10-20-2011, 07:26 AM #1
MythGavin
Gym leader
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I'm a PS3 user and when my PS3 got YLOD I purchased a month of Xbox Live and a month later they charged me again :/... For those of you who don't know if you buy Xbox Live with a credit card, when the time is up they automatically charge you again every month and you can not cancel it or close your account without having to call Microsoft and talk to a machine for 20-30 minutes.

I found this trick on how to fix this problem in about 5 minutes without having to call them, I searched an no one posted it so I thought It's a good thing to know so I minus well post it here.

Originally posted by another user
First off, thanks to eltacodeldiablo for pointing me in the right direction. A few days ago there was a deal to get 5 months of Xbox live for $5 which is all well and good except that it turned on automatic renewal for your account which is a pain to turn off. As it turns out, Illinois passed a law that requires internet gaming service providers to have an online method to cancel the service. So here are the steps to turn off auto renewal for Xbox live:

Go to the account page
Go to Billing Account Information and change the address to somewhere in Illinois
Back on the account page, go to Manage Payment Options
Edit the credit card's billing info to be somewhere in Chicago
Back on the account page, click Upgrade/Manage Account
Under your avatar where it says Automatic Renewal: On, the On should be a link, click it.
You are going to have to click next quite a few times but eventually it will give you the option to turn auto renewal off.
Profit
It takes a few minutes, but is far less painful than calling support and having them potentially cancel your account instead of turning off auto renewal.

You must login or register to view this content.

Kind of sad that a multi-billion dollar corporation has resort to this kind of bullshit to get more money... But that's microsoft for you, I guess.

And yes, I've tried it and can confirm it works.

The following 2 users say thank you to MythGavin for this useful post:

Quantum_,
10-21-2011, 03:25 AM #2
This can actually be really useful, thanks. Happy

I can't believe they couldn't have just put the option on their site. They raise the price of XBL, then they do this. No
Last edited by Travis ; 10-21-2011 at 03:32 AM.
10-21-2011, 08:25 AM #3
RaZoR!
Banned
Thanks for the useful info bro
10-21-2011, 10:02 AM #4
Scram Horizon
Bounty hunter
Was going to have to phone Xbox in a few weeks to cancel, now I don't YEAHHH BUDDY!!!!
Thank bro!
10-21-2011, 11:57 AM #5
Default Avatar
iMLB
Thank you! I had a account they banned because I didn't have the money to pay on my card /facepalm
10-24-2011, 05:16 AM #6
MythGavin
Gym leader
O_o I don't think this belongs in exploits or hacks, it's kind of an exploit but idk. Whatever though, I'm not the mod here.
10-24-2011, 10:48 AM #7
CRACKbomber
What's a CRACKbomber?
Not really an exploit or hack but good post
10-24-2011, 01:07 PM #8
Stub Hero
Laying low low low
Originally posted by ClutchLikeCrack View Post
Not really an exploit or hack but good post

It's an exploit, as such.
10-30-2011, 12:42 AM #9
nice that's pretty useful ive had this problem before
10-30-2011, 01:44 PM #10
wow talk to a machine for 20-30 mins? lol it takes 5 mins for me talking to a real person to turn off auto renew and most of the time when I do turn it off I get a one month for $1 :P

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo