08-12-2011, 09:31 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); All content below are theories only, most have led to a dead end but may become some sort of use in the near future.

hey guys,i've recently been busy with my "Z-HaVoC" patch for cod4 & i've decided to release the tutorial on how to get custom maps to load on playstation 3 without backing up your disk,in this tutorial you will need an official mappack custom map(will explain below) & a brain on how to load/use it.

NOTE: this will NOT work with any mates unless he has it to,so talk to your jailbreaking friends first before reading this post.

heres how to do it:
1.first off,your going to need a official mappack custom map,to get this map,contact me & i will link you ASAP to the map you want ported(this isnt a lie,i told you guys i knew it,& im giving you the chance to play on it)
2.once you got both map fast files(so in this case,my custom map is called killhouse),your going to need to open up your ftp server & locate the following:
Dev_Hdd0 > GAME > BLES00148 > USDIR > Map Pack 1(or what ever its called) > killhouse
once you found the mapname that your custom map is named your going to overwrite the map files with your modified ones.
3.now run cod4,load multiplayer & start the checkered map(go to private match > bonus map > the map that is custom) & load the game,if its correct it should work,if not,read below for 2 other ways you can get it to work.

2 more ways you can load your map
way 1:back-up
1.make a back-up of cod4 with multiman(or whatever back-up manager you use) & copy your map files to the folders that are shown above(read tut above for guide).
2.get an old ps3 game that you dont want and place it in your disk drive.
3.load up multiman and copy your back-up of cod4 to the disk & overwrite.
4.load up cod4 & start you map

way 2:Bypass
NOTE:this way may/may not work in some cases,just give it a try

1.open up ftp & copy the BLES00148 folder to your desktop
2.place your custom map in the map pack folder.
3.go onto your ps3 & delete the patch,then load up your ftp again.
4.copy the whole folder to: Dev_Hdd0 > GAME
5.load up cod4(bypassed or offline)
6.start the custom map & play(if it doesn't appear,read below)

if #6 doesn't work: do the Gpad Hacks & type in one of the code:
Originally posted by another user
ui_mapname mp_broadcast
ui_mapname mp_chinatown
ui_mapname mp_killhouse
ui_mapname mp_creak

EDIT: another 2 ways you can do it

way 3: offline back-up(easier)

1.backup cod4 & copy the map pack folder to your desktop
2.get your custom ported map(off me) & place it into the map pack file(depending on what the custom map is named,e.g killhouse,broadcast)
3.place the map file back onto your ps3 with your back-up version
4.start your backup with multiman(sometimes it gives errors,or wrong version of multiman)
5.load up the map pack map & play offline in splitscreen/LAN

way 4:burning disk-to-disk(harder)(will cost)

1.backup cod4 & find a spare cd(a plain one) & place it into your disk drive
2.burn cod4 onto the cd(make sure the cd`s 10gb or more) & place into your pc.
3.open my computer > [disk name here] & you will see the cod4 folder inside.
4.get a plain blueray disk(blueray computer needed)& place it into your 2ND drive on your pc.
5.burn cod4 from the plain cd over to the blueray disk & add the following files:You must login or register to view this content.
6.make sure the folders are layed out like the following:
Originally posted by another user
BLES0148(inside the folder) >
-PS3_UPDATE > PS3UPDAT.PUP
-PS3_GAME >[game files in here,e.g: usdir,icon,maps etc...]
-PS3_DISC.SFB

FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T BELIEVE or think no maps have been made
the maps are over 150mb each,the reasons why i Havant released yet:
1.we did a quick map test & got a file size error(which the map was 16mb)so we had to make it the same or over its file limit for killhouse or broadcast.
2.it took 2 hours to compile + it'll take 3 hours to copy over to the ps3 + 1 extra hour to upload to mediafire.

i will release eventually as soon as i get the maps back on my ps3.

NOTICE: All these are theories, all have ran into errors but its still a possibility that this is the right way forward.

Last edited by Uk_ViiPeR ; 05-26-2013 at 03:47 PM.

The following 21 users say thank you to Uk_ViiPeR for this useful post:

Adamâ„¢, Alfa, MeowDev, Bama205, Choco, Clanor, Correy, Diddles2Fresshh, Docko412, donsta3000, Dreamcather, drive4567, FourzerotwoFAILS, little_legz, Rainbow Gravity, Solid Snake, Vampytwistッ, x_DaftVader_x, xEMINEMx, xMrCheatVisionx, xSOADx
10-23-2011, 10:15 AM #65
Originally posted by ZBAZ View Post
Yo can you link me up?

read what i said,i imply dont have alot of time to finish off the compiling because i got exams in 1 month,after that ill work on it more often.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo