Post: Credible Rumors Indicate Microsoft to pull complete reversal on XB1 DRM Policy
06-19-2013, 08:25 PM #1
NP Carling26
Trolling is a art
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Multiple sources close to MSFT are indicating they are going to be completely reversing their policies on the Xbox One DRM.

Originally posted by another user
The tug-of-war between You must login or register to view this content. and You must login or register to view this content. just got more interesting. Multiple sources inform me Microsoft will announce what amounts to a complete reversal on its DRM policies for Xbox One today.What does this mean?

• No more always online requirement
  • The console no longer has to check in every 24 hours
  • All game discs will work on Xbox One as they do on Xbox 360
  • An Internet connection is only required when initially setting up the console
  • All downloaded games will function the same when online or offline
  • No additional restrictions on trading games or loaning discs
  • Region locks have been dropped

It is unclear what caused this huge change in policy right after E3, a week where Microsoft executives spent days explaining, justifying, and talking about its policies to the press. I suspect Microsoft’s official announcement will say something to the effect of “we've been closely listening to consumer feedback.”
Based on what I’m being told, that’s definitely true.
I've reached out to Microsoft for comment.
Microsoft has taken an enormous amount of heat regarding DRM policies with its new console. Sony became consumer heroes at E3, announcing PlayStation 4 would not treat used games differently, and the status quo would reign. The company released this video, twisting the knife:

Sources: You must login or register to view this content.

You must login or register to view this content.

Edit:

Kotaku just broke reports as well. Apparently Microsoft is also updating the Q&A page.

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by NP Carling26 ; 06-19-2013 at 08:36 PM.

The following user thanked NP Carling26 for this useful post:

Soldier.
06-20-2013, 09:33 AM #20
xLew--
Former Staff
just got to remember they wanted this in the first place, what makes you think they are doing it for the gamers, nothing all they see is money! and loosing sales, they'll have another way of making money they wont just throw it away like that for nothing lol

yet people wont see that and be like hail the xbox180 its the best loool
06-20-2013, 04:26 PM #21
amplif1er
Why are you reading this?
Originally posted by xMo View Post
Your getting it all wrong, people love Xbox and trust me, what xbox has did just proved that companies do listen to their customers and 90% absolutely hated the new Xbox, but now, Xbox fans have a huge smile!

It's not about being weak or strong, its about making sure they will enjoy using it.

Dude you are so blind and naive, Microsoft only changed their 'strategy' simply because of the Huge backlash and projected loss of earnings based on pre-orders and polls. They only listened to consumers because they had no other choice, otherwise they were going to lose consumers. They have had this plan/roadmap set in place for a LONG time (YEARS) and after e3 and pre-orders were able to be taken it was very obvious they were going to lose Massive amounts of sales. So sorry but the only truth to your statement is Xbox users are smiling because they're not getting fucked as hard.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo