11-21-2012, 07:11 PM #1
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So I have the pleasure of playing this game on wireless and wired.
Lets say it a night and day thing.

Without a doubt you can tell the difference off the bat.
Playing on wireless = aids
Wired = heaven.

For the guys bitching about lag issues go wired. It won't fix all your problems but should improve it.
Most of my games wired have been 4 bar without lag. Wireless 3 bar in which case nothing you can do to win.
Feel sorry for anyody who has to run wireless I do. If you do upgrade your router to a fancy dual band one.

The following 7 users say thank you to ResistTheSun for this useful post:

ResistTheMoon, HomelandSec, iP4Y, Millz, Porter_Justice, Rath, Stone
11-21-2012, 08:23 PM #11
Damn I wish my router was in my room. It's in the room right by mine and I feel like I get a lot of wireless lag (even though I 4-bar most of the time and still get host too). I know being wired would make it a lot better. I may need to buy a long ethernet cord or something and use that for wired.
11-21-2012, 08:36 PM #12
Rath
Today Will Be Different
I usually run wireless for the convenience of putting my PS3s anywhere and having access to the internet for basic things like voice chats etc. I've occasionally ran wired and prefer if over wireless any day. However I don't feel like entirely relocating my gaming setup to another room or downstairs just to be able to wire myself up to our network. :p
11-21-2012, 08:50 PM #13
HomelandSec
League Champion
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
So I have the pleasure of playing this game on wireless and wired.

Wired = heaven.

For the guys bitching about lag issues go wired. It won't fix all your problems but should improve it.
Most of my games wired have been 4 bar without lag. Wireless 3 bar in which case nothing you can do to win.
Feel sorry for anyody who has to run wireless I do. If you do upgrade your router to a fancy dual band one.

Good information, might try this at my older sister house and see if my connection improves even more.

OT.I have a 2.30 Download- 0.30 Download- I use wifi, and always get 4 bars without no lag
11-21-2012, 08:56 PM #14
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by DEREKTROTTER View Post
i play wireless upstairs with router downstairs (about 20 ft away)

get 4 bar connection always and get host most of the time Smile

just what he said
11-21-2012, 10:02 PM #15
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by x0xo View Post
Good information, might try this at my older sister house and see if my connection improves even more.

OT.I have a 2.30 Download- 0.30 Download- I use wifi, and always get 4 bars without no lag

At first I was thinking it just me being new to the game but very quickly it was not.
I always get 3 bar on wireless , router is bit crappy lol

Originally posted by DEREKTROTTER View Post
i play wireless upstairs with router downstairs (about 20 ft away)

get 4 bar connection always and get host most of the time Smile

I get host on wireless sometimes but host is more often on wired.
Also lucky you.

Originally posted by iZigg View Post
I feel like its a no-brainer that playing on a wired connection would be better than wireless...

Maybe but to the average person no.
You can go on fb fine online gaming going to be fine too!!!.

Also wanted to find out if it was the wireless or matchmaking. The matchmaking still needs work.
11-22-2012, 02:39 AM #16
Porter_Justice
Cake is a lie
Yeah I made the switch to wired probably im March and it makes a difference but mostly notably for downloads and streaming.

Still, all four bars are aren't created equal. I still get shot around walls and that is annoying. I'll be moving soon and hoping to get 50mb internet speed.
11-22-2012, 02:53 AM #17
ResistTheMoon
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
So I have the pleasure of playing this game on wireless and wired.

Wired = heaven.

Sure wired helps but if you have a $150 Wireless-N Dual-Band wireless router with speeds like this You must login or register to view this content.
You don't really need wired.
Last edited by ResistTheMoon ; 11-22-2012 at 02:55 AM.
11-22-2012, 03:24 AM #18
Porter_Justice
Cake is a lie
Originally posted by Lv2diag View Post
Sure wired helps but if you have a $150 Wireless-N Dual-Band wireless router with speeds like this You must login or register to view this content.
You don't really need wired.

Damn.... You are the perfect person to answer my question. Do do you find yourself getting shot around corners with a connection so high? My connection is 12mb so it's mediocre at best.
11-22-2012, 03:47 AM #19
ResistTheMoon
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Justice View Post
Damn.... You are the perfect person to answer my question. Do do you find yourself getting shot around corners with a connection so high? My connection is 12mb so it's mediocre at best.

No, because I get host 99% of the time. No delay at all.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo