Post: For Those Of You Switching From PS3: Some Things You Might Not Have Known You Can Do
05-03-2011, 06:07 PM #1
GQGK
Skillz
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This is going to be a tutorial on the things that you might not have known that your xbox can do Smile I recently bought my xbox in December (I've had a PS3 since release and I've always had Sony Consoles on release so this may help you) So sit back and learn :fyea:[multipage=Read and Reply To Messages From Your Computer]Hmmm so you're at school right? And you want to see if someone sent you a message right? Well no need to wait until you get home! Simply login to You must login or register to view this content. and hover your mouse over "My Xbox". See the dropdown option that says "Messages"? Click that and BOOM all your messages available to read from right there. Need to reply? Its easy, click reply. You can even create new messages to send right from your computer. The only problem? You can't listen to, or create, voice messages. Aside from that you can do that Smile[multipage=Checking Your Friends Online Status Away From the Console]So remember when we hovered our mouse cursor over "My Xbox"? Well do that again, only this time select friends. Boom you can see who's online and their profiles right from your computer! Simple but fancy :carling:[multipage=Making a Purchase Away From Your Console]So say it's March 3rd and the maps came out, but you're away from the house! What do you do? Well you can login to You must login or register to view this content. and click on the "Games and Marketplace" tab. There you can find the entire xbox store right from your computer. Make your purchases on there and they'll automatically download as soon as you login to your xbox... Which can save a lot of time... Maybe someone you know is next to your xbox but isnt capable of working it (aka a mom or someone like that). You can just tell them to tap the big button on the front and boom, it's downloading it while you're away and they didn't have to do anything difficult.[multipage=Setting the xbox Keyboard to QWERTY]Ok, so being a ps3 user, the xbox keyboard drove me insane! I was like :yuno: make qwerty?! Well this is easy. So easy that I feel stupid not looking at this before. Go to your xbox, then System Settings -> Console Settings -> Language and (I think it's location? Could be wrong lol) -> Language -> English (QWERTY Keyboard). Boom done. Pretty easy right?[multipage=Get Paid To Use xbox]Xbox rewards... rewards you. That simple. If you're gold you receive 5% of the points you spent on the store back at the end of each month. Buy certain marketplace content and get bonus points instantly. Renew your membership and get more free points. All you have to do is go to You must login or register to view this content. and the rest is done automatically. The site even shows you what you get for each action you do. Free Microsoft Points easy Smile[multipage=Android Apps for xbox]I wanted to do this for all phones, but I'm unsure of what is available for other phone os... But here are a few apps that may come in handy:
XBOX Live Statistics ($1.99 i think): This app allows you to do everything you can you can do on xbox.com on your phone (except buy things lol)
xMarket(Free): Browse the xbox marketplace and buy everything from there to have to download to your xbox 360 as if you were doing it from your computer.

I will finish this section later... I have to go :p Hope you enjoyed what is there so far Smile
[multipage=Great Video From rjive Comparing and Contrasting Both Consoles]
Be sure to thank him for this. You can thank the post he made a little below this one Smile

Last edited by GQGK ; 05-04-2011 at 11:29 PM.

The following 16 users say thank you to GQGK for this useful post:

aZlan, CRACKbomber, Ehhx, Farva, ghost1018, Hazel, jackaree, Jake, JewVOsama, User23434, Mr.Oppossum, pspdoggy1, Squaidz-, Tree, tycoon177, xFutterr
05-05-2011, 04:19 AM #11
MV-rockers
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by another user
:yuno: make qwerty.
I laughed pretty good.
05-06-2011, 01:22 AM #12
Thanks bro My birthday is coming up and I'm getting the new xbox. I have had PS3 for a couple years now and slowly all of my friends have switched to xBox so I am making the jump. Thanks.
05-06-2011, 02:03 AM #13
Thank you, I have just switched to xBox 360 today and I am loving it thanks to your help!
05-06-2011, 03:38 AM #14
Hazel
Problem rule #16?
*Facepalm* I was spending points like crazy last month and I never knew about Xbox Rewards... Oh well. Nice post!
05-06-2011, 01:46 PM #15
GQGK
Skillz
Originally posted by PollyannaX View Post
*Facepalm* I was spending points like crazy last month and I never knew about Xbox Rewards... Oh well. Nice post!

Haha been there... :( I did the same thing when Playstation rewards came out lol
05-06-2011, 03:49 PM #16
:megusta: I didn't know about xbox rewards and I spent around 10,000 points 3 weeks ago :L
05-06-2011, 06:25 PM #17
ShottinG STarzz
Who’s Jim Erased?
Mostly new all this but good for those who dont. Nice Thread
05-06-2011, 07:19 PM #18
Awesome thread! Claps Great video as well; it answered all my questions about the Xbox. Seriously considering the new slim Xbox.
05-09-2011, 01:36 PM #19
GQGK
Skillz
Well thanks :p I like my slim... Still don't know if I like ps3 or xbox better though lol

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo