do a barrel roll!
where can i find the code for it then??? thanks for replying
07-04-2011, 06:08 PM #18
INSAN3LY_D34TH
INSAN3LY GAMING
okay, since everyone is always editing the same stuff etc, i'd like to get some ideas from the ppl who actually use the patches/mods..

So i'm asking the community: what would you like to see in new patches? (keep it realistic, don't ask for crazy shit)

Anyone who has an idea (or something that could be worked out to an idea), post it here, so we (the ppl who code) can see what's doable & what not Smile

what's okay to post:
Custom Game Modes
etc....

i would post my ideas but im already working on them. anyways i will say them. i am making a custom class editor, stat editor, clan tag editor in game on multiplayer for those who liked how it was in mw2.
07-04-2011, 06:30 PM #19
okay, since everyone is always editing the same stuff etc, i'd like to get some ideas from the ppl who actually use the patches/mods..

what's okay to post:
Custom Game Modes
etc....

in multiplayer, raining spheres, you can make a person continuously die and now be able to back out, shoot artillery from your gun, and if you hold R2 you throw grenades REALLY fast continuously like a gun :p
Last edited by lovebros ; 07-04-2011 at 06:55 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo