01-27-2011, 01:41 AM #1
Haorld
Haxor!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey everyone,

There's so much great info on jailbreaking iPhone on NGU and I was wondering if there's any information on how I can unlock my iphone 4.

Thanks in advance!
01-27-2011, 06:09 AM #2
D@ EnVvY!
OMG did you read this?
Originally posted by Haorld View Post
Hey everyone,

There's so much great info on jailbreaking iPhone on NGU and I was wondering if there's any information on how I can unlock my iphone 4.

Thanks in advance!

What baseband do you have? Wich iOS are you running?
01-27-2011, 02:11 PM #3
Haorld
Haxor!
Originally posted by D
What baseband do you have? Wich iOS are you running?

I was thinking of buying an iphone 4G on ebay and doing the jailbreak and unlock myself....

I know you can jailbreak and iphone 4, but can we unlock them?
01-27-2011, 03:03 PM #4
I was thinking of buying an iphone 4G on ebay and doing the jailbreak and unlock myself....

I know you can jailbreak and iphone 4, but can we unlock them?

If the iphone is american or locked to a carrier with the 4.2.1, at the moment, you can't activate the phone.
01-27-2011, 03:06 PM #5
Haorld
Haxor!
Originally posted by simone86 View Post
If the iphone is american or locked to a carrier with the 4.2.1, at the moment, you can't activate the phone.

Darn. I've been reading so much conflicting information online that it's been difficult to suss out what the good info is.

Will we be able to jailbreak and unlock the american iphone 4g on 4.2.1 anytime soon?

this may be totally incorrect info, but cant you downgrade the iOS so that you can jailbreak and unlock the iphone 4?
01-27-2011, 03:13 PM #6
Darn. I've been reading so much conflicting information online that it's been difficult to suss out what the good info is.

Will we be able to jailbreak and unlock the american iphone 4g on 4.2.1 anytime soon?

this may be totally incorrect info, but cant you downgrade the iOS so that you can jailbreak and unlock the iphone 4?

so... you can downgrade your phone only if you have the SHSH on Saurik's server or on your computer (this means that, that iphone, was already jailbreaked in the past), but this doesn't solve the problem with the activation because the downgrade of the firmware doesn't downgrade the baseband of the phone = no iphone sim free.

I recommend to buy the iphone from europe or from italy that every italian iphone4 (and even UK (bought from an Apple Store) are Sim free.
01-27-2011, 03:20 PM #7
Haorld
Haxor!
Originally posted by simone86 View Post
so... you can downgrade your phone only if you have the SHSH on Saurik's server or on your computer (this means that, that iphone, was already jailbreaked in the past), but this doesn't solve the problem with the activation because the downgrade of the firmware doesn't downgrade the baseband of the phone = no iphone sim free.

I recommend to buy the iphone from europe or from italy that every italian iphone4 (and even UK (bought from an Apple Store) are Sim free.

Thanks for the info. Looks like I still have some more reading up to do regarding the iphone 4. Do you have any links to some guides?

Would I need to activate the iphone 4 in order to jailbreak/unlock it? I am in the USA and I do have a sim card as I am on AT&T but I was hoping to give a jailbroken/unlocked iphone 4 to my brother (who is also on AT&T) as a gift.
01-27-2011, 03:23 PM #8
Thanks for the info. Looks like I still have some more reading up to do regarding the iphone 4. Do you have any links to some guides?

Would I need to activate the iphone 4 in order to jailbreak/unlock it? I am in the USA and I do have a sim card as I am on AT&T but I was hoping to give a jailbroken/unlocked iphone 4 to my brother (who is also on AT&T) as a gift.

If you are american no problem. You can buy every american iphone 4 with every version. just insert the at&t sim card and activate it with itunes.
Then jailbreak the device with the beta version of redsnow 0.97. At the moment is a Semi-tethered jailbreak. The untethered will coming very soon
01-27-2011, 03:30 PM #9
D@ EnVvY!
OMG did you read this?

You will be able to unlock whene iOS 4.3 is released, then the dev-team will release there unlock, the source is musclenerds twitter 2-3 weeks ago Smile
01-27-2011, 03:33 PM #10
Haorld
Haxor!
Originally posted by D
You will be able to unlock whene iOS 4.3 is released, then the dev-team will release there unlock, the source is musclenerds twitter 2-3 weeks ago Smile

Thanks man! Yes, I saw that unlocking would be available once the 4.3 was released but i wasn't sure if that was good intel or garbage intel lol.

Any ideas on a release date for 4.3? if the info came out a few weeks ago should be soon?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo