05-22-2013, 12:28 AM #1
CryoAces
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Terrible Reveal

The Dumb Name, Xbox one aka Trashbox Forever Alone

Not backwards compatible.

Kinect is mandatory and is bigger, uglier and more evil looking then before like the system

You have to install all games with a code you have to be online to enter, then to play that game on another xbox you have to pay a fee (may make it account so only account w code can play it)

500Gb hope you like deleting stuff installing all games.

Theres alot more but im done talking about failure

The following 2 users say thank you to CryoAces for this useful post:

Havoc69, martinez

The following 10 users groaned at CryoAces for this awful post:

JordanCarr, atifI0, Boris Johnson, Cryptic, Devastation, Hells, HomelandSec, Toke, ResistTheSun, Stone
05-22-2013, 02:25 AM #11
Dman93
Crawl to your cross
Originally posted by NP
8GB = 60 games installed. I don't think anyone needs 60 games installed all at once. Plus Xbox One supports external memory. Another poor argument.
A lot more? Like what, please do elaborate.

I doubt games will be 8gb, it's has a blu ray drive so I am sure most companies will want to make use of the 50gb discs. But games on current gen are mostly above 8gb and under 15 only I'm sure because of xbox have a dvd drive.
05-22-2013, 04:29 AM #12
xShadow
Pr0n ftw
If you want someone to directly speak out against the xbox one based on facts

1) The PS4 controller has a 1920x900 touch screen and speakers + new analog stick and a share button while all the xbox one controller has is an improved vibration system and analog sticks with slightly changed design and a new multi tasking button

2) PS4 has cloud gaming while xbox has a few TV services and Skype which have nothing to do with gaming, did I also mention skype is available on mobile devices and computers?

3) PS4 has built in HD recording and sharing to social sites.

4) PS3 has been having blu ray for a while now

5) Xbox is still making you pay and provided absolutely no good reason, and if you do have one I wanna hear a good one, I see no reason to include the cable services in a gaming console either, and this time PS4 will have cross game chat including video chatting, so what is it missing now?

6) Kinect shows a "revolutionary" way of interacting with a gaming console when really it's being called revolutionary for being able to switch between cable, movies and gaming, seriously I've been having a Smart TV for years now and I'm not gonna buy a console because I'm too lazy to pick up my remote.

7) 300k servers sound amazing, but PS4 has gaikai which means that sony also needs a lot of servers and it is not known how many servers PS4 will run on, did I also mention that Gaikai means that you can run BF3 on a tablet? Maybe will learn more about this at E3
05-22-2013, 04:41 AM #13
Fox243
[b]Elite Founder[/b]
just want to point out one aspect that i think matters here y in this day would they low ball there ram?
they used ddr3. why not use ddr5 ram like i'm not on any side im in the middle of the consoles but sony is using ddr5.
thats my only rant and im disappointed that Sony went with amd but thats for a different section
You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Fox243 ; 05-22-2013 at 04:50 AM.
05-22-2013, 04:50 AM #14
HomelandSec
League Champion
Originally posted by CryoSasuke View Post
Terrible Reveal

The Dumb Name, Xbox one aka Trashbox Forever Alone

Not backwards compatible.

Kinect is mandatory and is bigger, uglier and more evil looking then before like the system

You have to install all games with a code you have to be online to enter, then to play that game on another xbox you have to pay a fee (may make it account so only account w code can play it)

500Gb hope you like deleting stuff installing all games.

Theres alot more but im done talking about failure

Stop causing a Console Wars in NextGenUpdate. Both systems have PROS and CONS because they are both different systems.
05-22-2013, 05:13 AM #15
JP
Israeli/Palestinian Unity
I guess its down to personal opinion but I don't like the name much and the design of the console is something I don't see as being attractive enough for the Asian market which is wear Sony will sell the most PS4's so thats a loss of competition in that market for a third time now. Its too early to say but I'm not really liking what I'm seeing with it. Btw I'm not a PS fanboy I'm just stating my opinion and that is all.
05-22-2013, 05:41 AM #16
Originally posted by HomelandSec View Post
Stop causing a Console Wars in NextGenUpdate. Both systems have PROS and CONS because they are both different systems.

Welcome to NGU. Home of Console Wars.
05-22-2013, 05:50 AM #17
Just4Hax
"I will speak ill of
Alright, seeing as most of the current arguments posted are rubbish I'd like to propose not why the Xbox One fails, but why that reveal was incredibly poor.

1. They spent a majority of the time about talking about how easy it would be to switch to tv and how it can have some interactivity with sports in the form of fantasy league. This would be fine except only the US really cherishes the NFL and the NBA. Then you narrow it down even further to those who actually give a damn about fantasy league. TV isn't anything new, and it definitely doesn't need a console for it.

2. Lack of games. I understand that they mentioned this was about the hardware, but come on. The only games mentioned were several multiplatform sports games, COD, Forza, and a small snip-it of the upcoming Quantum Break (which unveiled nothing). As of right now they mentioned that there would be 15 exclusives, 8 of them new IP's. When you consider that some of those will likely be Kinect only, that leaves 4 or 5. So we will see where that leads.

3. The fact they mentioned nothing about the hardware specs, just vague details.

4. The "always online" (every 24 hours) aspect sucks, as does always needing Kinect.

Overall, it's summed up with "TV, Sports, Call of Duty"
05-22-2013, 05:52 AM #18
Toph.
Banned
Originally posted by NP
Sorry, but I don't take threads with improper English ranting about a console that they've only seen an hour of seriously. Let's go down your list line by line.

Lines 1 and 2 are completely your opinion, and therefore are not valid.
Not backwards compatible is true, but the PS4 isn't backwards compatible either, therefore, no argument.
Line 4 is also your opinion, and also not a valid argument.
Line 5, from what I have gathered, is true, however, games are tied to your account, not the console. Second of all, it has not been confirmed for the PS4 yet, but there is strong suspicion a similar system will be implemented.
500GB at approx. 8GB = 60 games installed. I don't think anyone needs 60 games installed all at once. Plus Xbox One supports external memory. Another poor argument.
A lot more? Like what, please do elaborate.

You're just a young, immature Sony fan boy who thinks everything Sony pours out is Gold and everything Microsoft produces is shit. Next time you're going to make a thread, put some thought into it first.

yOu MaD bRuV???
05-22-2013, 05:52 AM #19
-Skyline
Anonymous
Originally posted by Founder
just want to point out one aspect that i think matters here y in this day would they low ball there ram?
they used ddr3. why not use ddr5 ram like i'm not on any side im in the middle of the consoles but sony is using ddr5.
thats my only rant and im disappointed that Sony went with amd but thats for a different section
You must login or register to view this content.

The PS4 is also 4K-ready, funny how out of no-where Micro$oft announce a 4K Blu-Ray player for the Xbox One as well, oh well it'll go nicely with the many many many many TV features... TV... TV... FUCKING TV!!
Last edited by -Skyline ; 05-22-2013 at 05:56 AM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo