Post: Get Your Xbox 360 Repaired by Microsoft for Free! (Even if VOID)
02-21-2011, 08:39 AM #1
austincgardner
Can’t trickshot me!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This tutorial will show you how to get your xbox 360 repaired by microsoft for free, even if your warranty is expired/void.

Step 1:
Call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and press 1 or say "console" for xbox hardware. Then press 2 or say "other". Once you've gotten hold of an agent, say "I recently bought an xbox 360 second hand and I would like to register it under my name". Give them all the information they ask for.

Step 2:
Once you're done with the phone call, go to the xbox website. and click on "Support" in the bottom left corner of the page.

You must login or register to view this content.

Step 3:
Under "Services", click "Register and repair your product".

Step 4:
Click "Register". Then fill in the blanks with the same information you gave the agent that you talked to on the phone.

Step 5:
Once you've entered the information and clicked "Submit". You should be directed to this page. It should show the date that the warranty expired. Click "Request a Repair" once, and then once more.

Step 6:
Select your problem with the Xbox. Type in a short description. Click "Continue".

Step 7:
You should be redirected to a page that shows your warranty's new expiration date and it should say "there is no charge for this repair". Then simply continue through the steps and then you've done it!

Last edited by austincgardner ; 02-21-2011 at 09:25 AM.

The following 5 users say thank you to austincgardner for this useful post:

bamf526, kleszyk, RavagedBoom, smithy8769, spark32
03-06-2011, 02:35 AM #11
Will this work if my Xbox is painted blue? =D
03-07-2011, 02:51 PM #12
Originally posted by austincgardner View Post
This tutorial will show you how to get your xbox 360 repaired by microsoft for free, even if your warranty is expired/void.

Step 1:
Call 1-800-4MY-XBOX and press 1 or say "console" for xbox hardware. Then press 2 or say "other". Once you've gotten hold of an agent, say "I recently bought an xbox 360 second hand and I would like to register it under my name". Give them all the information they ask for.

Step 2:
Once you're done with the phone call, go to the xbox website. and click on "Support" in the bottom left corner of the page.

Step 3:

Step 4:
Click "Register". Then fill in the blanks with the same information you gave the agent that you talked to on the phone.

Step 5:
Once you've entered the information and clicked "Submit". You should be directed to this page. It should show the date that the warranty expired. Click "Request a Repair" once, and then once more.

Step 6:
Select your problem with the Xbox. Type in a short description. Click "Continue".

Step 7:
You should be redirected to a page that shows your warranty's new expiration date and it should say "there is no charge for this repair". Then simply continue through the steps and then you've done it!

Nice find man, nice pics too! Smile
03-08-2011, 10:20 AM #13
daj0k3r
Dam losers
They should make it free because of that debacle a few years ago. I'm glad I was able to get mine fixed
03-08-2011, 06:14 PM #14
Get a playstation 3, problems solved
03-09-2011, 09:03 PM #15
austincgardner
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Mr

Playstation is a nice console. But not nearly as many people have it compared to Xbox 360. The PSN is terrible. Playstation doesn't really have that many good games. Also, if you go look at the error code list for the Playstation, you'll see that they have at least 3x the amount of errors that can occur with the Xbox 360. I also hear just as many people complaining about their Playstation getting the "yellow" light of death just as much as the Xbox 360. The RROD for the Xbox 360 is completely fixed with the Elite, and the new Xbox "Slim". The only reason why people keep complaining about the RROD is because they still have the old models (the arcade, pro, etc.).

Here's a good story, my cousin is in college, he bought a PS3 about a year ago and it worked fine for about a week or so. His little brother came over and he brought over a gundam game for the PS3. So they decide to play it, but when they try to load the game on the PS3, there was a funny smell in the room and all of a sudden they noticed that the PS3 was smoking and verrry hot. They don't know wtf happened and they contacted Sony about the issue and they said they can't refund it. So now he uses the PS3 as a door stop for his dorm.
03-09-2011, 11:28 PM #16
---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Playstation is a nice console. But not nearly as many people have it compared to Xbox 360. The PSN is terrible. Playstation doesn't really have that many good games. Also, if you go look at the error code list for the Playstation, you'll see that they have at least 3x the amount of errors that can occur with the Xbox 360. I also hear just as many people complaining about their Playstation getting the "yellow" light of death just as much as the Xbox 360. The RROD for the Xbox 360 is completely fixed with the Elite, and the new Xbox "Slim". The only reason why people keep complaining about the RROD is because they still have the old models (the arcade, pro, etc.).

Here's a good story, my cousin is in college, he bought a PS3 about a year ago and it worked fine for about a week or so. His little brother came over and he brought over a gundam game for the PS3. So they decide to play it, but when they try to load the game on the PS3, there was a funny smell in the room and all of a sudden they noticed that the PS3 was smoking and verrry hot. They don't know wtf happened and they contacted Sony about the issue and they said they can't refund it. So now he uses the PS3 as a door stop for his dorm.

I have playstation 3 since early 2007 and still work perfect. PS3 had really great excslsive games, much better than Xbox360 games so i don't where ycou get that facts from. YLOD on PS3 is very low percentage unlike Xbox360 RROD. who ever told you that YLOD same much as RROD is 100% pure bullshit and lied. PS3 is built for quality console than XBOX360.

PS3 wasn't great in 2007 and 2008 but rest of the year PS3 is clearly best choice to buy and PSN is improve alot better.

Fact that XBOX360 may have more title games but lack of quanity exclusives XBOX360 games. PS3 exclusives games has more high score feedback than XBOX360 exclusives. If you don't believe me, check it up.
PS3 will overtake XBOX360 in worldwide sale in next year. also Epic said they are thinking of all three titles of gear of war coming to PS3. They are thinking about it at the moment.

I own XBOX360 and PS3 and i havn't turn on XBOX360 since two the half years ago. I find PS3 as a better gaming machine. that just my personal opinion. if you never own a PS3, then you should check up the good facts about PS3 because it worth buying for.
03-09-2011, 11:36 PM #17
HerbalEye
I'm thinking of a number...
Cool, to bad i have a ps3 :cry:
03-09-2011, 11:42 PM #18
Encopresis
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Mr

Sooo original..
03-09-2011, 11:55 PM #19
spark32
I’m too L33T
This tutorial will show you how to get your xbox 360 repaired by microsoft for free, even if your warranty is expired/void.

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Step 4:

Step 5:

Step 6:

Step 7:

Did not work. Just did it now. Did NOT work.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo