11-25-2012, 04:43 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I recently watched a video by WingsOfRedemption earlier today and he was talking about should Black Ops 2 be called a Call of Duty. He brought up a lot of points which I agree on 110%, Call of Duty has progressively been getting worse and worse as the years go on. Blacks Ops 2 isn't the same Call of Duty game that we have all grown to love in a way, they have changed some things in Black Ops 2 that punish those Veteran players of the Call of Duty series. I remember back in the COD4 days when you could sound whore the shit out of people, same with W@W and MW2, then Treyarch brought out Black Ops 2 and more or less removed foot step noises and removed them with really stupid stuff like trains and god knows what else. It's the exact same with Black Ops 2, they put Awareness and Dead Silence in the game but for what reason? They are literally pointless are hell, with Awareness on you still can't hear foot steps but you can hear cranes half way across the map? Stupid, stupid idea. Sound whoring was a technique good players could use when it was needed but now it's just none existent. Drop shooting another technique, a controversial but a technique never the same. A technique that could be used in almost every Call of Duty, but now in Black Ops 2 it just doesn't work plane and simple. When you're prone you can't turn as fast as you could in previous COD's. There is so many issues with this game it's unreal, Lag Compensation is beyond a joke, matchmaking is more or less broke.

I just don't understand this game was suppose to reward good players, (inb4 "Good players play the objective). I play the objective it's gun fights I lose 99% of the time due to Treyarch remove some of the basic stuff listed above that good players has used in previous games.

'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, rewarding those who have a T1 Connection' is what they should advertise.

I may as well mention about the huge failure of a launch Black Ops 2 had, the game has been out for 12 days now and there is still a huge amount of people who cannot connect to the game servers. If you're going to released one of the most anticipated games of the year make sure it actually works for all of your customers! Speaking of customers, PlayStation 3 users got the short end of the stick yet again with 'Hard Freezes' that are still happening after Treyarch released a patch saying it would fix the freezing problems, graphics on the PS3 version of the game is just horrible (again not a surprise when it comes to Call of Duty). A lot of users who pre-ordered the game missed out on the double XP launch weekend because all the Nuketown codes came up as invalid or already used due to crappy servers and finally not only do XBOX get DLC earlier than PS3 users but they also get it cheaper now apparently the season pass on PS3 is £41 (Which is £4 cheaper than the RRP for the entire fucking game!) while on XBOX you can get it for around £32/33.

Complete Bullshit.

My advice if you wish to buy Black Ops 2, buy it for XBOX 360 because for the PlayStation 3 it's clearly still in the beta phase.

The following 29 users say thank you to Sheldon Cooper for this useful post:

AgentSexyPig, Dank, Brentdevent, coach-2200, DaRBdaPlaYa-, dznut5, Gian_, glitchplz, Hadenkin, KingDomoKun, KINGMANI, User23434, Modus, New York BOY !, Nifty., Night Wolf, OED19, ONEster, Porter_Justice, Rath, Royalties, saggybag, SBOSS, spudeeelad, StickyRicky, Vanz, welliegs, xMrCrazyHDx, xSoulEdge
11-27-2012, 09:15 PM #38
xShadow
Pr0n ftw
Originally posted by shooterace247 View Post
Black Ops 2 has been out for 2 weeks now already people are hating. Its the same old story every year when a new cod comes out we all expect it to be better than the last one. Cod is never going to be a perfect game there is always to be problems whether its a gun, killstreak or lag compensation. Every year we still buy the game which shows were dedicated because we all love Cod really. Smile

Here is Cod timeline:

Cod 4- People say this game was this was the best cod yet it still got hate.
WaW- It was about the tanks or the flamethrower.
MW2- Noobtubes and One Man Army
Black Ops- AK74U overpowed.
MW3- Support and Akimbo FMG9s when game first launched.
Black Ops 2- Head glitching and so on.

In waw they would complain about MP40's and jugg, tanks and flamethrower barely did anything, cod4 ppl complained about jugg and martyrdom, in mw3 the prestiges were made to say something good about them and all the effort that it encourages and show a picture of 11-20 to support it, also iw really tried hard to change cod with mw3 (sarcasm).
11-28-2012, 01:46 AM #39
badiban
YouTube.com/BadiBanHD/
Originally posted by Reznet
If you buy an iPhone your gona use it like the old iPhone just a few extra features.
You buy fifa you use it like fifa no questions asked.
You buy call of duty im sure your gona want to play it like call of duty....

What can you do? The game has changed.
12-12-2012, 02:12 AM #40
Team-Provo-JA
Pokemon Trainer
soundwhoring has nothing to do with what headset you have, granted a 7.1 surround sound is better than a stereo headset or even just the tv.. but soundwhoring can be done without a headset. The skill is reliant on player not their bankroll.
12-12-2012, 02:30 AM #41
Meatwad
Meatman
Originally posted by JA View Post
soundwhoring has nothing to do with what headset you have, granted a 7.1 surround sound is better than a stereo headset or even just the tv.. but soundwhoring can be done without a headset. The skill is reliant on player not their bankroll.

So what you're telling me is you can hear footsteps? First of all with consoles like the XBox 360 and the PS3, because of the old hardware, you are NOT getting true 7.1 surround sound no matter what anyone tells you. And buddy, I've been sound whoring EFFECTIVELY since cod 4 and I find it absolutely impossible to sound whore in this game, so don't say it is reliant on skill in this game, in past yes, but not in this game because you CAN'T hear footsteps. I've tried every combination of Dead Silence and Awareness and my friend was able to knife me in the back practically every time.
12-12-2012, 05:08 AM #42
Team-Provo-JA
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by Meatwad View Post
So what you're telling me is you can hear footsteps? First of all with consoles like the XBox 360 and the PS3, because of the old hardware, you are NOT getting true 7.1 surround sound no matter what anyone tells you. And buddy, I've been sound whoring EFFECTIVELY since cod 4 and I find it absolutely impossible to sound whore in this game, so don't say it is reliant on skill in this game, in past yes, but not in this game because you CAN'T hear footsteps. I've tried every combination of Dead Silence and Awareness and my friend was able to knife me in the back practically every time.

Where in my post did i mention bo2? The technique in question is soundwhoring as a whole, the topic came about because the initial poster said

"Sound whoring was a technique good players could use when it was needed but now it's just none existent."

then to which someone responded saying.....

"I don't really get why people consider sound whoring to be a technique that skilled players can use...

You mean you were skilled at paying $150 for a headset and putting on the ninja perk? ok, so am i equally skilled for using fal with a modded controller in mw2?"

My response to which was clearly jusified.

in other words....pointless response.
Last edited by Team-Provo-JA ; 12-12-2012 at 05:12 AM.
12-12-2012, 05:29 AM #43
glitchplz
Samurai Poster
I still feel like they need to tweak the footsteps. Enemies will be running right next to you and sometimes they don't even make an audible sound. Sound whoring is only truly important in game modes like Search and Destroy to be honest. If you play something like deathmatch footsteps are often covered up by the shooting and explosions that are occurring, although you do hear some footsteps and have an advantage in that sense. I really hope they adjust the volume on footsteps and make them more audible. I am not asking for us to hear the enemy team like they are elephants across the map but come on we should be able to hear something.
12-12-2012, 05:36 AM #44
Originally posted by Sheldon
I recently watched a video by WingsOfRedemption earlier today and he was talking about should Black Ops 2 be called a Call of Duty. He brought up a lot of points which I agree on 110%, Call of Duty has progressively been getting worse and worse as the years go on. Blacks Ops 2 isn't the same Call of Duty game that we have all grown to love in a way, they have changed some things in Black Ops 2 that punish those Veteran players of the Call of Duty series. I remember back in the COD4 days when you could sound whore the shit out of people, same with W@W and MW2, then Treyarch brought out Black Ops 2 and more or less removed foot step noises and removed them with really stupid stuff like trains and god knows what else. It's the exact same with Black Ops 2, they put Awareness and Dead Silence in the game but for what reason? They are literally pointless are hell, with Awareness on you still can't hear foot steps but you can hear cranes half way across the map? Stupid, stupid idea. Sound whoring was a technique good players could use when it was needed but now it's just none existent. Drop shooting another technique, a controversial but a technique never the same. A technique that could be used in almost every Call of Duty, but now in Black Ops 2 it just doesn't work plane and simple. When you're prone you can't turn as fast as you could in previous COD's. There is so many issues with this game it's unreal, Lag Compensation is beyond a joke, matchmaking is more or less broke.

I just don't understand this game was suppose to reward good players, (inb4 "Good players play the objective). I play the objective it's gun fights I lose 99% of the time due to Treyarch remove some of the basic stuff listed above that good players has used in previous games.

'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, rewarding those who have a T1 Connection' is what they should advertise.

I may as well mention about the huge failure of a launch Black Ops 2 had, the game has been out for 12 days now and there is still a huge amount of people who cannot connect to the game servers. If you're going to released one of the most anticipated games of the year make sure it actually works for all of your customers! Speaking of customers, PlayStation 3 users got the short end of the stick yet again with 'Hard Freezes' that are still happening after Treyarch released a patch saying it would fix the freezing problems, graphics on the PS3 version of the game is just horrible (again not a surprise when it comes to Call of Duty). A lot of users who pre-ordered the game missed out on the double XP launch weekend because all the Nuketown codes came up as invalid or already used due to crappy servers and finally not only do XBOX get DLC earlier than PS3 users but they also get it cheaper now apparently the season pass on PS3 is £41 (Which is £4 cheaper than the RRP for the entire fucking game!) while on XBOX you can get it for around £32/33.

Complete Bullshit.

My advice if you wish to buy Black Ops 2, buy it for XBOX 360 because for the PlayStation 3 it's clearly still in the beta phase.

Fuck Black Ops 2, Lets play some old school Modern Warfare 2! Happy I don't like Call of duty that much mostly bf3 i love bf3 and mw2
Last edited by Gian_ ; 12-12-2012 at 05:41 AM.
12-12-2012, 11:49 AM #45
Originally posted by edd View Post
I don't really get why people consider sound whoring to be a technique that skilled players can use...

You mean you were skilled at paying $150 for a headset and putting on the ninja perk? ok, so am i equally skilled for using fal with a modded controller in mw2?

I began sound whoring in 08 when I first got CoD4 on my PC. I didn't need a head set at all to use this technique, that's hwne it was a skill to soundwhore. Obviously buisnesses saw the profit they could make by creating a headset to exploit this function. Yes, I do see what you mean. When you go out and buy a stupidly priced headset, that more or less takes away it being a 'skill'.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo