11-25-2012, 04:43 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I recently watched a video by WingsOfRedemption earlier today and he was talking about should Black Ops 2 be called a Call of Duty. He brought up a lot of points which I agree on 110%, Call of Duty has progressively been getting worse and worse as the years go on. Blacks Ops 2 isn't the same Call of Duty game that we have all grown to love in a way, they have changed some things in Black Ops 2 that punish those Veteran players of the Call of Duty series. I remember back in the COD4 days when you could sound whore the shit out of people, same with W@W and MW2, then Treyarch brought out Black Ops 2 and more or less removed foot step noises and removed them with really stupid stuff like trains and god knows what else. It's the exact same with Black Ops 2, they put Awareness and Dead Silence in the game but for what reason? They are literally pointless are hell, with Awareness on you still can't hear foot steps but you can hear cranes half way across the map? Stupid, stupid idea. Sound whoring was a technique good players could use when it was needed but now it's just none existent. Drop shooting another technique, a controversial but a technique never the same. A technique that could be used in almost every Call of Duty, but now in Black Ops 2 it just doesn't work plane and simple. When you're prone you can't turn as fast as you could in previous COD's. There is so many issues with this game it's unreal, Lag Compensation is beyond a joke, matchmaking is more or less broke.

I just don't understand this game was suppose to reward good players, (inb4 "Good players play the objective). I play the objective it's gun fights I lose 99% of the time due to Treyarch remove some of the basic stuff listed above that good players has used in previous games.

'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, rewarding those who have a T1 Connection' is what they should advertise.

I may as well mention about the huge failure of a launch Black Ops 2 had, the game has been out for 12 days now and there is still a huge amount of people who cannot connect to the game servers. If you're going to released one of the most anticipated games of the year make sure it actually works for all of your customers! Speaking of customers, PlayStation 3 users got the short end of the stick yet again with 'Hard Freezes' that are still happening after Treyarch released a patch saying it would fix the freezing problems, graphics on the PS3 version of the game is just horrible (again not a surprise when it comes to Call of Duty). A lot of users who pre-ordered the game missed out on the double XP launch weekend because all the Nuketown codes came up as invalid or already used due to crappy servers and finally not only do XBOX get DLC earlier than PS3 users but they also get it cheaper now apparently the season pass on PS3 is £41 (Which is £4 cheaper than the RRP for the entire fucking game!) while on XBOX you can get it for around £32/33.

Complete Bullshit.

My advice if you wish to buy Black Ops 2, buy it for XBOX 360 because for the PlayStation 3 it's clearly still in the beta phase.

The following 29 users say thank you to Sheldon Cooper for this useful post:

AgentSexyPig, Dank, Brentdevent, coach-2200, DaRBdaPlaYa-, dznut5, Gian_, glitchplz, Hadenkin, KingDomoKun, KINGMANI, User23434, Modus, New York BOY !, Nifty., Night Wolf, OED19, ONEster, Porter_Justice, Rath, Royalties, saggybag, SBOSS, spudeeelad, StickyRicky, Vanz, welliegs, xMrCrazyHDx, xSoulEdge
11-25-2012, 05:09 PM #2
Sean - LFC
Gym leader
Jesus christ you had time to type all that shit out :lol: It's a game

The following 10 users say thank you to Sean - LFC for this useful post:

Cien, IcyDose, Leftwinger, Travis, Vaner, warman_94, x420XP, xd366, xShadow, Yeezus Christ

The following 15 users groaned at Sean - LFC for this awful post:

a7meDz, AgentSexyPig, Brentdevent, Dman93, dznut5, Hadenkin, Jeremy, KingDomoKun, Lucy Pinder, ONEster, Porter_Justice, REZNET \|/, SuperGamecube64, Swifter, xSoulEdge
11-25-2012, 05:11 PM #3
badiban
YouTube.com/BadiBanHD/
I do agree with you on the fact that they removed a lot of important techniques that are vital in Black Ops 2. However, I still think people haven't come to realize that this game is very different than the previous Call of Duties, meaning, the game style is different, and you need to change your style in the way you play. Personally, I think this is why so many people are having issues playing the game, because they play it like it's MW3/MW2, but it's not. Once people realize they need to play differently, they will enjoy it more.

Still, dolphin dive but no dropshot?!?!?

The following user thanked badiban for this useful post:

shawry
11-25-2012, 05:21 PM #4
Originally posted by badiban View Post
I do agree with you on the fact that they removed a lot of important techniques that are vital in Black Ops 2. However, I still think people haven't come to realize that this game is very different than the previous Call of Duties, meaning, the game style is different, and you need to change your style in the way you play. Personally, I think this is why so many people are having issues playing the game, because they play it like it's MW3/MW2, but it's not. Once people realize they need to play differently, they will enjoy it more.

Still, dolphin dive but no dropshot?!?!?

I have tried and tired with many different play styles, some have worked some haven't. It would be much easier in my case if the lag compensation didn't screw up 99% of the time, I could take full advantage of these different play styles if it wasn't for that.
11-25-2012, 05:29 PM #5
badiban
YouTube.com/BadiBanHD/
Originally posted by Sheldon
It would be much easier in my case if the lag compensation didn't screw up 99% of the time

At least it's not as bad as it was in MW3. My best tip that I can give so far in this game is to tap the fire button instead of holding it down when using SMGs or ARs (while ADS).

The following user thanked badiban for this useful post:

Hondarydr
11-25-2012, 05:31 PM #6
new_egg_edd
Bounty hunter
I don't really get why people consider sound whoring to be a technique that skilled players can use...

You mean you were skilled at paying $150 for a headset and putting on the ninja perk? ok, so am i equally skilled for using fal with a modded controller in mw2?

The following 2 users say thank you to new_egg_edd for this useful post:

IcyDose, warman_94

The following user groaned new_egg_edd for this awful post:

x420XP
11-25-2012, 05:37 PM #7
Originally posted by edd View Post
I don't really get why people consider sound whoring to be a technique that skilled players can use...

You mean you were skilled at paying $150 for a headset and putting on the ninja perk? ok, so am i equally skilled for using fal with a modded controller in mw2?

How is it not a technique, you have to learn the difference between the sounds in the game which anyone can do, anyone can sound whore good players just took advantage of it. (Also you don't need a headset you can easily sound whore with the TV sounds up a little, I use to do it before I got a headset)

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Originally posted by badiban View Post
At least it's not as bad as it was in MW3. My best tip that I can give so far in this game is to tap the fire button instead of holding it down when using SMGs or ARs (while ADS).

I have tried doing that a few times but it's like my gun is shooting water, it has little effect. MW3 wasn't as bad as this for me. :p

The following 2 users say thank you to Sheldon Cooper for this useful post:

chiefclueless, Yoszhi
11-25-2012, 05:57 PM #8
Call of Duty died after World at War. It was never the same after that. I'm not saying everything sucked, but it just wasn't the same. With all this new stuff they introduced, some has made the game better, but others have made the game worse. Black Ops II is pretty much in that category of going downhill from the old games.

The following user thanked Stone for this useful post:

Rath
11-25-2012, 06:19 PM #9
wardy
[move]Smilies bk plz[/move]
What I can't get my head around is the fact that every year people want something different, yet, when they deliver something different people don't like it even though alot of the things in the game are what the community have been asking for.

When people refer to older games like CoD4 and WaW saying it isn't the same anymore is a bit daft if you ask me. How many of you would pay for the new game if it was the same as one of the old ones?

The following 7 users say thank you to wardy for this useful post:

IcyDose, jerrmy12, Millz, Porter_Justice, shawry, warman_94, Wondoh
11-25-2012, 06:23 PM #10
Originally posted by gt
What I can't get my head around is the fact that every year people want something different, yet, when they deliver something different people don't like it even though alot of the things in the game are what the community have been asking for.

When people refer to older games like CoD4 and WaW saying it isn't the same anymore is a bit daft if you ask me. How many of you would pay for the new game if it was the same as one of the old ones?

When I say it isn't the same I'm talking about the core mechanics that make Call of Duty, Call of Duty.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo