01-09-2012, 07:11 PM #1
Xx--AIDAN--xX
One Man Army
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Activision has purchased blackops2.com, suggesting that a sequel to Call of Duty: Black Ops could be in the works. The publisher previously purchased domains up to Black Ops 6, with 2 being noticeably absent from the list, but that domain has now joined Activision's collection.

According to a report by Fusible, the domain is owned by MarkMonitor, an "internet brand protection company" that "caters to over half the Fortune 100, of which Activision is a client." The domain's WhoIs data shows that it was last updated on January 6th.

This could be as simple as Activision protecting its copyright by grabbing the domain early, but considering that Black Ops sold over 14 million copies, a sequel is certainly not out of the question. A recent job listing suggests that a Call of Duty game is in active development, though we don't know if it will be Black Ops 2 or something different entirely.

Black Ops 2 can only be considered a rumor for now, but we've reached out to Activision and will update with any comment we receive.
01-10-2012, 07:08 PM #29
FIFACoinStore
FIFA COIN SUPPLIER
Everyone here who is pissed at black ops is just because it didnt get hacked or it didnt have CL ... because it was a more secure game all you guys who love MW2 are just CL fans and probably only come on here to go to the MW2 exploits and hacks threads and say CL PLZ !
01-10-2012, 09:08 PM #30
Drug Dealer
THE DEALER
Rather have a new World War 2 game than crap ops 2. And Treyarch ruined zombies in Black Ops so not looking forward to a zombie game either.. :-p
01-10-2012, 09:22 PM #31
Mezzid
< ^ > < ^ >
I loved WaW, Black Ops not so much, But I did enjoy zombies for sure.
Just hoping they make it play more smoother and not the treyarch way.. like IW Smile!
Also the colours on the Modern Warfare franchise are way more colourfull and look way better IMO.
01-13-2012, 04:09 AM #32
Cubs
Next year is the year..
to be honest, i'm not sure what you guys expect. when you buy the new call of dutys, do you expect them to be completely different while also being amazing? that's hard to do. after 8 cods, there aren't many major changes that can be made, just tweaks and little improvements
01-13-2012, 08:54 AM #33
IDontbreak
Cake is a lie
Originally posted by alcapoter View Post
youve hated COD5 and 7?
they are the best cod made, not too much unblanaced stuff, great imrpovements over the previous treyarch games, unlike MW2.5
COD 5 was the 2nd best COD (next to COD4) but it had to fit the shoes of the biggest shooter of all time, so your expectations where super high and you tought it sucked, or maybe you sucked at it. WAW was an extremely great game so was black ops for all its innovative features (theater, player cards, game modes)

you talk like blackops didnt had zombies...

New improovements? Who cares.
Have you even seen the gameplay,graphics, community? Its slow as ****, boring as hell. No challenge whatsoever. I stopped playing this shit when I reached 1000 000 Cod points. The series has been adapted to prepuberty brits who just scream in the mikes with their deathstreaks.

I miss the days when everyone played Counter Strike, COD3, COD4 maybe Cod5.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Originally posted by Lobbies View Post
to be honest, i'm not sure what you guys expect. when you buy the new call of dutys, do you expect them to be completely different while also being amazing? that's hard to do. after 8 cods, there aren't many major changes that can be made, just tweaks and little improvements

No we dont. We want the same game but with balancing improovements, Maps & guns. We do NOT want new features which 2 year olds could handle. HAvent you brainwashed **** realized that they ONLY make COD to cash in money? THey dont care how fun it is, aslong as it is addictive & people buy it.
01-13-2012, 01:11 PM #34
Repetition
dem feels
well it better have zombies or im not getting it
01-15-2012, 01:54 AM #35
xKtF
In my man cave
Originally posted by IVI40A3Fusionz View Post
If there's a Black Ops 2 im gonna loose all faith in the CoD series Black Ops sucked (my opinion im allowed to state my opinion) quite frankly I've hated every single cod that Treyarch have produced since W@W, W@W and Black Ops in my opinion ruined the CoD franchise.
trey-arch is something they release something new like a year after the other one makes one to keep us unbored think about it cod4>w@w mw2>black ops mw3>blackops2 or w/e the name is:dance:
01-15-2012, 01:58 AM #36
Originally posted by xX View Post
Activision has purchased blackops2.com, suggesting that a sequel to Call of Duty: Black Ops could be in the works. The publisher previously purchased domains up to Black Ops 6, with 2 being noticeably absent from the list, but that domain has now joined Activision's collection.

According to a report by Fusible, the domain is owned by MarkMonitor, an "internet brand protection company" that "caters to over half the Fortune 100, of which Activision is a client." The domain's WhoIs data shows that it was last updated on January 6th.

This could be as simple as Activision protecting its copyright by grabbing the domain early, but considering that Black Ops sold over 14 million copies, a sequel is certainly not out of the question. A recent job listing suggests that a Call of Duty game is in active development, though we don't know if it will be Black Ops 2 or something different entirely.

Black Ops 2 can only be considered a rumor for now, but we've reached out to Activision and will update with any comment we receive.

If Treyarch fixes the issues from the previous game... then i will buy it. Because, in my opinion black ops has some good maps and the maps are really fun with the game types that are in the game.
01-17-2012, 06:31 PM #37
I'm actually excited for this! I love Black Ops and I still play it over MW3. So, I'm happy with a Black Ops 2!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo