11-21-2012, 07:11 PM #1
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So I have the pleasure of playing this game on wireless and wired.
Lets say it a night and day thing.

Without a doubt you can tell the difference off the bat.
Playing on wireless = aids
Wired = heaven.

For the guys bitching about lag issues go wired. It won't fix all your problems but should improve it.
Most of my games wired have been 4 bar without lag. Wireless 3 bar in which case nothing you can do to win.
Feel sorry for anyody who has to run wireless I do. If you do upgrade your router to a fancy dual band one.

The following 7 users say thank you to ResistTheSun for this useful post:

ResistTheMoon, HomelandSec, iP4Y, Millz, Porter_Justice, Rath, Stone
11-22-2012, 04:20 AM #20
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Lv2diag View Post
Sure wired helps but if you have a $150 Wireless-N Dual-Band wireless router with speeds like this You must login or register to view this content.
You don't really need wired.

Nice piece of kit Smile
I still would take wired over wireless even with a good router. What model is that ?
11-22-2012, 05:00 AM #21
aznxshad0w
Save Point
if your ps3 doesn't reach with wired you could always try ethernet over power.
11-22-2012, 08:05 AM #22
Porter_Justice
Cake is a lie
No, because I get host 99% of the time. No delay at all.

Man you must destroy people lol. So you don't necessarily think lag compensation is all that influential? I mean I know people with 2-3 bars who destroy people and those with 4bar who are mediocre at best. I know host in MW2 was godly.
11-22-2012, 08:31 AM #23
Kush Friendly
This makes so much sense. I know what I'm buying on black friday.. a long ass ethernet cable. I get shot around corners, walls, etc. all day now. It's getting damn annoying, I think going wired would help my frustration.
11-22-2012, 09:04 AM #24
CTRL
Hurah!
Always use N series compatiable devices such as routers, usb dongles etc... But with ps3 it does not support N wireless connectivity. Max it can handle is G so best solution is to use wired if you have crappy net speeds. ETHERNET cable I would recommend something like this:You must login or register to view this content.

It's super thin.

If you have wireless only then simple tip that could help is install the unit away from electrical equipment that also generates interference. Avoid electric fans, other motors, and flourescent lighting. Any appliance that transmits in the same general range as 802.11b or 802.11g (2.4 GHz) can generate interference.

The following 2 users say thank you to CTRL for this useful post:

ResistTheMoon, ResistTheSun
11-22-2012, 10:02 PM #25
ResistTheMoon
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
Nice piece of kit Smile
I still would take wired over wireless even with a good router. What model is that ?

Here's the router I use and the specs. Best router I've ever had. I think it even boosts my speeds Happy Get 40/4 and we pay for 30/4. You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked ResistTheMoon for this useful post:

ResistTheSun
11-23-2012, 12:57 AM #26
CTRL
Hurah!
Here's the router I use and the specs. Best router I've ever had. I think it even boosts my speeds Happy Get 40/4 and we pay for 30/4. You must login or register to view this content.

I still think DLINK is the best brand. I've been using them for 10yrs+ But yours looks nice though. The best reception for your modem/router is the highest place in your house. So I have it in my loft (converted) I download an average 300gb a week aswell as playing online without even dropping signal. But I do admit I use newsgroups for download.
Last edited by CTRL ; 11-23-2012 at 01:11 AM.
11-23-2012, 03:00 AM #27
Yay. This thread inspired me to go wired and get rid of the lag BS and I just spent like 45 minutes moving my router and a whole bunch of other stuff to my room and re-arranging everything, and long story short, I now have a wired setup right in my room connected directly to my Xbox (and the other stuff it was connected to before).

I haven't played yet, but I can already notice a difference in some of my Wi-Fi speeds in my room. My iPad and laptop are running a lot faster since the router is now like 7 feet away.
11-23-2012, 03:20 AM #28
dhaalbaii
Pokemon Trainer
wired > wireless

enough said stare

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo