05-21-2013, 06:41 PM #1
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); One of the hot topics of new consoles how to deal with used game sales. With EA dropping the online pass one has to wonder why that was. A little hint has come out with MS talking about used games and installs.
New games you install them to your console, this links your xbox live accounts to the game. Result any second accounts have to pay a "fee" in order to get access to the disc. Mandatory installs if people was going to ask.

Sony has so far no details on any plans like this.

Source You must login or register to view this content.
You must login or register to view this content. One of the editors from UK IGN.

Update You must login or register to view this content.
-Jake the mod has found a story saying it a full price for the fee.

Don't worry not sure on if the story is true or not after joystiq has posted further updates
You must login or register to view this content. Thanks stone for posting this.
---------------------------
Not sure what to think about this could be good news if means used game prices fall along with a low fee compared to online passes.
Last edited by ResistTheSun ; 05-22-2013 at 05:22 PM.
05-21-2013, 10:43 PM #11
Edit - deleted.

Just read here that on Microsoft's twitter, they posted that there may not be a fee to unlock games after all. Hopefully it's true and all this was a bad mistake.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Stone ; 05-21-2013 at 10:49 PM.
05-21-2013, 11:52 PM #12
Kidd Cold
**** my Toaster !~!
Originally posted by xLew
i think they would have to buy a online pass

Big turn off for me then... I tend to have an extra account I play on.. Although, I don't do it as often now because the cost to have another XBL account.
05-22-2013, 05:20 PM #13
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Stone View Post
Edit - deleted.

Just read here that on Microsoft's twitter, they posted that there may not be a fee to unlock games after all. Hopefully it's true and all this was a bad mistake.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.

You must login or register to view this content.

Somebody at the PR team may have messed up as bad the alway online rumour. Thanks :y:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo