01-09-2012, 07:11 PM #1
Xx--AIDAN--xX
One Man Army
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Activision has purchased blackops2.com, suggesting that a sequel to Call of Duty: Black Ops could be in the works. The publisher previously purchased domains up to Black Ops 6, with 2 being noticeably absent from the list, but that domain has now joined Activision's collection.

According to a report by Fusible, the domain is owned by MarkMonitor, an "internet brand protection company" that "caters to over half the Fortune 100, of which Activision is a client." The domain's WhoIs data shows that it was last updated on January 6th.

This could be as simple as Activision protecting its copyright by grabbing the domain early, but considering that Black Ops sold over 14 million copies, a sequel is certainly not out of the question. A recent job listing suggests that a Call of Duty game is in active development, though we don't know if it will be Black Ops 2 or something different entirely.

Black Ops 2 can only be considered a rumor for now, but we've reached out to Activision and will update with any comment we receive.
01-09-2012, 09:15 PM #11
Curz
CurzHD
Originally posted by alcapoter View Post
youve hated COD5 and 7?
they are the best cod made, not too much unblanaced stuff, great imrpovements over the previous treyarch games, unlike MW2.5
COD 5 was the 2nd best COD (next to COD4) but it had to fit the shoes of the biggest shooter of all time, so your expectations where super high and you tought it sucked, or maybe you sucked at it. WAW was an extremely great game so was black ops for all its innovative features (theater, player cards, game modes)

you talk like blackops didnt had zombies...

no i mean treyarch is so damn stupid i hope they add it again
01-09-2012, 10:11 PM #12
I really don't understand how people can say that Treyarch are a shit.
They've made the biggest innovations and change to the COD series since CoD4, and what do IW do? Take a step ****ing backwards and remove all the awesome stuff Treyarch added to the series from their copy and paste game.

I like Infinity Ward, and I love CoD4, but since CoD4 IW have done nothing to try and drastically improve the game, whereas Treyarch have.

-Combat Record
-Theater Mode
-Wager Matches
-Custom Emblems
-Much more custom game modes
-Better Search Function
All on top of an awesome time settings with all new guns, maps, and perks.

What do IW do? Remove all that from the game, use the same time era (which is fine since its a trilogy, but still), use lots of the guns from MW2 and CoD4. Use a lot of the maps from MW2 and CoD4 changed around for single player and multiplayer and some new perks.

People need to take their head out of their asses and see who the real better team is.

The following user thanked FlyingIrishMan for this useful post:

chrisauh
01-09-2012, 10:17 PM #13
xVoltagee--
Do a barrel roll!
Another fail for the CoD Community.
01-09-2012, 10:23 PM #14
Originally posted by FlyingIrishMan View Post
I really don't understand how people can say that Treyarch are a shit.
They've made the biggest innovations and change to the COD series since CoD4, and what do IW do? Take a step ****ing backwards and remove all the awesome stuff Treyarch added to the series from their copy and paste game.

I like Infinity Ward, and I love CoD4, but since CoD4 IW have done nothing to try and drastically improve the game, whereas Treyarch have.

-Combat Record
-Theater Mode
-Wager Matches
-Custom Emblems
-Much more custom game modes
-Better Search Function
All on top of an awesome time settings with all new guns, maps, and perks.

What do IW do? Remove all that from the game, use the same time era (which is fine since its a trilogy, but still), use lots of the guns from MW2 and CoD4. Use a lot of the maps from MW2 and CoD4 changed around for single player and multiplayer and some new perks.

People need to take their head out of their asses and see who the real better team is.

but IW Make a better game. sure it doesn't have all the best options and menus etc before games... but whats the point in having all that, if the gameplays shit?
solution?:
let IW Make the game and let Treyarch design stuff like the menus and extra settings :p
01-09-2012, 10:54 PM #15
Originally posted by Stergs
but IW Make a better game. sure it doesn't have all the best options and menus etc before games... but whats the point in having all that, if the gameplays shit?
solution?:
let IW Make the game and let Treyarch design stuff like the menus and extra settings :p

And then we let Sledgehammer take all the credit:carling:
01-09-2012, 11:17 PM #16
Chaz
Tremble Underfoot
Originally posted by xMo View Post
Black ops is fail, Mw3 is a mega fail, not much improvments in mw3 - lets hope we can back in the cod world when next cod comes out

How can you possibly want to buy another game in the series? They have set a precedent of not improving much,
and the next game will likely be a fail as well. I wonder how long it'll take for people to realize that :dumb:
01-09-2012, 11:19 PM #17
lilnatsfan44
At least I can fight
godddd daaammmmiitttttttt. i want something new!
01-09-2012, 11:20 PM #18
Da_Dope_Boy
Do a barrel roll!
It's single player was awesome, but MP and zombies weren't as great as the past games. Hopefully they can fix their mistakes with this iteration.

The following user groaned Da_Dope_Boy for this awful post:

MagesticTiger
01-09-2012, 11:22 PM #19
WASTEDFREEDOM
WastedWorldWide on Youtube
Originally posted by IVI40A3Fusionz View Post
If there's a Black Ops 2 im gonna loose all faith in the CoD series Black Ops sucked (my opinion im allowed to state my opinion) quite frankly I've hated every single cod that Treyarch have produced since W@W, W@W and Black Ops in my opinion ruined the CoD franchise.

the only good call of duty games were cod4 and cod5 after that they sucked !! lol Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo