Post: Credible Rumors Indicate Microsoft to pull complete reversal on XB1 DRM Policy
06-19-2013, 08:25 PM #1
NP Carling26
Trolling is a art
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Multiple sources close to MSFT are indicating they are going to be completely reversing their policies on the Xbox One DRM.

Originally posted by another user
The tug-of-war between You must login or register to view this content. and You must login or register to view this content. just got more interesting. Multiple sources inform me Microsoft will announce what amounts to a complete reversal on its DRM policies for Xbox One today.What does this mean?

• No more always online requirement
  • The console no longer has to check in every 24 hours
  • All game discs will work on Xbox One as they do on Xbox 360
  • An Internet connection is only required when initially setting up the console
  • All downloaded games will function the same when online or offline
  • No additional restrictions on trading games or loaning discs
  • Region locks have been dropped

It is unclear what caused this huge change in policy right after E3, a week where Microsoft executives spent days explaining, justifying, and talking about its policies to the press. I suspect Microsoft’s official announcement will say something to the effect of “we've been closely listening to consumer feedback.”
Based on what I’m being told, that’s definitely true.
I've reached out to Microsoft for comment.
Microsoft has taken an enormous amount of heat regarding DRM policies with its new console. Sony became consumer heroes at E3, announcing PlayStation 4 would not treat used games differently, and the status quo would reign. The company released this video, twisting the knife:

Sources: You must login or register to view this content.

You must login or register to view this content.

Edit:

Kotaku just broke reports as well. Apparently Microsoft is also updating the Q&A page.

Last edited by NP Carling26 ; 06-19-2013 at 08:36 PM.

The following user thanked NP Carling26 for this useful post:

Soldier.
06-19-2013, 08:29 PM #2
If I pay 60$ for a game, I think I can do whatever the fuck I want to do with it.

The following user thanked Ninja for this useful post:

xMo
06-19-2013, 08:29 PM #3
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
That is pretty big if true!!
Thanks for posting.
06-19-2013, 08:30 PM #4
mack32
Hurah!
Originally posted by NP
Multiple sources close to MSFT are indicating they are going to be completely reversing their policies on the Xbox One DRM.

Sources: You must login or register to view this content.

Microsoft is still fucking up.This will make them look weak. Making nobody want to buy their products.
06-19-2013, 08:34 PM #5
Dman93
Crawl to your cross
never mind ...
Last edited by Dman93 ; 06-20-2013 at 12:20 AM.
06-19-2013, 08:35 PM #6
NP Carling26
Trolling is a art
Originally posted by mack32 View Post
Microsoft is still fucking up.This will make them look weak. Making nobody want to buy their products.

*Makes them look like they are listening to their customers' feedback and adjusting to what they want.

Fixed that for ya.
06-19-2013, 08:40 PM #7
Jango
I love my kitteh
E3 was the big game changer where everybody watched or heard about after the fact. This little rumor is not going to be heard very widely. And was the rumor true where the xbone would only work in 21 states in the united states?
06-19-2013, 08:41 PM #8
mack32
Hurah!
Originally posted by NP
*Makes them look like they are listening to their customers' feedback and adjusting to what they want.

Fixed that for ya.

The thing is that when the always online info came out nobody liked the idea and Microsoft still continued with it

The following user thanked mack32 for this useful post:

Scullzyy
06-19-2013, 08:59 PM #9
WINNERS_CIRCLE24
Who’s Jim Erased?
hope the xbox one gets hacked day one
06-19-2013, 09:04 PM #10
Groovy
Team Xbox
I hope this is correct, I was getting seriously put off being an Xbox fanboy :(

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.