02-13-2012, 08:28 PM #1
Amanda
Can’t trickshot me!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Note: All these things below have been tested and work perfectly on PC. I need someone to test them on PS3 too. If it works, then we will have endless posibilities for Mods and MW2 style Menus Smile

With 263 more strings available we can create over 200 sub-menus, with unlimited options in the same patch, or use a MW2 style menu with over 200 options!

The only limitation to this method is that we need the rank.gsc intact in the patch. This means that if we rename it in order to clear it and write our own scripts in it, then the game will read it from the disc and the trick will not work.

The method to save strings is simple! We just make the game not to read and precache all the challenge names from the .csv file, but we give all challenges a name of our choice, the same name! For example if someone in the game achieves 100 Headshots with the M40A3 the following message would appear: CHALLENGE COMPLETED. M40A3 EXPERT. ACHIEVE 100 HEADSHOTS WITH THIS WEAPON. Now with the modified data this message will appear when the player completes the same challenge or any other challenge: CHALLENGE COMPLETED. HIDDEN CHALLENGE!

Here is the only change you should do in rank.gsc
Find the function BuildChallengeInfo() and modify it as shown in the picture!

You must login or register to view this content.

Here is some proof that actually works on PC! I believe that it works on a PS3 too because they both read the strings from the .csv file and then precache them, but need someone to test for sure!

Function used for the test:

StringTest() {
display = createFontString("default",1.5 ,self);
display setPoint("CENTER","CENTER",0,0);
i=0;
for(;Winky Winky
{
display setText("^6We love Patty " + i + " <3");
i++;
wait 1;
}
}

as a sub thread on PlayerSpawned();

Results:
PC originally supports up to 90 extra strings!
By removing the challenges names, it supports 353 custom strings such as Menu Options etc.
So we saved 353 - 90 = 263 more strings!
263 is almost the number of challenges that exist in the game!
PS3 supports near 30 strings, 60 less than PC.
But it shares the same 263 challenges...
So what if we remove their names?
If this works the same way, that means that we will have 233 free strings to use on a PS3 without worrying for an overflow anymore!

The only limitation we will have is the size of the rawfiles Winky Winky
Last edited by x_DaftVader_x ; 04-21-2012 at 02:45 PM. Reason: updated tinypic link for you..

The following 37 users say thank you to Amanda for this useful post:

aerosoul94, Baby-panama, BossamBemass, Choco, codybenti, Correy, d7w7z, DlBSY993, EpiiiCxDGx, Full-Evil, FutureOps, IELIITEMODZX, iiReFuZee, iPROFamily, iReset Nigga, IVI40A3Fusionz, Jacob-And-Britt, KCxFTW, Kush Friendly, Loxy, oCmKs_4_LiFe, Cmd-X, Rainbow Gravity, Right, Taylor, TheFuziioN-, ThePhantom410., Uk_ViiPeR, Vampytwistッ, x_DaftVader_x, xHeAVeN, xMrCheatVisionx, xMrSuperMoDzZ--
02-14-2012, 06:54 PM #56
Karoolus
I'm the W@W Menu Guy !
Originally posted by IELIITEMODZX View Post
wait lol are you saying im rong ?

yeah.. if someone opens all the submenus, all the options in the menu will have been added to the list of strings.. if someone else opens the menu & browses it ENTIRELY, it will just recall the strings, but it won't count them again, cause they already exist in the string-list..
so this way, if you make sure that ALL the options in your menu aren't more than 200, it'll never overflow just from browsing the menu, no matter WHO does it, or how many times..

get it ?
Last edited by Karoolus ; 02-14-2012 at 06:57 PM.

The following user thanked Karoolus for this useful post:

iReset Nigga
02-14-2012, 06:57 PM #57
well befor this fix when we used \n it never overflowed when i opened all my sub menu's, but when more then 5 people opened the sub menu's it overflowed :/
02-14-2012, 06:58 PM #58
IVI40A3Fusionz
Former Gaming Squad Member
Originally posted by Karoolus View Post
yeah.. if someone opens all the submenus, all the options in the menu will have been added to the list of strings.. if someone else opens the menu & browses it ENTIRELY, it will just recall the strings, but it won't count them again..
so this way, if you make sure that ALL the options in your menu aren't more than 200, it'll never overflow just from browsing the menu, no matter WHO does it, or how many times..

get it ?

How come before this and whole \n stuff when i used a menu with 20 options and i opened every sub menu and saw all 20 of those options when someone else opened the menu and that sub menu had 4+ options it would overflow? Explain that please?
02-14-2012, 07:00 PM #59
Karoolus
I'm the W@W Menu Guy !
well befor this fix when we used \n it never overflowed when i opened all my sub menu's, but when more then 5 people opened the sub menu's it overflowed :/

mmhm..
idk about that, you should be able to try it in an online game..
02-14-2012, 07:01 PM #60
mmhm..
idk about that, you should be able to try it in an online game..
ask all the people that host online with there menu's they will say the same thing Happy
02-14-2012, 07:01 PM #61
Karoolus
I'm the W@W Menu Guy !
Originally posted by IVI40A3Fusionz View Post
How come before this and whole \n stuff when i used a menu with 20 options and i opened every sub menu and saw all 20 of those options when someone else opened the menu and that sub menu had 4+ options it would overflow? Explain that please?

i don't know.. i'm just interpreting what amanda said, i noticed that there are more strings available, but i'm not entirely sure if it works the way that i said it does..
02-14-2012, 07:03 PM #62
IVI40A3Fusionz
Former Gaming Squad Member
i don't know.. i'm just interpreting what amanda said, i noticed that there are more strings available, but i'm not entirely sure if it works the way that i said it does..

Going on past experience. I thought the game didn't care how many people were in the game etc... but if the level went over 24 or 25 unique strings in one game than it will overflow even if another person sees the same options as you it still counts towards the overflow, you get what i mean?
02-14-2012, 07:06 PM #63
Karoolus
I'm the W@W Menu Guy !
ask all the people that host online with there menu's they will say the same thing Happy

i know, i've had it happen as well..
i'm trying to think of...

OOOOH !!!
wait a minute..

(this is just an idea, just trying to come up with a logical explanation)

right now everyone uses self.option etc, so it recreates the string everytime.. it might be exactly the same string, but it's possible that it still counts as a new string, right ?

what if we made that level.option, so it creates the menu only once for the entire level (i did this once in an attempt to fix the overflow, but that was before we had \n
this way, everyone calls the level.option strings, without recreating the entire menu everytime someone is verified..

how does that sound ?
02-14-2012, 07:11 PM #64
my menu runs like that but it still overflows

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo