01-09-2012, 07:11 PM #1
Xx--AIDAN--xX
One Man Army
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Activision has purchased blackops2.com, suggesting that a sequel to Call of Duty: Black Ops could be in the works. The publisher previously purchased domains up to Black Ops 6, with 2 being noticeably absent from the list, but that domain has now joined Activision's collection.

According to a report by Fusible, the domain is owned by MarkMonitor, an "internet brand protection company" that "caters to over half the Fortune 100, of which Activision is a client." The domain's WhoIs data shows that it was last updated on January 6th.

This could be as simple as Activision protecting its copyright by grabbing the domain early, but considering that Black Ops sold over 14 million copies, a sequel is certainly not out of the question. A recent job listing suggests that a Call of Duty game is in active development, though we don't know if it will be Black Ops 2 or something different entirely.

Black Ops 2 can only be considered a rumor for now, but we've reached out to Activision and will update with any comment we receive.
01-09-2012, 07:20 PM #2
IVI40A3Fusionz
Former Gaming Squad Member
Originally posted by xX View Post
Activision has purchased blackops2.com, suggesting that a sequel to Call of Duty: Black Ops could be in the works. The publisher previously purchased domains up to Black Ops 6, with 2 being noticeably absent from the list, but that domain has now joined Activision's collection.

According to a report by Fusible, the domain is owned by MarkMonitor, an "internet brand protection company" that "caters to over half the Fortune 100, of which Activision is a client." The domain's WhoIs data shows that it was last updated on January 6th.

This could be as simple as Activision protecting its copyright by grabbing the domain early, but considering that Black Ops sold over 14 million copies, a sequel is certainly not out of the question. A recent job listing suggests that a Call of Duty game is in active development, though we don't know if it will be Black Ops 2 or something different entirely.

Black Ops 2 can only be considered a rumor for now, but we've reached out to Activision and will update with any comment we receive.

If there's a Black Ops 2 im gonna loose all faith in the CoD series Black Ops sucked (my opinion im allowed to state my opinion) quite frankly I've hated every single cod that Treyarch have produced since W@W, W@W and Black Ops in my opinion ruined the CoD franchise.

The following 4 users say thank you to IVI40A3Fusionz for this useful post:

IDontbreak, LightModz, Pro Era, ResistElite,

The following 16 users groaned at IVI40A3Fusionz for this awful post:

alcapoter, ARVINLOCOx, bamf526, Chaz, Cubs, Drug Dealer, Eminem., FlyingIrishMan, Friday15, HappyGilmore, IcyDose, MagesticTiger, User23434, Rip The Jacker, Superdry▪, SwivelONthis
01-09-2012, 07:24 PM #3
Xx--AIDAN--xX
One Man Army
Originally posted by IVI40A3Fusionz View Post
If there's a Black Ops 2 im gonna loose all faith in the CoD series Black Ops sucked (my opinion im allowed to state my opinion) quite frankly I've hated every single cod that Treyarch have produced since W@W, W@W and Black Ops in my opinion ruined the CoD franchise.
hm same but hopefully they learn from there mistakes and stop making shit games Smile

The following 5 users groaned at Xx--AIDAN--xX for this awful post:

ARVINLOCOx, Cubs, Friday15, IcyDose, SwivelONthis
01-09-2012, 07:27 PM #4
Mr Grumpy
< ^ > < ^ >
Just make a Zombies game, hardly nobody likes their multiplayer. Although I doubt they will make one, since the Zombies franchise finished :(
01-09-2012, 07:28 PM #5
IVI40A3Fusionz
Originally posted by xX View Post
hm same but hopefully they learn from there mistakes and stop making shit games Smile

I have a really bad anger problem so you don't know how many new controllers i had to buy in one year just because of Black Ops :\. In the end i just strapped the disc to a firework and watched it go up Happy.
01-09-2012, 08:18 PM #6
Steeldude1
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Bin
Just make a Zombies game, hardly nobody likes their multiplayer. Although I doubt they will make one, since the Zombies franchise finished :(

I dont believe that zombies is entirely over with. Treyarch started the story with W@W, Im thinking they could start a new story or something to keep it going. I personally only bought blackops for the zombies and I think that they just wont end Zombie Mode after all they put out.
01-09-2012, 08:33 PM #7
Curz
CurzHD
it would be nice if they came out with another black ops, and if they do hopefully they are smart enough to add zombies in it.
01-09-2012, 08:43 PM #8
Originally posted by IVI40A3Fusionz View Post

youve hated COD5 and 7?
they are the best cod made, not too much unblanaced stuff, great imrpovements over the previous treyarch games, unlike MW2.5
COD 5 was the 2nd best COD (next to COD4) but it had to fit the shoes of the biggest shooter of all time, so your expectations where super high and you tought it sucked, or maybe you sucked at it. WAW was an extremely great game so was black ops for all its innovative features (theater, player cards, game modes)

Originally posted by FlaTexD
it would be nice if they came out with another black ops, and if they do hopefully they are smart enough to add zombies in it.

you talk like blackops didnt had zombies...
01-09-2012, 08:49 PM #9
xMo
League Champion
Black ops is fail, Mw3 is a mega fail, not much improvments in mw3 - lets hope we can back in the cod world when next cod comes out

The following user thanked xMo for this useful post:

IDontbreak

The following user groaned xMo for this awful post:

Shootprado
01-09-2012, 08:56 PM #10
IVI40A3Fusionz
Originally posted by alcapoter View Post
youve hated COD5 and 7?
they are the best cod made, not too much unblanaced stuff, great imrpovements over the previous treyarch games, unlike MW2.5
COD 5 was the 2nd best COD (next to COD4) but it had to fit the shoes of the biggest shooter of all time, so your expectations where super high and you tought it sucked, or maybe you sucked at it. WAW was an extremely great game so was black ops for all its innovative features (theater, player cards, game modes)

you talk like blackops didnt had zombies...

I'm allowed to speak my opinion, i didn't suck at W@W i had a 4.00+ k/d ratio black ops i had above a 4.00 k/d ratio, in all the cods I've played I've kept a 3.50+ k/d ratio which isn't hard, I've played in many major tournaments at MLG level (Meaning i've played in the MLG Live Circuit) I've met some MLG Pros, so i wouldn't actually say i sucked at it Winky Winky. Reason i didn't like black ops is because of the level of camping and noob tubing through the whole year the game was out, MW2 only started to have campers and noob tubers around the half way mark of the game when everyone found out about good spots and OMA and Danger Close.

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Originally posted by xMo View Post
Black ops is fail, Mw3 is a mega fail, not much improvments in mw3 - lets hope we can back in the cod world when next cod comes out

Finally someone has a bit of CoD knowledge :\.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo