03-20-2011, 07:23 PM #1
Tory Lanez
On bail right now
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); By: Nathanx \\ 20/03/2011 \\ Source: You must login or register to view this content.

Xbox LIVE player Scams Kid out of 500$

You must login or register to view this content.

I hope Zach Grant thinks twice next time

The 14 year old was offered something deemed "to good to be true". Zach was playing a game over xbox live when someone told him that he could get him free microsoft points. Zach gave over all the information the other person asked for ( i presume , email + password ). This led to the mass loss of 500$ on his father's credit card. The person then went on to use the boy's credit card details , which had been saved to his account, to rent movies and various other things.

A in-depth story (You must login or register to view this content.)

Video: You must login or register to view this content.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI4n-su8kr4"]YouTube[/ame]

I hope the boy learnt a valuable lesson. Identity theft is still a huge problem on games consoles. Personally i think if the boy's parents had had half a brain they would of thought not to buy there 14 year old son Halo Reach.

Original Rant:

14 year old Zach Grant will think twice next time an offer from someone over Xbox LIVE seems too good to be true.

Whilst playing a game over Xbox LIVE, Zach was contacted by another player who told him he could get Microsoft Points if he gave him the right information. Having craved these points for weeks, Zach jumped at the opportunity. Giving the player all the information he asked for.

Unfortunately the player used the information to charge movies and games to Zach’s father’s credit card. Racking up over $500 in charges. The local news report tells the story.

Of course, most people know the sensible way to avoid identity theft, but it’s still a huge problem. Certainly this is an unfortunate mistake and the kid has learned his lesson. Being so young and having lost the family so much money, I’m sure he is devastated by it and feels terrible. However, there is another issue I have with this story.

Here I go again, if the kid is too dumbass not to give out sensitive information over Xbox LIVE, is he really mentally developed enough to being playing Halo Reach? The game is rated Mature in the US, which means it’s not suitable for a 14 year old to be playing. Okay, it’s no Black Ops as far as content is concerned, but the fact remains he is being left to play this game that is rated well above his age bracket AND he is left alone online to talk to God knows who.

Sure, I’m sorry to hear they lost a lot of money and that someone is out there scamming kids, but I am a damn sight more annoyed that yet again a child is given access to a game he shouldn’t be. This is why stupid parents who don’t know facts come knocking on the games industry’s door all the time because their children were somehow at risk from these games. Blame the other parents!

Rant over. For now.

The lesson here is, don’t give your child access to games he shouldn’t have, but if you do, don’t leave him alone with millions of strangers on the internet. Seriously.

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Tory Lanez ; 03-20-2011 at 09:11 PM.

The following user thanked Tory Lanez for this useful post:

NeverMoreModz
03-20-2011, 09:11 PM #11
parents fault, why would you allow your kid to have free access to your identity and money storage. this kid is stupid and the parents are even stupidier if i was a dad this kid would be having a bad year.

The following user thanked Potassium for this useful post:

Tory Lanez
03-20-2011, 09:22 PM #12
XDev
Banned
Originally posted by TheManOfTheYear View Post
I'd beat the kid till he was black

to bad he already is/facepalm
03-20-2011, 09:23 PM #13
Xanadu
Banned
i would have got me A** tore up if i lost tht much money
03-20-2011, 10:04 PM #14
Tory Lanez
On bail right now
Originally posted by XDev View Post
NICE HACK AND EXPLOIT! gonna try this on on kids now.

thx for the download

What are you on about good sir, this is in the

NextGenUpdate > XBOX 360 > XBOX 360 Genral.

not in hack and exploit. In addition, there is no Download link.
03-20-2011, 10:06 PM #15
XDev
Banned
Originally posted by Nathanx View Post
What are you on about good sir, this is in the

NextGenUpdate > XBOX 360 > XBOX 360 Genral.

not in hack and exploit. In addition, there is no Download link.

It Was in different directory otherwise my browser wouldnt have went to it.

second, i was joking

third, Good day sir
03-20-2011, 10:20 PM #16
Vo1ture
Space Ninja
Originally posted by milez9999 View Post
I'm 14, this kid is really dumb, if some one asks you for your details you tell em to **** off, I wouldn't be surprised if the guy scammed an 8 year old, but I mean come on, 14? I wouldn't be surprised if his parents beat him till he was black n' blue...

I'm sorry, but I still disagree. Maybe he's a little slow in the head. I'm not going to take the blame off of the person who actually stole the money. Something like this is 100% his fault. He deserves to be punished. Not the kid or the parents.
03-20-2011, 10:59 PM #17
Tory Lanez
On bail right now
i also blame the parents.
03-21-2011, 01:29 AM #18
Default Avatar
Cade
wow that kid is 14.
First He looks like he is 10(im 14 and im prolly a foot taller than him.
Second What 14 Year old is that freaking stupid.
Third That would be fine if the kid was 7.
03-21-2011, 04:22 AM #19
Sithus
Pokemon Trainer
Wow scamming a 14 year old... that guy is pretty sweet.

I hope he doesn't get hit by a bus. Heaven forbid something like that happens!

Not Happy or Sad

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo