09-18-2011, 11:47 PM #1
Coyler
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Right I have gotten both consoles Xbox and PlayStation, in my opinion i think that Xbox is far better than PlayStation if we look at it from different perspectives

1 Social - The Xbox is far more sociable than the PlayStation, with the PlayStation the only real people who ever talk are either continually arguing or are playing some pretty distorted noises down the mic.

2 Games (exclusives) - the game exclusives on the Xbox compared to the PlayStation 3 in my opinion are far more superior, for one Halo, this is one of the biggest selling games ever, it is exclusive to Xbox, Halo 2 was still being played even when Halo Reach was released, then gears of war, It is indescribable the amount of time and effort that must have went into making this game, it was so unbelievable, you can play the campaign alone multiple times without being bore.

3 Freebies - PlayStation take a starting lead here with there free online multi-player, yes this is good but Xbox use the money we spend on there subscription to help improve our gaming experience. Last FM Xbox exclusive is a good touch, it is free and can get you into some very good bands. Then Xbox further takes the leads with there Facebook/Twitter both have been put on the Xbox dashboard and are working in collaboration to improve Xbox, this is a good touch so you can check your Facebook and Twitter without even moving.

4 Cross platforming - Xbox as a Microsoft product have a couple of games that can be played cross platformed like Gears of war one and two can both be played against p.c gamer. Games like shadow run as well.

5 Collaborations and sponsorship - Xbox teamed up with Call of Duty so that Xbox gets maps before the PlayStation will, which means Xbox gets to see what its like a good period of time before PlayStation. Xbox signed up with Zune, Zune is a massive Movie store that allows you to stream from Zune directly to your Xbox console. The final to were the additions of Twitter and Facebook, this came as a surprise to everyone, but it was a good surprise.

6 Quality - If we are talking about directly Gaming quality then it is more or less even as Xbox and PlayStation both have 1080p HD but if we go into movie detail i do have to admit that PlayStation is better than Xbox for movie because of the blue ray.

7 Updating - Generally the idea is to continually update a console so that it become better than the others in the market, and Xbox does just that, Xbox release a new update at least once a month. they can change there dashboard around, add in cool new features even voice recognition downloads soon. While PlayStation do not update as much.

This is just my opinion - Coyler Upside Down Happy

The following 4 users say thank you to Coyler for this useful post:

ILuZzONz, K-Snody, Syria, TD5X
11-14-2011, 09:16 AM #74
Brandon455
Save Point
You must login or register to view this content.
You must login or register to view this content.
11-14-2011, 12:26 PM #75
Yanni
Desmond
Bloody fanboys...

Both consoles have their pros and cons

Ps3 has more exclusives and variety in them:
Uncharted/Killzone/Ressistance/InFamous/LBP/God Of War,Ratchet And Clank series/Modnation etc

Xbox has:
Halo/Gears of War/Alan Wake,Splinter Cell etc (WHO ACTUALLY PLAYS VIVA PINATA?!?!?!)
(those are the ONLY I've heard of people actually owning)

Halo I've played a bit of and haven't liked it much, I just jumped around and sprayed and dominated, every now and then a vehicle would run me over and thats it, never played Gears but it looks pretty epic and Alan Wake I have no idea but heard it's pretty good.

Uncharted, amazing graphics and has good gameplay, but they ripped the MP off Gears :|
God Of War is just amazing in visuals and gore, if you have played Darksiders it's like that but 100000x more epic and has more variety in attacks
Ratchet and Clank/Modnation/LBP all ages games that are incredibly fun even though they are childish, I still am in love with Ratchet in Clank (not the new one, they failed with that)
InFamous = amazing in every way.

Ps3 is teamed with some companies,Xbox has teamed with some too, stop making a big deal about getting DLC on one game a month early, not everyone plays cod/cares about dlc, there are more games out there than Call Of Duty

Ps3 is free online, with PS+ to get discounts + free games along with other perks if you pay a fee, the online works fine and doesn't have many bugs as I've seen, only problems have been with the attack (only went on for a few days, the rest was Sony rebuilding PSN and adding security and that) and when a MW2 map pack came up and the server got too many requests and wouldn't let people add money to their account to purchase it.
PS3 also has catchup tv + Playtv which is pretty much a pvr for $90 and can be used to view and record the normal channels, the web browser I never use as I own a computer and that is next to me while I play PS3, but I don't really like the browser much since it's easier to just hop onto a computer.

Xbox you pay to get cross game chat, Foxtel (not sure if theres extra reqs for that) and also has Facebook + Twitter but as said above just get a computer, problem solved, you should be able to move to the next room to check your Facebook between games or whatever.
Xbox also (only I have heard, not 100%) can listen to music from the console while playing a game, but that is what an iPod is for Smile

Obsessed with the Xbox controller and hate the Ps3 controller? There are Ps3 controllers which are designed almost exactly the same as the Xbox's, but when I tried to play on my friend's Xbox I just couldn't adjust to the thumbsticks that easily, have yet to see a ps3 styles Xbox controller.

Both consoles have kids and mature people, Xbox has more mics on it as (correct me if I'm wrong) the console comes with a mic, I just hate how you have to connect the mic to the controller, Ps3 most are wireless and just charge them, which goes back to controllers, Xbox you need to keep getting new batters (or just rechargable ones and a charger) and Ps3 you can just plug it into your computer/console for an hour and it's fully charged and ready to go.

Have I covered everything? I tried to make that unbiased, I haven't had more than a day of playing on Xbox so I can't judge everything, but as I said Playstation is for cheap people who just want to have fun, it is an all around console which is good for the whole family (blu ray player, all ages games etc) and can run games perfectly fine.

Xbox has cross game chat for that extra addition to social features (I just use Skype so eh) and has a pay for online service which makes it more reliable, you can get some early dlc for Call of Duty but as I said COD isn't the only game around.
11-15-2011, 09:05 AM #76
Best answer is PS3 feels more like single player and xbox is more about multiplayer.
11-15-2011, 07:55 PM #77
DeslGltch
Save Point
Originally posted by Assassin. View Post
2. Ps3 exclusives (old and new) :
Infamous 1 + 2.
Killzone 3.
LittleBigPlanet 2.
MotorStorm Apocalypse.
Ratchet & Clank : All 4 One.
Resistance 3.
Uncharted 3: Drake`s Deception.
Gran Turismo 5.
Heavy Rain.
Super Stardust HD.
God Of War.
MGS4.
SOCOM.
MAG.
WarHawk.
StarHawk.
Portal 2. (exclusive support)
Tomb Raider.
ModNation Racers.
Demon`s Souls.

6. Quality. Ps3 rapes xbox in quality. RAPES. ps3 games/movies look sharp and crisp. unlike xbox UGH.

Thats my opinion.

First, Don't really like any of those games except portal2 and god of war...

Second, you're right about the specs in the PS3 being better than the Xbox's. BUT, my brother owns a ps3 and I own an xbox, we put them side by side, both running on 32" LCD monitors by insignia and compared BF3... They were both crisp, precise, whatever. The only difference is the lighting, the PS3 is darker than the Xbox, but we can simply change our TV settings HUR DUR... I will admit that the bluray is nice for movies. But we have netflix, hulu, and soon to be COMCAST! lol
11-15-2011, 08:32 PM #78
No questions asked xbox 360 is better then ps3... what do u guys think>.<
11-15-2011, 10:12 PM #79
Cubs
Next year is the year..
Originally posted by Coyler View Post
Right I have gotten both consoles Xbox and PlayStation, in my opinion i think that Xbox is far better than PlayStation if we look at it from different perspectives

1 Social - The Xbox is far more sociable than the PlayStation, with the PlayStation the only real people who ever talk are either continually arguing or are playing some pretty distorted noises down the mic.

2 Games (exclusives) - the game exclusives on the Xbox compared to the PlayStation 3 in my opinion are far more superior, for one Halo, this is one of the biggest selling games ever, it is exclusive to Xbox, Halo 2 was still being played even when Halo Reach was released, then gears of war, It is indescribable the amount of time and effort that must have went into making this game, it was so unbelievable, you can play the campaign alone multiple times without being bore.

3 Freebies - PlayStation take a starting lead here with there free online multi-player, yes this is good but Xbox use the money we spend on there subscription to help improve our gaming experience. Last FM Xbox exclusive is a good touch, it is free and can get you into some very good bands. Then Xbox further takes the leads with there Facebook/Twitter both have been put on the Xbox dashboard and are working in collaboration to improve Xbox, this is a good touch so you can check your Facebook and Twitter without even moving.

4 Cross platforming - Xbox as a Microsoft product have a couple of games that can be played cross platformed like Gears of war one and two can both be played against p.c gamer. Games like shadow run as well.

5 Collaborations and sponsorship - Xbox teamed up with Call of Duty so that Xbox gets maps before the PlayStation will, which means Xbox gets to see what its like a good period of time before PlayStation. Xbox signed up with Zune, Zune is a massive Movie store that allows you to stream from Zune directly to your Xbox console. The final to were the additions of Twitter and Facebook, this came as a surprise to everyone, but it was a good surprise.

6 Quality - If we are talking about directly Gaming quality then it is more or less even as Xbox and PlayStation both have 1080p HD but if we go into movie detail i do have to admit that PlayStation is better than Xbox for movie because of the blue ray.

7 Updating - Generally the idea is to continually update a console so that it become better than the others in the market, and Xbox does just that, Xbox release a new update at least once a month. they can change there dashboard around, add in cool new features even voice recognition downloads soon. While PlayStation do not update as much.

i'd like to say your opinion is very lopsided and bias. you forgot to mention all the ps3 exclusive games, including the resistance series. not only that, but you said microsoft uses the 60 dollars you spend for online on proving your multiplayer experience? yeah right. if you truly believed that you'd give some examples. i don't see anything 60 dollars better on xbox than ps3. that 60 dollars also bought my MW3. Updates, both consoles update relatively regurlarly, so that example doesnt really make sense. and social? everytime im on xbox its whiny kids, music, and grown men arguing. thats on both systems. and freebies? PS3 has a web browser not just facebook and twitter. also ps3 has qriocity. dont forget you are able to rent and buy movies from the playstation store, and netflix is availible as well...
i'm sorry to say your arguements pretty weak. good try though, you'll get em nextime.
11-16-2011, 12:02 AM #80
I have both consoles and a jailbroken PS3 but i like modding on PS3 better but overall i like Xbox more.
11-16-2011, 01:31 AM #81
TechMemphis
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Coyler View Post
Right I have gotten both consoles Xbox and PlayStation, in my opinion i think that Xbox is far better than PlayStation if we look at it from different perspectives

LOL exclusives better lmao PS has God of War, Killzone, UNCHARTED, Sly Cooper, Rachet and Clank, not to mention previous collections, all xbox has is gears, halo, and left for dead... none of which imo are worth it however I do own both consoles. Also freebies the ps3 has a browser and I can actually use the real sites that the xbox has to make applications for. Also I don't see anything about the browser mentioned in your comparsion this is a major feature the ps3 has over the xbox. As well as disc storage space with the ps3 getting more and more second games that come with news games included on the disc. Also Sony paired with EA for battlefield 3 and it gets the maps 2 weeks in advance.
11-16-2011, 07:02 AM #82
-Luke
Former Staff
Xbox is just way better then PS3 period. I mean Sony sucks ass at securing their servers and they don't give a damn about their players, cuz the players don't pay for PSN. Unlike Microsoft, they care a little more about their players sense we actully pay $60/year for gold.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo