11-25-2012, 04:43 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I recently watched a video by WingsOfRedemption earlier today and he was talking about should Black Ops 2 be called a Call of Duty. He brought up a lot of points which I agree on 110%, Call of Duty has progressively been getting worse and worse as the years go on. Blacks Ops 2 isn't the same Call of Duty game that we have all grown to love in a way, they have changed some things in Black Ops 2 that punish those Veteran players of the Call of Duty series. I remember back in the COD4 days when you could sound whore the shit out of people, same with W@W and MW2, then Treyarch brought out Black Ops 2 and more or less removed foot step noises and removed them with really stupid stuff like trains and god knows what else. It's the exact same with Black Ops 2, they put Awareness and Dead Silence in the game but for what reason? They are literally pointless are hell, with Awareness on you still can't hear foot steps but you can hear cranes half way across the map? Stupid, stupid idea. Sound whoring was a technique good players could use when it was needed but now it's just none existent. Drop shooting another technique, a controversial but a technique never the same. A technique that could be used in almost every Call of Duty, but now in Black Ops 2 it just doesn't work plane and simple. When you're prone you can't turn as fast as you could in previous COD's. There is so many issues with this game it's unreal, Lag Compensation is beyond a joke, matchmaking is more or less broke.

I just don't understand this game was suppose to reward good players, (inb4 "Good players play the objective). I play the objective it's gun fights I lose 99% of the time due to Treyarch remove some of the basic stuff listed above that good players has used in previous games.

'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, rewarding those who have a T1 Connection' is what they should advertise.

I may as well mention about the huge failure of a launch Black Ops 2 had, the game has been out for 12 days now and there is still a huge amount of people who cannot connect to the game servers. If you're going to released one of the most anticipated games of the year make sure it actually works for all of your customers! Speaking of customers, PlayStation 3 users got the short end of the stick yet again with 'Hard Freezes' that are still happening after Treyarch released a patch saying it would fix the freezing problems, graphics on the PS3 version of the game is just horrible (again not a surprise when it comes to Call of Duty). A lot of users who pre-ordered the game missed out on the double XP launch weekend because all the Nuketown codes came up as invalid or already used due to crappy servers and finally not only do XBOX get DLC earlier than PS3 users but they also get it cheaper now apparently the season pass on PS3 is £41 (Which is £4 cheaper than the RRP for the entire fucking game!) while on XBOX you can get it for around £32/33.

Complete Bullshit.

My advice if you wish to buy Black Ops 2, buy it for XBOX 360 because for the PlayStation 3 it's clearly still in the beta phase.

The following 29 users say thank you to Sheldon Cooper for this useful post:

AgentSexyPig, Dank, Brentdevent, coach-2200, DaRBdaPlaYa-, dznut5, Gian_, glitchplz, Hadenkin, KingDomoKun, KINGMANI, User23434, Modus, New York BOY !, Nifty., Night Wolf, OED19, ONEster, Porter_Justice, Rath, Royalties, saggybag, SBOSS, spudeeelad, StickyRicky, Vanz, welliegs, xMrCrazyHDx, xSoulEdge
11-26-2012, 12:29 PM #29
spudeeelad
I defeated!
Most of your points are quite valid and I am one of the sufferers of the Unavailable servers, but have thankfully got a temporary (at least I hope it's temporary) fix for a new account.

I agree about the sound, they have badly broken Search & Destroy. When you're last alive, whether it be against 5 opposition and you have to camp it out a little or 1v1, footsteps are absolutely critical. But since BO1, S&Awesome face has been badly broken because of this. Also, the emphasis on S&Awesome face has been placed too much on planting the bomb.
Yes, it is an objective based game, but now it means it's more a campathon than an actual battle.
Back in the MW2 days, it was all about eliminating the opposition and you planted the bomb ONLY to put pressure on the opposition's last alive player to come out.

I have to disagree on the dropshotting though. Dropshotting is pathetic and for those with no talent. I have never dropshotted and I don't have a 'T1 Connection' as you put it, but my KDR is still coming out at 2.42 so far.

In a strange way though, they claim to be balancing the games more, but my KDR seems to go up with every game they release. Back in the days of W@W I was happy to just stay above 1.00 and eventually finished that game with 1.01, with MW2 I have no idea what it was because of the all hacking, including myself, so Black Ops 1 it was 1.71, MW3 it was 2.38 and so far I am looking like I could improve on that as well. I feel that if I did have a T1 Connection, I would pushing for 3.00 or 4.00 on KDR.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Originally posted by Justice View Post
I blame the community. Online gaming isn't for everyone. Gaming with friends was about talking trash, betting and having fun. Now it's just different. A guy will go 3-18 and instead of tucking his tail, he'll talk about how your gun is "overpowered," they camped, have "no life" or are a racial slur. These are the type of players COD tries to appease. It's basically ignoring the fact he went 3-18 and blaming you for his inability
Almost like saying a hot chick dissed yiu because she is a gold digger yet forgetting you weigh 400 lbs and smell like feet.

Part of this is complete nonsense i'm afraid. When i'm in a party, the first thing we do is cause an argument with the opposition players who have headsets. 99% of the time, I back up what I say and I destroy them. It adds a bit extra to the game, builds the tension, adds that extra inspiration to win the game at all costs and gets the enjoyment going.

I cannot play COD on my own because I get bored, although I still do just as well, it's not fun when i'm not with my friends causing 'trouble' and rattling up the opposition whilst in pre-game lobby
11-26-2012, 03:44 PM #30
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Sheldon
I recently watched a video by WingsOfRedemption earlier today and he was talking about should Black Ops 2 be called a Call of Duty. He brought up a lot of points which I agree on 110%, Call of Duty has progressively been getting worse and worse as the years go on. Blacks Ops 2 isn't the same Call of Duty game that we have all grown to love in a way, they have changed some things in Black Ops 2 that punish those Veteran players of the Call of Duty series. I remember back in the COD4 days when you could sound whore the shit out of people, same with W@W and MW2, then Treyarch brought out Black Ops 2 and more or less removed foot step noises and removed them with really stupid stuff like trains and god knows what else. It's the exact same with Black Ops 2, they put Awareness and Dead Silence in the game but for what reason? They are literally pointless are hell, with Awareness on you still can't hear foot steps but you can hear cranes half way across the map? Stupid, stupid idea. Sound whoring was a technique good players could use when it was needed but now it's just none existent. Drop shooting another technique, a controversial but a technique never the same. A technique that could be used in almost every Call of Duty, but now in Black Ops 2 it just doesn't work plane and simple. When you're prone you can't turn as fast as you could in previous COD's. There is so many issues with this game it's unreal, Lag Compensation is beyond a joke, matchmaking is more or less broke.

I just don't understand this game was suppose to reward good players, (inb4 "Good players play the objective). I play the objective it's gun fights I lose 99% of the time due to Treyarch remove some of the basic stuff listed above that good players has used in previous games.

'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, rewarding those who have a T1 Connection' is what they should advertise.

I may as well mention about the huge failure of a launch Black Ops 2 had, the game has been out for 12 days now and there is still a huge amount of people who cannot connect to the game servers. If you're going to released one of the most anticipated games of the year make sure it actually works for all of your customers! Speaking of customers, PlayStation 3 users got the short end of the stick yet again with 'Hard Freezes' that are still happening after Treyarch released a patch saying it would fix the freezing problems, graphics on the PS3 version of the game is just horrible (again not a surprise when it comes to Call of Duty). A lot of users who pre-ordered the game missed out on the double XP launch weekend because all the Nuketown codes came up as invalid or already used due to crappy servers and finally not only do XBOX get DLC earlier than PS3 users but they also get it cheaper now apparently the season pass on PS3 is £41 (Which is £4 cheaper than the RRP for the entire fucking game!) while on XBOX you can get it for around £32/33.

Complete Bullshit.

My advice if you wish to buy Black Ops 2, buy it for XBOX 360 because for the PlayStation 3 it's clearly still in the beta phase.

I started on MW2 very quickly worked out how COD worked. One or two Yters who I followed during black ops 1 due to thinking the same way I did.

Take off the rose tinted glasses for a second.
Now take a look at the design of COD4 compared to BO2. See any real differences ?

Answer is no
Low Time to kill
Low recoil weapons
Map design : 3 lane traffic , Alot of lines of sights to die from poor design.
Gun fights are down to who sees who first over skill
And many more

COD4 had the same things it called the COD formula.
Good players abuse techniques which help themselves so like reload cancel , sounds and clipping.
WingsOfRedemption abuses these techniques to win in quite a random game. Most good players do hell I do Smile
Had the pleasure to play against somebody who not very good at shooters and I abused these techniques he had no fun at all.

Lag Compensation is a term used by gamers it not the real problem. It a mix of factors at fault could be your own network to matchmaking.
IF the game lacked lag compensation it would run worse , you don't want to see the results unless you want to go back in time.

End of the day that game is not designed to reward good players it designed to reward causal players. I could go into CSS 70 out of 100 gun fights I would win could not say the same for COD.

The following 2 users say thank you to ResistTheSun for this useful post:

Sheldon Cooper, Porter_Justice
11-26-2012, 10:45 PM #31
ONEster
I’m too L33T
Originally posted by Millz59 View Post
Oh and here's my "T1 Connection" that I use to play. I get 4 bars every game and rarely disconnect. Haven't had a single server issue since Day 1. I even get host sometimes. (And yes, I'm on the Ps3)
The reason you get lot's of 4 bar connections is because you are in the east coast. There have always been way more players in the east coast then the west or mid US. I have an 18mb/s connection and sometimes get 3 or even 2 bars because I connect to hosts across the country.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Originally posted by Hakon View Post
Nothing beats Modern Warfare 2, the best game of the franchise in my opinion. 60 days + playtime baby! =D
amen!
10 char

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Originally posted by another user
I could go into CSS 70 out of 100 gun fights I would win could not say the same for COD.
You just made me miss CSS, I might go get CS GO now. lol
11-27-2012, 03:44 AM #32
i personally dont have any problems dropshotting , but the problem is i cant win a single gun battle because everyone in the lobby have 4 bars connections , i shot first with the must OP gun and he still kill me Angry@ ! and yeah i have a tritton AX PRO and i cant hear shit , its just useless now Not Happy or Sad
11-27-2012, 04:20 AM #33
Enhancive
Treasure hunter
Appeantly the most high end turtle beaches can be used to soundwhore very well. But hey who's going to spend $400 on a headset :dumb:
11-27-2012, 10:25 AM #34
REZNET \|/
The Land Of The Lost.....
Originally posted by badiban View Post
I do agree with you on the fact that they removed a lot of important techniques that are vital in Black Ops 2. However, I still think people haven't come to realize that this game is very different than the previous Call of Duties, meaning, the game style is different, and you need to change your style in the way you play. Personally, I think this is why so many people are having issues playing the game, because they play it like it's MW3/MW2, but it's not. Once people realize they need to play differently, they will enjoy it more.

Still, dolphin dive but no dropshot?!?!?

If you buy an iPhone your gona use it like the old iPhone just a few extra features.
You buy fifa you use it like fifa no questions asked.
You buy call of duty im sure your gona want to play it like call of duty....

The following user thanked REZNET \|/ for this useful post:

11-27-2012, 02:45 PM #35
shooterace247
I defeated!
Black Ops 2 has been out for 2 weeks now already people are hating. Its the same old story every year when a new cod comes out we all expect it to be better than the last one. Cod is never going to be a perfect game there is always to be problems whether its a gun, killstreak or lag compensation. Every year we still buy the game which shows were dedicated because we all love Cod really. Smile

Here is Cod timeline:

Cod 4- People say this game was this was the best cod yet it still got hate.
WaW- It was about the tanks or the flamethrower.
MW2- Noobtubes and One Man Army
Black Ops- AK74U overpowed.
MW3- Support and Akimbo FMG9s when game first launched.
Black Ops 2- Head glitching and so on.
11-27-2012, 04:42 PM #36
Am i the only one that doesn't have any problems with BO2? Yeah ok, some games are not the best but most of the time i am getting wins and a decent k/d. If i play objective games, i catch objectives for half the game to get points up then i hang back and get some kills to level them out a bit.

I use LMG's most of the time, especially LSAT with target finder, no problems at all in gun battles. Extended mag and fmj, the things destroys anything that moves!

The following user thanked TheHakka for this useful post:

Porter_Justice
11-27-2012, 07:28 PM #37
Hadenkin
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Sheldon
I recently watched a video by WingsOfRedemption earlier today and he was talking about should Black Ops 2 be called a Call of Duty. He brought up a lot of points which I agree on 110%, Call of Duty has progressively been getting worse and worse as the years go on. Blacks Ops 2 isn't the same Call of Duty game that we have all grown to love in a way, they have changed some things in Black Ops 2 that punish those Veteran players of the Call of Duty series. I remember back in the COD4 days when you could sound whore the shit out of people, same with W@W and MW2, then Treyarch brought out Black Ops 2 and more or less removed foot step noises and removed them with really stupid stuff like trains and god knows what else. It's the exact same with Black Ops 2, they put Awareness and Dead Silence in the game but for what reason? They are literally pointless are hell, with Awareness on you still can't hear foot steps but you can hear cranes half way across the map? Stupid, stupid idea. Sound whoring was a technique good players could use when it was needed but now it's just none existent. Drop shooting another technique, a controversial but a technique never the same. A technique that could be used in almost every Call of Duty, but now in Black Ops 2 it just doesn't work plane and simple. When you're prone you can't turn as fast as you could in previous COD's. There is so many issues with this game it's unreal, Lag Compensation is beyond a joke, matchmaking is more or less broke.

Complete Bullshit.

I can't agree with you more. I'm a PS3 user and I am really pissed. I bought it the FIRST day and just played 8hs online, just to do the 1st prestige because I can't really control myself with noobs killing me due to connection errors, lag problems, etc. It's just too frustrating for a COD Veteran you know? I'm not Pro, but I can really say that I have very good ratios in the previous games that here I can't really show how good am I. Here is not the one that has more experience in games, shooters, etc, it's about who has the best connection.

The following user thanked Hadenkin for this useful post:

Sheldon Cooper

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo