09-18-2011, 11:47 PM #1
Coyler
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Right I have gotten both consoles Xbox and PlayStation, in my opinion i think that Xbox is far better than PlayStation if we look at it from different perspectives

1 Social - The Xbox is far more sociable than the PlayStation, with the PlayStation the only real people who ever talk are either continually arguing or are playing some pretty distorted noises down the mic.

2 Games (exclusives) - the game exclusives on the Xbox compared to the PlayStation 3 in my opinion are far more superior, for one Halo, this is one of the biggest selling games ever, it is exclusive to Xbox, Halo 2 was still being played even when Halo Reach was released, then gears of war, It is indescribable the amount of time and effort that must have went into making this game, it was so unbelievable, you can play the campaign alone multiple times without being bore.

3 Freebies - PlayStation take a starting lead here with there free online multi-player, yes this is good but Xbox use the money we spend on there subscription to help improve our gaming experience. Last FM Xbox exclusive is a good touch, it is free and can get you into some very good bands. Then Xbox further takes the leads with there Facebook/Twitter both have been put on the Xbox dashboard and are working in collaboration to improve Xbox, this is a good touch so you can check your Facebook and Twitter without even moving.

4 Cross platforming - Xbox as a Microsoft product have a couple of games that can be played cross platformed like Gears of war one and two can both be played against p.c gamer. Games like shadow run as well.

5 Collaborations and sponsorship - Xbox teamed up with Call of Duty so that Xbox gets maps before the PlayStation will, which means Xbox gets to see what its like a good period of time before PlayStation. Xbox signed up with Zune, Zune is a massive Movie store that allows you to stream from Zune directly to your Xbox console. The final to were the additions of Twitter and Facebook, this came as a surprise to everyone, but it was a good surprise.

6 Quality - If we are talking about directly Gaming quality then it is more or less even as Xbox and PlayStation both have 1080p HD but if we go into movie detail i do have to admit that PlayStation is better than Xbox for movie because of the blue ray.

7 Updating - Generally the idea is to continually update a console so that it become better than the others in the market, and Xbox does just that, Xbox release a new update at least once a month. they can change there dashboard around, add in cool new features even voice recognition downloads soon. While PlayStation do not update as much.

This is just my opinion - Coyler Upside Down Happy

The following 4 users say thank you to Coyler for this useful post:

ILuZzONz, K-Snody, Syria, TD5X
09-19-2011, 03:15 AM #11
In the end, they both play games so who gives a ****.
09-19-2011, 04:29 AM #12
EZ.
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Battle

Thank god someone with a brain. Enzo cheers
09-19-2011, 05:19 AM #13
Astro Zombie
professional lurker
idk why recently these console war threads have started up but its really annoying. everyone knows the wii is best so just stop :carling:

The following user groaned Astro Zombie for this awful post:

ARVINLOCOx
09-19-2011, 06:04 AM #14
Hiroaki08
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Battle

Well said, I don't think i've ever even used any feature of any of my consoles other than actually playing games
09-19-2011, 06:51 AM #15
Sweets
Wololo
PS1 4 eva.
09-19-2011, 07:34 AM #16
iWONDERif
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Coyler View Post
Right I have gotten both consoles Xbox and PlayStation, in my opinion i think that Xbox is far better than PlayStation if we look at it from different perspectives

1 Social - The Xbox is far more sociable than the PlayStation, with the PlayStation the only real people who ever talk are either continually arguing or are playing some pretty distorted noises down the mic. - Like on xbox all the little kids you can really talk to something that high LMAO, you obviously dont play games like socom, killzone or uncharted etc were not just talking cod here

2 Games (exclusives) - the game exclusives on the Xbox compared to the PlayStation 3 in my opinion are far more superior, for one Halo, this is one of the biggest selling games ever, it is exclusive to Xbox, Halo 2 was still being played even when Halo Reach was released, then gears of war, It is indescribable the amount of time and effort that must have went into making this game, it was so unbelievable, you can play the campaign alone multiple times without being bore.-So two games are more superior than killzone, uncharted, warhawk, socom, infamous, resistence, lbp, gow3, gt5, mag, heavy rain, mgs4 i find hard to believe its better than any of those games. People were still playing socom 2 when socom4 was realesed also ps3s player count is split between the exclusives rather than all stuck on one or two games

3 Freebies - PlayStation take a starting lead here with there free online multi-player, yes this is good but Xbox use the money we spend on there subscription to help improve our gaming experience. Last FM Xbox exclusive is a good touch, it is free and can get you into some very good bands. Then Xbox further takes the leads with there Facebook/Twitter both have been put on the Xbox dashboard and are working in collaboration to improve Xbox, this is a good touch so you can check your Facebook and Twitter without even moving. We have facebook integration and our web browser where we can access twitter, fb, yt etc

4 Cross platforming - Xbox as a Microsoft product have a couple of games that can be played cross platformed like Gears of war one and two can both be played against p.c gamer. Games like shadow run as well.
You mean like portal2 on the ps3 and pc and dust514 on the ps3
5 Collaborations and sponsorship - Xbox teamed up with Call of Duty so that Xbox gets maps before the PlayStation will, which means Xbox gets to see what its like a good period of time before PlayStation. Xbox signed up with Zune, Zune is a massive Movie store that allows you to stream from Zune directly to your Xbox console. The final to were the additions of Twitter and Facebook, this came as a surprise to everyone, but it was a good surprise. getting the maps is not seen as a good thing if ps users see that the maps are poo then they wont buy them and dont you think this is trying to make up for the loss of exclusives. lovefilm, moobie, netflix, vudu, hulu, vidzone,

6 Quality - If we are talking about directly Gaming quality then it is more or less even as Xbox and PlayStation both have 1080p HD but if we go into movie detail i do have to admit that PlayStation is better than Xbox for movie because of the blue ray.

7 Updating - Generally the idea is to continually update a console so that it become better than the others in the market, and Xbox does just that, Xbox release a new update at least once a month. they can change there dashboard around, add in cool new features even voice recognition downloads soon. While PlayStation do not update as much.

This is just my opinion - Coyler Upside Down Happy
Updates that the consumers dont seem to like? many user i know were upset when they removed the old style dashboard for kinect its not always a good thing. PS3 keeping the same xmb means we have the same simple style that we will always be able to master and use, its not perfect but it does the job. also there updates come with features like automatic update, online storage, ps store updates

This is just my opinion, i have both consoles and find the ps3 for me the better experience. Im not disagreeing with you im trying to help you understand what comes from a ps3 side
09-19-2011, 08:15 AM #17
K-Snody
Loading... ████████] 99%
ps3 is free online ......
09-19-2011, 09:50 AM #18
Booshykins
Tech Enthusiast
Originally posted by Astro
for social i have gone into plenty of games where people are just blaring their "music" and are also arguing so that voids that one.

as far as facebook and twitter ps3 does it as well. they have this thing called an internet browser which allows me to go to multiple websites not just 2.

and for zune. microsoft owns them so it makes since that they would put it on there

One thing you failed to mention is how completely terrible this Internet browser actually is. Gaspkay:

Being the owner of a PS3, but also knowing a lot about the Xbox 360, I just have to say that the Xbox feels more finished. There's just something about playing the PS3 that feels like I'm playing a beta for an MMO. Gaspkay:

I still love it though.
Last edited by Booshykins ; 09-19-2011 at 09:54 AM.

The following 2 users say thank you to Booshykins for this useful post:

Just4Hax, kleszyk
09-19-2011, 11:20 AM #19
Assassin
Easter Egg!
Originally posted by Collin
One thing you failed to mention is how completely terrible this Internet browser actually is. Gaspkay:

Being the owner of a PS3, but also knowing a lot about the Xbox 360, I just have to say that the Xbox feels more finished. There's just something about playing the PS3 that feels like I'm playing a beta for an MMO. Gaspkay:

I still love it though.

atleast the ps3 actually has a internet broswer and it is pretty good in my opinion, its also has the new option on the xmb called "Tv" i think where you can catch up on main tv shows (everyone may not have it)

Xbox = Online gaming
Ps3 = More friendly community, Much better graphics, Free Online gaming (On COD its sucks because Activision/Treyarch dont bother with making the game actually playable on ps3.. instead just port it over with its laag, glitches etc) my opinion.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo