11-28-2012, 09:48 AM #1
Life.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Hey guys.
After a game I just played I'm kinda led to believe that the zombie rankings are based on level. Not Skill.
Nearly every game I play I am always top of the scoreboard when its either 1, 2, 3 or 4 players.
I always have most kills, Most Revives and Most Head shots. But every friend I play with manages to have a higher rank than me. I'm higher on the leader boards than they are and I'm a lot more consistent with my games than they are. (They get to round 15 nearly every game. I get to round 20-25 every game.) But after this game i had just played (Like 5 minutes ago) I finally leveled up. I got to round 31 with a friend and then my game froze and had to turn my ps3 off.
After i came back on I had leveled up from the skull. To the skull with blue eyes.

So I am beginning to believe that the Zombie Ranks are not based on skill, but on what your highest rounds are.
I am going to try get to round 40, 50, 60 ect. and Ill report back with whether I rank up or not.
If I do then I will be almost 100% sure that it is based on rounds.

Hopefully this kinda gives people a little help.

Thanks.

EDIT:
I have started playing a lot more 'Grief Mode' and winning a few of those seemed to get my rank from the normal 'Skull' to the 'Skull with Blue Eyes' rank.

Also then, I began to just play 'Survival' instead of 'TranZit' and after playing one game and making it to round 31 I managed to get the 'Skull with Blue Eyes and 1 Knife behind it' rank.

So I would say it could possibly be based on winning 'Grief Mode' matches and also making it to higher rounds on 'Survival' instead of 'TranZit' game mode.

EDIT 2:
The ranking system is most likely based on your past 5 games.
Which would explain the 1-5 tally marks you get. You could possibly earn them by having a 'good game' which would mean if your past 3 out of 5 games were good(I'm going to say above 20-25) then you will get a tally mark. Which would mean when you have 3 tally marks that means you had 3 'good games' out of your past 5 'good games'
I'm going to say you have to get over 20-25 to get a tally mark. So once you get 5 'good games' you will get blue eyes, and if you are more consistent with these then you will rank up.
THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED. IT IS WHAT I AM LED TO BELIEVE FROM ALL THE PAST GAMES I HAVE PLAYED.
Also if you are inactive on zombies for over a day or two you will be de-ranked. I was away for around almost 2 days and I was pushed back to the skull.

WAYS TO GET DERANKESad Awesome
1. By not playing for a consecutive no. of days. Eg. 2-3 days.
2. Leaving when you are in mid-game.
3. Getting downed ALOT of times in a single game(20+)
4. Playing bad overall for a consecutive no. of games.

KEEP POSTING GUYS! WE ARE GETTING CLOSE!!
Last edited by Life. ; 12-04-2012 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Updating Theory. + Adding 'Way's to get De-Ranked'.

The following user thanked Life. for this useful post:

K5‎‎
11-30-2012, 02:25 PM #20
Life.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Originally posted by Erbal View Post
I just got the shotguns with blue eyes after 3 tranzit games in a row that were all over round 40, one of which was round 50.

Which is exactly why I think the rank system is based on level. NOT STATS. Which I don't understand. Why not stats? Or something that can separate the good players from the players that get carried by there friends and still manage to get high emblem ranks.
11-30-2012, 07:59 PM #21
Erbal
Bounty hunter
I am 99% convinced that stats are not a factor in zombie ranks.

I have a friend who always had higher stats than me (I just now caught up) and he still doesn't have shotguns.

But another friend has 1/3rd the stats I do and he got shotguns the day before I did just because when he does play, he plays with good people and they always go far.

I remember once I had a few tranzit games in a row over round 25, I got the knife emblem. A few games over 30 got me the knife + blue eyes.

I had a round 50 game, no shotguns. Then a round 46 solo, nothing. And the next game was 41 solo, boom, shotguns. It has to be some kind of average round for your last 5 games or something.
11-30-2012, 08:57 PM #22
Life.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Originally posted by Erbal View Post
I am 99% convinced that stats are not a factor in zombie ranks.

I have a friend who always had higher stats than me (I just now caught up) and he still doesn't have shotguns.

But another friend has 1/3rd the stats I do and he got shotguns the day before I did just because when he does play, he plays with good people and they always go far.

I remember once I had a few tranzit games in a row over round 25, I got the knife emblem. A few games over 30 got me the knife + blue eyes.

I had a round 50 game, no shotguns. Then a round 46 solo, nothing. And the next game was 41 solo, boom, shotguns. It has to be some kind of average round for your last 5 games or something.

Thank you!
This is exactly my theory.
But for some reason there is something making me think this possibly isn't the right one.
I feel like there is something else. And I think we are close to finding out.
11-30-2012, 09:37 PM #23
vSaBoTeuR x
< ^ > < ^ >
Stats don't play a role in the leveling system. There is enough evidence to support that statement.

We're overlooking something because we're trying to hard to find that something.
12-01-2012, 01:25 AM #24
Erbal
Bounty hunter
I have more info now, if it helps anyone.

I got my shotguns and the next day I played my first game with shotgun emblems, survival depot. I played bad (was messing around), had like half of the kills the next guy had, and we only made it to round 18.

That depot game deranked and I lost my shotguns.

My next game was tranzit, round 35. I was shredding like I've been doing this last week... we ended the game on purpose at level 35 and now I have my shotguns again.

So I think the ranking system is some kind of average for rounds played COMBINED with how well you do in those games, like if you are struggling and getting carried through the game you won't get rewarded as much.
12-02-2012, 12:26 AM #25
QuicKxReFLeXx
Treasure hunter
Hmm, does grief mode rank you up? Pretty sure getting a lot of wins will rank you up.
12-02-2012, 03:05 AM #26
i dont know dude i was skull with blue eyes and then i didnt play for 2 days and i went back to the 2 bones..... wtf treyarch
12-02-2012, 08:22 AM #27
Life.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Originally posted by xAristocratic View Post
i dont know dude i was skull with blue eyes and then i didnt play for 2 days and i went back to the 2 bones..... wtf treyarch

You get demoted for not playing for a consecutive amount of days. It sucks but that is how it is.
12-02-2012, 03:43 PM #28
ady
Can’t trickshot me!
i didnt play for a week or so, i was blue eyes emblem, but i got deranked for not playing so i was like wtf, then me and 3 others tried the easteregg, we got round 9 or something crap and host ended game, then i had knife behind skull emblem, so its just eff'd up at the minute.

also im led to believe if someone in zombies times out (not host can be anyone), from the moment he times out nothing counts, and if some things do count, the rounds survived do not, a guy timed out at round 20, i made it to round 30 solo (there was 2 more but they died every round), just using m16 so i had like 400k+ score at the end of the game, it showed i only made it to round 20 and the game was 100min long, it was much much longer, if this is a glitch it needs sorting asap as people seem to time out alot in this game and a 4hr+ game doesnt count each time just irritates me like hell, makes me wana solo all the time, but solo is boring

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo