05-21-2013, 06:41 PM #1
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); One of the hot topics of new consoles how to deal with used game sales. With EA dropping the online pass one has to wonder why that was. A little hint has come out with MS talking about used games and installs.
New games you install them to your console, this links your xbox live accounts to the game. Result any second accounts have to pay a "fee" in order to get access to the disc. Mandatory installs if people was going to ask.

Sony has so far no details on any plans like this.

Source You must login or register to view this content.
You must login or register to view this content. One of the editors from UK IGN.

Update You must login or register to view this content.
-Jake the mod has found a story saying it a full price for the fee.

Don't worry not sure on if the story is true or not after joystiq has posted further updates
You must login or register to view this content. Thanks stone for posting this.
---------------------------
Not sure what to think about this could be good news if means used game prices fall along with a low fee compared to online passes.
Last edited by ResistTheSun ; 05-22-2013 at 05:22 PM.
05-21-2013, 06:45 PM #2
.James
Who’s Jim Erased?
Fuck that. So if I wanted to bring my game to a friends house for example they'd have to buy it to play it on their console?
05-21-2013, 06:53 PM #3
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by .James View Post
Fuck that. So if I wanted to bring my game to a friends house for example they'd have to buy it to play it on their console?

If you own the game no.
If they don't own the game and want to play it their account yes. Installs on that console meaning they can play it at any time too.
From what I understand that how it works bit like how online passes work right now.
05-21-2013, 06:53 PM #4
lol I like how they didn't mention this too much during the presentation.

This may be a dealbreaker for me depending more on the details like how much the fee is gonna be. I don't think Sony announced anything like this yet. but I also don't remember them clearly denying anything like it also, so I'm hoping the PS4 will play used games fine.

The only cool thing about this is that I read once you install a game to your HDD, it's locked to your account and you won't need a disc to play it anymore... So everytime someone bought a disc and had the game installed, wouldn't you just want to sell the disc and make however much money off the disc you could since you wouldn't need it anymore? I'm guessing for this reason, the fee isn't gonna be something small like $10.
05-21-2013, 07:13 PM #5
Xx--AIDAN--xX
One Man Army
stupid really tbh the fact that they are going to make you buy a use game and then make you buy a pass to play it
05-21-2013, 07:17 PM #6
that sounds crappy, but at the moment, the Xbox One looks like it will surpass the PS4 by many different things.... lets just see Smile
05-21-2013, 07:37 PM #7
I suspect the unlocking fee will be whatever the cost of the software from the XBLA (or whatever it will be called) so as not to take a loss. The older the game gets the lower the cost on the digital store and the cheaper it will be to unlock.

They're trying to make it so there is no benefit at all to doing this - so it makes sense they would charge the same as it would to download it.
05-21-2013, 09:19 PM #8
xLew--
Former Staff
wow this has to work well or its going to cause some friction!
05-21-2013, 09:51 PM #9
Kidd Cold
**** my Toaster !~!
I am a bit confused on this, so with this scenario other accounts on my console cannot access games? Or, games are tied to my console?
05-21-2013, 10:15 PM #10
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by Kidd
I am a bit confused on this, so with this scenario other accounts on my console cannot access games? Or, games are tied to my console?

i think they would have to buy a online pass

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo